Ryan Swope

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Ryan Swope

In response to stan17's comment:

With only 4 pks in this draft what are the odds BB trades his 1st to aquire more pks.  

5 picks.

1, 2, 3, 7, 7

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

With only 4 pks in this draft what are the odds BB trades his 1st to aquire more pks.  

I believe VERY high--I can see him trading for an extra 2nd and third-giving him 2 seconds and 2 thirds-maybe even have them throw in a 5th or 6th?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

The one problem with Swope is that he has very small hands: 8 1/2 inches.

This will be held against him.

But looking at the film, you'd never know this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He has deceptive speed, but what I like most about him is that he is a great route runner and knows how to find holes in the defense. He reminds me a bit if Edelman with the ball in his hands...meaning, he can break it off, is shifty, and has some nice moves. 

He is going to go in round 2 I believe. I would like him here, but I also want someone bigger. I think he would be a great Lloyd replacement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to magicalhobo's comment:

I hear ya Patseng, but you can't just give up on drafting WRs. They keep drafting all of these small school guys with "potential." This guy seems to have the potential along with production and no red flags that I'm aware of. Taylor Price played in a poor offensive system, Edelman was a QB, Ebert was a 7th round flyer, Tate was coming off knee surgery, Slater was special teams, and then you need to go back to 2006 to get to the Chad Jackson bust and 2003 for the Bethel Johnson one.

This guy, to me, just seems like a hardworking player that can run the intermediate routes and has the speed to be a burner as well. That is what this team needs! A player who isn't scared to get rocked by a safety and can also get behind the safeties.

Picking up vet receivers also doesn't seem to be working for team. Look at Ocho, Lloyd (to a lesser extent), Holt, Galloway, and all the others. There is an issue here...

We do need to draft defense, but this is one pick. We picked one offensive player last year and that was in the seventh round. Do you want to go two straight years drafting players that won't contribute to the offense?

I hear you but I just see college players taking a coupe years to work into he system. Consderig we were the #1 O last year and stunk on D I'd be pefectly ok spending the first 3 picks on D to finish i up. A top end D might help Brady more then a shinny young WR.

However, we need WR's so he's what I'd think. Resign Welker or get a Bowe, resign Edelman, move Hern to #2 WR role with Ballard as #2 TE (lets face it he's a better receiver then inline blocker), sign Hartline or Nelson, maybe draft another or if it he doesn't cost a ton get Boldin

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"The one problem with Swope is that he has very small hands: 8 1/2 inches. This will be held against him. But looking at the film, you'd never know this."

'Kay see, that's just never gonna cut it...  If noone ever bothered to inform him that he's white & shouldn't be runnin' around so fast, I'm not so sure that simply looking at his dwarf hands'll be enough to convince the guy...  He might have to look elsewhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

5 picks.

1, 2, 3, 7, 7

Correct I forgot about the one from Tampa.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LOL, kid won't even be available by the time Patriots get a chance. He's the second coming of Wes Welker.

Though we need a couple decent WRs to compliment Wes, we need big ones.

Sections
Shortcuts