Ryan vs Belichick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: Ryan vs Belichick

In Response to Re: Ryan vs Belichick:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan vs Belichick : No, I don't.  It has been discussed on this board so many times and you come back with the same old arguments.  Nothing new here, nothing at all.  Either you ignore what's been posted or you persist in your moronic ways.  I'm not playing. Posted by garytx[/QUOTE] I think it was a relevent question to this conversation.  How did the hooded one do in his first year as HC? his first tenure as HC?  Not many coaches can walk into a team and have immediate success.  Rex did.  I asked about the hooded one and your response is?   Another point to be made here is that Rex is the HC.  He does not try to wear too many hats and will probably tell you that he is not smart enought to wear many hats. he can motivate his team, call a fantastic defensive game and he will rely on Shottie jr and Callahan to handle the offensive side of the ball.  He still steers the ship but allows those 2 guys to handle the micromanaging.  I am happy with the situation. Back to the hooded one, he is an excellent HC. He has the hardware to prove it.  He has weeknesses though and is not perfect. Imo, part of being successful is knowing your own strengths and weeknesses.  I get the feeling that Rex has a handle on that.
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

I agree on Rex, he sucx and knows it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]what, you expect me to make them up to satisfy this forum : P
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

No, "I expect you to die."

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Ryan vs Belichick:
    [QUOTE]Who has been the better Defensive mind over the last 4 years?
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

Why would we limit ourselves to the last 4 years?  You might as well ask over the last 4 minutes.

BB's resume dwarf's anything Ryan has done. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]I am speechless after reading WhoDat's post.  Statements like "stocked to the gills at LB" with draft busts, people in the last year of their deal, a one year 36 year old rental who can't cover or play the run. I mean, how does anyone take this kind of homerism seriously? That is so far from objective it is not even funny.   Harris and Scott are very good in the middle. Pace is solid.  Taylor is 36 and hopefully can be healthy for you. Faneca was THE reason the Jets went into the top 10 with the run in 2008 and were #1 last year. Do you really think his being on the team was a detriment to the run game? What color is the sky in your world? Slauson is a total unknown and will not be better than an established 7 time Pro Bowler.   Take that to the bank. Keller is average.    Sanchez is the total wild card and he can't hide behind a less than great run game anymore. Ben Watson />Keller. DE on the Jets is as mecdiocre as NE's. I cannot wait to heckle Jets fans win they do not win the SB this year. It will be hilarious for months.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

The best part of their season will be the Hard Knocks footage. They should hang on to that. There are two types of QB's, the ones who block out the threats right and their face and make plays and the ones who panic and throw pics just to save their necks.

Last year franchise had 20 pics. One you go down that road you do not come back. He is a scared QB and will throw the same way going forward.

As good as the rest of the team may try to be, the QB will kill them..aka Manning in the sb last year.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

So the key for QB success in the NFL is to throw 20 ITs as a rookie?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ryan vs Belichick : You are right on.  Look at Manning, 20 picks his rookie year and he has been horrendous ever since.  What has he ever done?  
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

I agree, Manning got to the SB once on a fluke against a very week team. The most over rated player to ever play. Franchise came in the same way and will have less luck.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xfiles45. Show xfiles45's posts

As much as I hate to say this (because I hate him, arrogant, fat clown) fat boy, crybaby Rex Ryan...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Here's the numbers in total defense PPG

BAL- 1st
    NE-   2nd

BAL- 22nd
    NE-    4th

BAL- 3rd
    NE-   8th

NYJ-  1st
    NE-    5th

Ryan averaged 6.75 ranking, 266.25 points per season.

BB averaged 4.75 ranking,  276.25 points per season.

Looks like even considering BB's defenses of the last four years have been some of the worst of his career it still comes out pretty darn close.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Well the question was phrased for over the last four years?  I think the Ravens and Jets have finished better overall than the Pats over that span so you have to say Rex...  But like most I'd still take BB, but if I was a player I probably would love to play for either coach to be honest. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Ryan vs. Belichick?

Is it a pie-eating contest or coaching football?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]Well the question was phrased for over the last four years?  I think the Ravens and Jets have finished better overall than the Pats over that span so you have to say Rex...  But like most I'd still take BB, but if I was a player I probably would love to play for either coach to be honest. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    Nope over the last 4 years Ryans teams (Bal-06, 07, 08, NYJ 09) are
    38-26, 2 AFC championship games
    Pats were 49-15, AFC championship game (06), and SB (07)

I'll repost this because his stats aren't that special either.

Here's the numbers in total defense PPG

BAL- 1st
    NE-   2nd

BAL- 22nd
    NE-    4th

BAL- 3rd
    NE-   8th

NYJ-  1st
    NE-    5th

Ryan averaged 6.75 ranking, 266.25 points per season.

BB averaged 4.75 ranking,  276.25 points per season.

Looks like even considering BB's defenses of the last four years have been some of the worst of his career it still comes out pretty darn close.

Sections
Shortcuts