Ryan Wendell re-signs with Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Ryan Wendell re-signs with Patriots

According to Chris Price Ryan has re-signed with the Patriots for 2years total incentive laden package worth 6.85 mil over the length of the contract. As I read most of the posts to this thread I think we all are scratching our heads considering Wendell was rated as one of the worst Centers when blocking for pass protection as rated by the league. His potential competition comes from Conolly, Cave and possibly Barker, Barker was on the roster for the entire season as the Patriots didn't want to lose him trying to sneak him back on the PS.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Ryan Wendell re-signs with Patriots

Wow that's a lot for him. I'd love to see want the incentives are. Depending on what they are will determine if he's the starter are not

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Whiplash Friday, any other news?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Wow... I thought he got pushed around last year. Seemed like he couldn't handle the bigger DT's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Not suprised they signed him but Im surprised at the amount. I was not impressed with him outside of durability. Do they feel he has some upside... that he will get better?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

I feel like he held his own for the most part, I just think the receivers couldn't get open.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I hope one of the incentives is that he grows 2 inches and gains about 30 pounds of muscle!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

1. Field Yates @FieldYates 28m

Check that: Wendell's deal maxes out at $8.15M. He has a roster bonus of $2M each year, with $1.3M to earn in P/T incentives in 2015.

2.   Field Yates @FieldYates 29m

On Wendell: it includes a $850,000 signing bonus, per game roster bonuses (46 man) of $12.5k for each season. Base salary of $1M each season

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

His roster spot isn't guaranteed given the structure of this contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

1. Field Yates @FieldYates 28m

Check that: Wendell's deal maxes out at $8.15M. He has a roster bonus of $2M each year, with $1.3M to earn in P/T incentives in 2015.

2.   Field Yates @FieldYates 29m

On Wendell: it includes a $850,000 signing bonus, per game roster bonuses (46 man) of $12.5k for each season. Base salary of $1M each season

[/QUOTE]

He's the starter this year with that type of cash. So we can rule out a high C pick in the upcoming draft. Mid round or late round still a good possibility given the length of the deal

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Be interesting to see if they draft a Center/Guard or bring a veteran in. The one thing BB likes is competition in camp. Perhaps he is competing with Connelly at center and Cannon is going to be given a shot at earning the starting RG spot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not guaranteed but, I don't see them bringing in another vet to compete and if your plan was to draft one early you certainly don't give him that type of money if there is a chance he'd play a backup role. It sounds like a 2 year bandaid contract where they can develop a mid round guy to take over in a couple years or potentally have a guy they like already that might take a year or two to develop

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Be interesting to see if they draft a Center/Guard or bring a veteran in. The one thing BB likes is competition in camp. Perhaps he is competing with Connelly at center and Cannon is going to be given a shot at earning the starting RG spot.

[/QUOTE]

I still think Cannon is a natural move to RG as a starter eventually but with the injury issues you've had at T Cannon is a pretty valuable swing piece for this year where once Connolly's contract is up he can move inside

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well there was no one else out there to sign, at least we won't have to draft a center high now...although with Belichick you never know.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I still think Cannon is a natural move to RG as a starter eventually but with the injury issues you've had at T Cannon is a pretty valuable swing piece for this year where once Connolly's contract is up he can move inside

[/QUOTE]

Let's keep our fingers crossed Seabass is healthy.... It would give them much more flexibility across the board on the O-line.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let's keep our fingers crossed Seabass is healthy.... It would give them much more flexibility across the board on the O-line.

[/QUOTE]

not just Seabass but Solder now to with the concussions. That's where I think Cannon's value lies most this year. Until both make it through a season again Cannon is better suited in the T backup roll then replace Connolly next year

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow... I thought he got pushed around last year. Seemed like he couldn't handle the bigger DT's.
    [/QUOTE]

Amen! I don't like this re-signing. Wendell needs to be replaced.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Amen! I don't like this re-signing. Wendell needs to be replaced.

[/QUOTE]

Center was the weakest link followed by RG ... and TE without Gronk (as far as blocking).

I still hope we upgrade at C one way or another.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

So a question: can and does Wendell work on his strength to become a starter of a very solid line or does he continue to be a weak link?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

not just Seabass but Solder now to with the concussions. That's where I think Cannon's value lies most this year. Until both make it through a season again Cannon is better suited in the T backup roll then replace Connolly next year

[/QUOTE]

never know with BB.... perhaps he drafts a tackle in the 1st 2 rounds as insurance??? Is this the last year of Solders rookie contract?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonhoop74. Show jonhoop74's posts

Well they do have Braxton Cave who played C at ND.  Maybe they are planning on grooming him.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82205&draftyear=2013&genpos=C

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Center was the weakest link followed by RG ... and TE without Gronk (as far as blocking).

I still hope we upgrade at C one way or another.

RESPONSE: Agreed. Both Wendell at OC and Connelly at RG need to be upgraded.

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because, HE DID GET PUSHED AROUND LAST YEAR!!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to jozee76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because, HE DID GET PUSHED AROUND LAST YEAR!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

yeap he did!

And he didnt exactly hike the ball well in shot gun eitehr

Can only hope he plays better like he did 2 yrs ago

So now we have the D and O line of  last year. Hmmmm

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

i wish we draft a C in the 2nd or 3rd. A big massive guy !