Ryan Worth a Look?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Ryan Worth a Look?

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/8830325/jerry-jones-dallas-cowboys-owner-comments-decision-release-rob-ryan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Ryan Worth a Look?

I dont think he is a good fit for the Pats with the current personel. Ryan likes to leave his CB's out on an island and bring the house from different angles. I dont think the Pats CB's are good enough to play single coverage, nor do I think the LB's and S's are great at blitzing.

This defense is coming along fine with the current scheme. Yes, they do need additional pieces on the DL and back 4, but no need to disrupt the continuity for Ryan

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Not positive but hasn't he already been a Pats coach in the BB era.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I dont think he is a good fit for the Pats with the current personel. Ryan likes to leave his CB's out on an island and bring the house from different angles. I dont think the Pats CB's are good enough to play single coverage, nor do I think the LB's and S's are great at blitzing.

This defense is coming along fine with the current scheme. Yes, they do need additional pieces on the DL and back 4, but no need to disrupt the continuity for Ryan

I think it's more then just the players though. I still have a very clear image in my head of after the bye when they D started off very slow BB left the sidelines when the O was on the field, grabbed a clip board and basically pushed Patricia out of the way. Then the following week after two series he did the same thing. Since then BB has clearly been talking to his D guys on the bench after every series like a DC should be doing, not even watching the O. Now this could be taken that he has faith in McDaniels or imo that he lost faith in Patricia and decided to take over the D himself. But, the results speak for themselves and since BB has taken the clip board and startered to coach the D up they've been a different unit all together. Now if BB has faith in McDaniels and McDaniels stays around maybe that trend continues but if McDaniels leaves or BB was to get back to being the HC on gameday instead of basically being the DC then he's going to need to find a new DC he has faith in

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Not positive but hasn't he already been a Pats coach in the BB era.

yes, he was LB's coach for 3 years with the Pats

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Ryan will have no trouble getting a job with a HC who knows nothing about defense and will let him run it how he wants.  That ain't going to happen here.  No way he comes here even if we asked (which we won't).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Does this sound like a Pat's coach to you?

"I did a good job coaching"  "Any one who says  that I didn't do a good job coaching is full of (&**@)"  " I will have another job in 5 minutes".

Nope!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Dallas was a top 10 defense the first 10 games of the year until injuries to 5 starters on defense derailed the defensive plan.

Ryan also said that the defense played well enough for the team to be 10-0 or 9-1 those first 10 games.

Pats dont need a coach that throws others under the bus.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to pezz4pats's comment:

Does this sound like a Pat's coach to you?

"I did a good job coaching"  "Any one who says  that I didn't do a good job coaching is full of (&**@)"  " I will have another job in 5 minutes".

Nope!

well, he was once on the coaching staff :)

If the defense can improve with him as a coach, why not?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

He's been a DC for 3 teams for a total of 9 years.  In a league where more than 1/3 of the teams make the playoffs every year, not one of the teams he coached made the playoffs a single time.

NO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Rob will join Rex in New York. And Rex will then hire the previously unknown brother Ray (the last of the litter), because Rex and Ray have been working on a secret plan for the Jets (known as Rex-Ray Vision). But it wont work in the end because Rob any Ray can't coexist, and eventually Rob wrecks Ray and Rex's Rex-Ray Vision is robbed...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

He's been a DC for 3 teams for a total of 9 years.  In a league where more than 1/3 of the teams make the playoffs every year, not one of the teams he coached made the playoffs a single time.

NO.

Raiders, Browns, Dal. Name one O in the bunch over that time period that would have brought a team to the playoffs. Football has 3 aspects saying a DC didn't get to the playoffs without looking at the other 2 aspects is short sighted

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Rob will join Rex in New York. And Rex will then hire the previously unknown brother Ray (the last of the litter), because Rex and Ray have been working on a secret plan for the Jets (known as Rex-Ray Vision). But it wont work in the end because Rob any Ray can't coexist, and eventually Rob wrecks Ray and Rex's Rex-Ray Vision is robbed...

lmao

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

NO.

Raiders, Browns, Dal. Name one O in the bunch over that time period that would have brought a team to the playoffs. Football has 3 aspects saying a DC didn't get to the playoffs without looking at the other 2 aspects is short sighted

I wouldn't have to go back far.  Broncos were ranked 25th last year in Offense (points).  There are plenty of other examples.

Here's another way of looking at it ... maybe there's a reason why the "elite" organizations (those that make the playoffs repeatedly) have passed on his services year after year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

NO.

I wouldn't have to go back far.  Broncos were ranked 25th last year in Offense (points).  There are plenty of other examples.

Here's another way of looking at it ... maybe there's a reason why the "elite" organizations (those that make the playoffs repeatedly) have passed on his services year after year.

Or here's another way to look at it, low end teams give their coaches more money because they are less glamorous teams to work for. It's the reason why Rodney and Brown both cited Romeo and Weis didn't come back, because NE doesn't pay it's OC and DC all that well since it is an elite team with an elite HC. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

NO.

Or here's another way to look at it, low end teams give their coaches more money because they are less glamorous teams to work for. It's the reason why Rodney and Brown both cited Romeo and Weis didn't come back, because NE doesn't pay it's OC and DC all that well since it is an elite team with an elite HC. 

I gave you a team that met the criteria you asked for yet you seem unwilling to concede that maybe, just maybe, Ryan is a case of more hype than substance.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

NO.

I gave you a team that met the criteria you asked for yet you seem unwilling to concede that maybe, just maybe, Ryan is a case of more hype than substance.

Den's O wasn't great but it didn't lose them games either. Raiders, Browns, and Dal continually blew games because of their O. All you had to do was watch them to realize these teams couldn't get out of their own way when it came to the O's. Den didn't light the world on fire but just like Balts O it's doesn't lose them games either

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

NO.

Den's O wasn't great but it didn't lose them games either. Raiders, Browns, and Dal continually blew games because of their O. All you had to do was watch them to realize these teams couldn't get out of their own way when it came to the O's. Den didn't light the world on fire but just like Balts O it's doesn't lose them games either

Exhibit B:  2004 Rams.  Offensive Points Rank 19th.  Actually won a playoff game with a poorer than average offense.

My bet is that the "I'll get a job in 5 minutes" Ryan will, once again manage to land with a team that is not one of the "elite" organizations.  Must be just a coincidence.

And the argument that top teams don't pay well ... smart teams, or businesses for that matter pay off past performance.  Build a resume first.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

BB likes total control. Do you think he could trust Rob, when his brother is on a division rival?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Why on god's green earth would you want to bring in someone from that family? Whereever they go there is discontent, a lack of total team, and a lot of I, I, I....

And BB doesnt need Ryan to tell him how to run a D. Better to keep the coordinator in synch with BB and not at odds!

Havent you heard of chemistry?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Dallas was a top 10 defense the first 10 games of the year until injuries to 5 starters on defense derailed the defensive plan.

Ryan also said that the defense played well enough for the team to be 10-0 or 9-1 those first 10 games.

If I were him, I would be pissed too. A defense decimated by injuries and still finishes 19th in league. A Qb that consistently loses games all by himself. A lameduck head coach. An owner who is trying like hell to surplant Al Davis as the dumbest owner of all time. And Rob Ryan gets the blame and the boot?!! Now who is getting thrown under the bus?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In response to jerh5's comment:

If I were him, I would be pissed too. A defense decimated by injuries and still finishes 19th in league. A Qb that consistently loses games all by himself. A lameduck head coach. An owner who is trying like hell to surplant Al Davis as the dumbest owner of all time. And Rob Ryan gets the blame and the boot?!! Now who is getting thrown under the bus?

That being said, I am not advocating to bring Ryan here. He would not be a good fit.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

very funny

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Bravo! hahaha

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

Ryan had a situation that he could not control with the remaining talent that was left after all the injuries. In my opinion no one could of been sucessful with the position that he was put in. He was just another Scapegoat in the Cowboys downfall...

Sections
Shortcuts