RYAN'S 7 ISSUES WITH BELICHICK AS REVEALED IN HIS DUMB NEW BOOK
posted at 5/29/2011 4:26 PM EDT
1. belichick give a personal recommendation for john harbaugh which put him over the top. “[Ravens owner Steve]Bisciotti got a call from Belichick telling him Harbaugh was great. That’s a pretty great recommendation.’’
2. used the "me against belichick" montra to keep them from focusing on the 45-3 drubbing from earlier
3. in the playoff game, exploited the lack of a moss or field stretcher to jump our short hgame consistently.
4. steelers were the happiest about the jets win for PATS would have spread them out and beaten them!
5. Do I really hate Tom Brady? I really don’t know Tom Brady, but who wouldn’t hate him? Look at his life. Actually, look at his wife. Every man in America hates Tom Brady, and he should be proud of that.’’ (some hate tommy for his team-killing and subversive tendencies but why go there).
6. he agrees with belichick's decision to go for it on 4th and 2 versus the colts .
“Yeah, it didn’t work, but are you seriously telling me that anybody could know his team better than Belichick? He’s the best out there. I have total respect for him. I’m not kissing his rings and I’m not afraid of him, but I respect him.’’
7. On the Jets’ pursuit of free agent linebacker Jason Taylor: “Bill Belichick up in New England was calling him every day, leaving him messages, hoping to get him to the Patriots.’’
for other ryan thoughts and full excerpts: