S P I K E S!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

S P I K E S!!!

Discuss ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

Re: S P I K E S!!!

He is playing good run d. Needs to make some big plays though. Wilfork almost had another int tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

He blew up that screen pass inside the 10 in the 4th. That was a huge play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Pretty good opponent.  Less offensive points to work with.  Win.  Something's going right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Good hit on romo to an incomplete pass

good tackles near the line

good pursuit on the DMC miss tackle

great energy !!!!  great emotion !!!

i think whn mayo gets back Spikes will be playing his best football, great tandem !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Good to see him getting his legs in the defense. Hopefully he can stay out of BB's doghouse from here on out.

On a side note I would like to make a comment regarding the waffling that occurs on this board... The number of people who have trashed Spikes, Carter, and Haynesworth prior to this week were astronomical... Not the case any more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Hot and cold player-good and bad-still learning-like his agressive and fiesty play!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I think yesterday was SPikes best game this year. I really loved the way BB used him to apply pressure up the gut. Spikes has a good nose for the play, and really great insticts. Apparent yesterday on that shuffle/screen pass where he blew it up.
    I would like to see him used more in an attacking manner, as I believe he excels when let off the leash a bit, using instincts rather than sit back and wait for the play to come to him or develop. he loves to mix it up, and generally does a good job sorting through trash. I want to see us use him more like we did yesterday. That only happens however when we have a healthy set of DL's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: S P I K E S!!!:
    On a side note I would like to make a comment regarding the waffling that occurs on this board... The number of people who have trashed Spikes, Carter, and Haynesworth prior to this week were astronomical... Not the case any more.
    Posted by oh-my-beard

If you're going to continue to post here then get used to it. Its been that way for as long as can remember. I wonder if Patsman3 still wants Haynesworth gone because he didn't have any sacks again

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

He is playing good run d. Needs to make some big plays though. Wilfork almost had another int tonight.
    Posted by RANDIBUS81

I thought he did and has been making been plays.  Some folks have been down on him but after his first game back I thought he has been great. Look, he is a thumper.  Dont expect INT's, or whatever, but when he arrives, he brings the pain.

He looked like Seau out there blitzing up the middle, causing havoc and a few times came in on assisted tackles and made his present felt. on a team that has a bunch of dioff. backers for different roles, he plays his perfectly.  Glad he is back to playing well and when Mayo returns we will be stout.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: S P I K E S!!! : Did you notice that Al Michaels was calling Adrian Peterson "AP" last night?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

I didn't, didn't watch the game. I did notice that Peterson said himself that his father gave him the nickname AD for All Day when he was a kid though. For the record, I was not saying nobody calls him AP, his original nickname as stated by Peterson himself is AD. No discussion about it..

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

In Response to S P I K E S!!!:
    Discuss ...
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro

BEAST

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

He was VERY GOOD all game. Dare I say he did a better job than Mayo would have? 

I can't say for sure. One thing I saw from Spikes was he hit the hole a couple times harder than any LB here in along time and one he actually stopped, rolled, and hit the 2nd gap. Both times he stopped the run, didn't make the tackle but blew the play up and other guys made the tackle. This is usually not Mayo's style, at least I have not seen it yet. The LB coverage seemed to be very good also. 

I hope Spikes can continue when Mayo comes back. Mayo is def the better all around tackler, without a doubt.

We need 2 hungry animals as our LB. Doesn't every NFL team??!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I think a lot of people were wondering why Spikes wasn't playing more early in the year.  He seems to have emerged from whatever doghouse he was in to become a pretty good run stuffer.  He made some other nice plays yesterday, and has done a good job at ILB while Mayo is recuperating.  Nice to see him emerge more. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

In Response to Re: S P I K E S!!! : If you're going to continue to post here then get used to it. Its been that way for as long as can remember. I wonder if Patsman3 still wants Haynesworth gone because he didn't have any sacks again
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33

Not complaining... Simply stating what should be apparent to most. Also not new to the board... Been reading for years, just recently joined the banter.

As far as Spikes is concerned, he sniffed out the ball on nearly every play of that drive to put the Cowboys up by three... Great way to end that game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Spikes didn't always make the tackle but he was able to stop the RB's feet which as we all know(Marony) is death for a running game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

smashmouth and it was fun to watch

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Disclosure : I'm a big Mayo fan ( who isn't ? ) 
       I've always noticed that his MO is about being solid - not spectacular . Not a knock on him , just calling it as I see it . He will make the plays he's suppose to but he's not typically going to make the WOW play that fires up the D and turns momentum around. He's just not really an explosive play maker on D and the Pats have really never asked him to get after the Qb  - so his chances in that regard have always been limited. It's also well known that Mayo has never picked off a pass in his career so you can't expect  him to change a game with an INT ...and honestly so be it - he's not payed to be McCourty ( or should I say Arrington ? ).
     I guess my point is I appreciate what Mayo brings to the table ( reliability /work ethic / team first mentality ) but sometimes I wish we had more of a...should I say it ?...RAY LEWIS Type patrollin' the middle of the field ( but to be honest how many teams can actually claim to have one of those ? )

I LIKE SPIKES !!!

PS - A connected Pittsburgh fan I know told me when we drafted Spikes that the Steelers were not happy he slipped away from them ( They were hoping that he would fall due to his ungodly slow combine #'s ) and they were especially disgruntled that it was the Pats that drafted him .
      For the record :
    Spikes was picked 2nd round pick #62
     One slot after the Jets took O lineman Vladmir Ducasse ( bust ) and the one slot before the Colts took undersized Lb Pat Angerer (er.. bleh ).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Most fired-up guy on the defense yesterday.  He seemed to be everywhere - maybe he was...

Most fired-up guy on the offense yesterday was Tom Brady.  Watch his eyes while on the sideline - he was rip'd.

Sections
Shortcuts