S Quintin Mikell

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: S Quintin Mikell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would like to see Reed first, then Adrian Wilson, then Quintin Mikell.  All solid players, all a couple years older than I would like to see the Pats sign for this position but these 3 guys are solid.  I like the height of Wilson at 6'3" so I wouldn't mind if Wilson was picked up over Reed.  Big plus if they get any of the 3 guys I mentioned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Rams will release SS Quintin Mikell.

Mikell graded out as a top-five safety in Pro Football Focus' 2012 ratings, but he's going on age 33 and was owed $6 million. The Rams do not value aging safeties enough to pay them that kind of coin. They now have needs at both safety spots and figure to pursue free agents like Louis Delmas, Kenny Phillips, Pat Chung, and Chris Clemons. Mikell should not lack for suitors because he can still play. He racked up 101 tackles, three sacks, and four forced fumbles last season.

good stuff ricky :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'd take a chance on Delmas, maybe a prove-it type contract to see if he could stay healthy. He seems to have some Bob Sanders in him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

At the very least, this adds another S to the FA market, which means that the Pats may have a better chance to land a solid vet.  Same thing at CB.  Lots of names out there and only so many teams with cap room amd a chance to make a deep playoff run. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd take Mikell as a 1-2 year vet SS and see if Wilson develops. Sounds like a good move to me. A core of McCourty, Mikell, Gregory, and Wilson would be pretty decent next year. Get a #1 vet CB and draft a slot CB and I'd be pretty happy with the secondary

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

If we spend, I think Quin might be the best younger talent. I am wary of overpaying for Reed - great player, but ... As an aged Vet, I would take Woodson at about half the price. As older guys Wilson and Mikell are both interesting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Reed, Wilson and Glover round out my top 3 by price.

Wilson is way overated last couple seasons. Have season tix to Cards. This guy making a Pro Bowl is a joke. Can't cover can't run anymore. 3 years ago i would say yes not now.

Sections
Shortcuts