Sad news on Mike Wright

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Re: Sad news on Mike Wright

I did  a bit of diggin' and found a fairly useful PRO CAP HELMET article :

Gladiator Helmet Seeks to Eliminate Concussion Pain From Football Players - Bloomberg

I ALSO FOUND A REALLY COOL SIGHT DEVOTED TO ALL THINGS NFL FOOTBALL HELMET RELATED (Cool Historic stuff too ) :

PS - It was the Bills MARK KELSO who wore the unusual helmet .

Mark Keslo Buffalo Bills Helmet Wierd Pro Cap

Also Steve Wallace ( 49ers )

...On 2nd thought maybe the NFL was right in shunnin' em .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In Response to Re: Sad news on Mike Wright:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for sharing the really cool info & pix xxxcrn .  I had forgotten all about those helmets .  I believe Don Beebe use to wear one didnt he ?  Do you have any more details / links to the story of how the NFL phased them out ?   If its true they banned them for purely aesthetics ...thats a crime.  Interesting stuff.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

No link, just going by memory. The NFL wanted uniformity, so they banished them. Randy Dixon of the Colts also wore one.

Here's his cap solo, & Mark Kelso's attached to his helmet.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3500/3859338673_52e6a0e5eb_o.png

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Sucks...he should hang em up. Too dangerous playing on the dline with head injuries
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Time for him to leave the game, for his own sake.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I like the IR suggestion someone had above...

They are going to have to pay him anyway

( might as well allow him to still be part of the team , his leadership would be valuable and he's earned the right to stay )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

at least he's getting a big paycheck before hanging them up. hopefully he doesnt suffer from mood swings, depression, and unpredictable behavior the rest of his life like ted johnson, wayne crebet, and so many others. aikman retired at the right time, he seems to be fine

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Truly sorry to hear this.  I love guys like Wrightt, the over acheivers for whom you cheer the loudest.  As a fan of his I hope he can shake it off and come back but as a human being I think he should consider retirement and a new career. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Isnt this what I said on Monday.  Time for him to hang em up and get Gerard on the phone. Not worth the long term damage and its clear now its a re-occuring issue.

Thanks Mike!  Good luck down the road!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Is there a team that gets ravaged by injuries worse than this team every single year? We lose our starting center and better pass rusher in the first game.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Might want to check out the Giants....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Its really too bad. He has a ton of talent, & like some have said he fits riht into that perfect Pats mold...Go get Warren back ASAP!

Sections
Shortcuts