safety Bell cut by Dolphins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lloydchristmas. Show lloydchristmas's posts

safety Bell cut by Dolphins

espn posted this a while ago.  Dolphins cut him for salary reasons, 4.3 mil.  Had 107 takles last season and supposed good locker room guy. 
      Wonder if the pats have enough cap room left to look at this guy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: safety Bell cut by Dolphins

sounds like he would fit in nicely

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

nice! not sure how much cap space we have left though

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: safety Bell cut by Dolphins:
    [QUOTE]nice! not sure how much cap space we have left though
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Did they wait to release him after the Pats spent all the cap? 
    Anybody know how much is left?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots need every second tier backfielder that they can get.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Umm, we've spent like a total of $8 mill out of $20.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Sign em up.

He is a leader. Can hit and cover pretty well. He has the size to play in the box.

He is also the closest thing we can get to Landry without the injury history. I hope B.B. steps in quickly and makes a play on him. I have admired his play from afar. I remember him coming on a few years ago and really being a solid player.

He is older now, but compared to what we usually get, he has a lot left to help our team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If he fits BB's budget and BB thinks he can play a role on the team, he'll sign him.  If not, he won't.  Seems like he'd be a good fit if the price is right.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

O.J. Atogwe is a free Agnet Free Safety from the Red Skins system and is younger then Bell by 2 or 3 years. He is a pretty good Safety but has had some injury issues like Landry.
    If you were willing to kick the tires of Landry this guy seems like the better fit position wise in my opinion.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

considering he would probably be our starter at this time, sign him up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

O.J. is a solid option as well. He really established himself in St.Louis and thats how he got his deal in D.C. but has been a dissapointment since. He is a self made player who can offer some help. I dont like that he has been injured lately, but I would give him a look. If forced to choose, I take Bell all day though.

O.J. is more of a free safety and with Gregory here, he is a prototype FS for us. More durable and dependable.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Definitely worth looking at seeing what he wants.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: safety Bell cut by Dolphins:
    [QUOTE]O.J. Atogwe is a free Agnet Free Safety from the Red Skins system and is younger then Bell by 2 or 3 years. He is a pretty good Safety but has had some injury issues like Landry. If you were willing to kick the tires of Landry this guy seems like the better fit position wise in my opinion.
    Posted by DaBlade[/QUOTE]

I mentioned Atogwe when he got cut. Solid safety, doesn't really have injusr concerns, I think he's played all 16 in 5 of 7 seasons, with 12 and 13 the other 2. Signed a big deal last offseason, and looked like a lockout casualty on a team that had a laundry list of issues.

Landry's injury concers, bulk, and the way he plays are far bigger, more crimson red flags than anything on Atogwe's resume.

I don't hate the safety situation now, but one more body would be nice, I'd say there's less than a 50% chance Chung lasts the whole year unfortunately.

Sections
Shortcuts