Safety play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Safety play

Steve Gregory needs to be cut--he is horrid. We might as well play our rookies Harmon and Wilson and see what they have especially the next two games with the soft part of the schedule. I can't imagine the Rookies playing any worse than Gregory!!! And I'm getting the feeling McCourtney is'nt going to live up to his billing--did anyone else notice how he was dropped as a Caption this year--sign of things to come?  He needs to step up his game it's called Safety for a reason to give back help to the cornerbacks and these Safeties are on most plays LATE to help out--crap they FACE the QB!!!! I'm starting to believe we will never be able to draft DBs. If Talib goes down this defensive backfield is toast!! On a positive note Arrington is a good slot cover guy-but if pressed to play CB the Pats are in trouble--we NEED Talib healthy all year-period!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Safety play

Yeah Gregory is pretty much a waste out there - he physically can't get the job done and it's not like he has the instincts of a guy like Willie Clay (another guy who physically wasn't much, but at least had a nose for the ball)...Gregory has neither. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

The weakness of the D is gregory. Just not a very physical player for a SS and not very good in any coverage zone or man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I have been told before that when a person is too close to a situation for a length of time his judgement gets distorted--this is the only explanation for the Pats coaching staff to not be able to see the ineptitude of Gregory--he was let go by the fr-ckin Jets for Gods sake!!! Play the rookies you drafted Bill and let's see what they have?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

I have been told before that when a person is too close to a situation for a length of time his judgement gets distorted--this is the only explanation for the Pats coaching staff to not be able to see the ineptitude of Gregory--he was let go by the fr-ckin Jets for Gods sake!!! Play the rookies you drafted Bill and let's see what they have?

Gregory cam from Saint Deigo...not the Jets. You're thinking of Leonard, racist. Do all white people look alike to you?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

Gregory cam from Saint Deigo...not the Jets. You're thinking of Leonard, racist. Do all white people look alike to you?

[/QUOTE]

I'm kidding, BTW.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Would you care to provide some empirical evidence that demonstrates these claims to be true? Gregory looked fine to me today; not the most athletically gifted player out there, but he won't get caught out of position. Solid starter, nothing special. No qualms with his play.

I thought McCourty was fine... had a few nice hits in the running game, and with the exception of the TD to Johnson, nothing got by him deep. 

Lastly, and perhaps this is nitpicky, but it's difficult to seriously value your opinion of a player when you aren't familiar with him enough to know how to spell his name (McCourty, not McCourtney), and/or don't take the 4 seconds it would require to google the player, and learn how to properly spell his name.

Let's go Pats!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I thought he had a good game, he's not an ideal SS, but he's not the worst we could have. 

New England deserves a better class Slot Reciever, so I'm going to give it to them. I am the Patriots very own Amendment.

- TheMANdola

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Actually I am white from Boston with an Italian father and an Irish mother sorry for the mistake -I'll try harder next time for you!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Would you care to provide some empirical evidence that demonstrates these claims to be true? Gregory looked fine to me today; not the most athletically gifted player out there, but he won't get caught out of position. Solid starter, nothing special. No qualms with his play.

I thought McCourty was fine... had a few nice hits in the running game, and with the exception of the TD to Johnson, nothing got by him deep. 

Lastly, and perhaps this is nitpicky, but it's difficult to seriously value your opinion of a player when you aren't familiar with him enough to know how to spell his name (McCourty, not McCourtney), and/or don't take the 4 seconds it would require to google the player, and learn how to properly spell his name.

Let's go Pats!

How about the TD to the right corner where Talib was left hung out to dry because Mr. Gregory did'nt give the safety help with the pass being caught bt I believe their best receiver Johnson?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I thought Gregory was okay today.  I'll have to watch the film later this week, but watching on TV, I saw a few nice plays from him.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I thought he had a good game, he's not an ideal SS, but he's not the worst we could have. 

New England deserves a better class Slot Reciever, so I'm going to give it to them. I am the Patriots very own Amendment.

- TheMANdola

Nothing personal dude but you might need to go see an eye doctor--The guy is Horrid IN COVERAGE-remember being around the ball seemingly always LATE does not constitute good SAFETY play--ever played the game BTW?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

Let's go Pats!

How about the TD to the right corner where Talib was left hung out to dry because Mr. Gregory did'nt give the safety help with the pass being caught bt I believe their best receiver Johnson?

[/QUOTE]

The pass was caught by Robert Woods, the rookie from USC, not Stevie Johnson.

Furthmore, you have no idea whether that was on Gregory or Talib. It appeared the defense was communicating their coverage prior to the snap, and signals may have been crossed. To assume that was on Gregory is misguided. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Let's go Pats!

Talib TD was on him, the Pats were in cover 2. Gregory was late to get over and help, you can tell bloathe fact that McCourty came over to help Arrington, but Gregory is late to read. As for the Johnson TD, it was on McCourty. He lined up too close to the line, perhaps expecting a run, Arrington had to let Johnson run pass him to take away the underneath lane and by the time McCourty read the deep route, it was too late to recover. 

Good play by Manuel and Johnson. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

- TheMANdola

Nothing personal dude but you might need to go see an eye doctor--The guy is Horrid IN COVERAGE-remember being around the ball seemingly always LATE does not constitute good SAFETY play--ever played the game BTW?

Do you recall the big hit he placed on their TE, Chandler, after he caught a pass down the middle? Do you remember when he broke on a drag route and broke up the pass? Didn't think so.

Selective memory. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I thought Gregory was okay today.  I'll have to watch the film later this week, but watching on TV, I saw a few nice plays from him.  

No problem Pro--- but when NO and Denver and Atlanta play us you might not want to watch the film on Gregory--it will be like watching the 100 meter dash over and over to watch all the guys BEHIND Usain Bolt from Jamaica getting beat!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

Let's go Pats!

Talib TD was on him, the Pats were in cover 2. Gregory was late to get over and help, you can tell bloathe fact that McCourty came over to help Arrington, but Gregory is late to read. As for the Johnson TD, it was on McCourty. He lined up too close to the line, perhaps expecting a run, Arrington had to let Johnson run pass him to take away the underneath lane and by the time McCourty read the deep route, it was too late to recover. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not convinced they were playing cover-2. Talib's actions would lead one to believe that, but I saw Hightower turning and running with Chandler, their TE, which would lead to me to believe they were in man-coverage. I could be mistaken.... no one knows but the defensive players in that locker room, but cover-2 wasn't quite as obvious to me. 

Not saying you're incorrect, just offering my input.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sorry 49patriots-didn't see the I'm kidding post part--thought you were serious-- my bad!

[/QUOTE]

Actually I am white from Boston with an Italian father and an Irish mother sorry for the mistake -I'll try harder next time for you!!!

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That made me laugh. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

Furthmore, you have no idea whether that was on Gregory or Talib. It appeared the defense was communicating their coverage prior to the snap, and signals may have been crossed. To assume that was on Gregory is misguided. 

[/QUOTE]

That would be a fine argument if it was a once in a while thing but you have two flaws in your point-- the first one being Gregory seems to be always  late in behind the CB coverage for other teams TDs and secondly he is called a Safety for a reason and he just may have blown the over the top coverage by being LATE as we as fans have seen enough of all last year!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

I'm not convinced they were playing cover-2. Talib's actions would lead one to believe that, but I saw Hightower turning and running with Chandler, their TE, which would lead to me to believe they were in man-coverage. I could be mistaken.... no one knows but the defensive players in that locker room, but cover-2 wasn't quite as obvious to me. 

Not saying you're incorrect, just offering my input.

[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I saw two deep safeties on that play and, like you said, it wasn't a zone. So, a cover-2 seems like the call to me.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

talib certainly thought it was cover 2

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

- TheMANdola

Do you recall the big hit he placed on their TE, Chandler, after he caught a pass down the middle? Do you remember when he broke on a drag route and broke up the pass? Didn't think so.

Selective memory. 

So he makes a hit on Chandler AFTER he catches the ball and breaks up one pass in a full game--I'm impressed let's sign him to a 5 year 60 million contract--really this is your argument--some time Homers on this board just refuse to be Objective or maybe can't be - I don't know--the guy stinks -period GO TO THE EYE Doctor-it will open up a whole new world for  you. I having nothing personal against you just totally disagree with your take on this player!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let's go Pats!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That would be a fine argument if it was a once in a while thing but you have two flaws in your point-- the first one being Gregory seems to be always  late in behind the CB coverage for other teams TDs and secondly he is called a Safety for a reason and he just may have blown the over the top coverage by being LATE as we as fans have seen enough of all last year!

[/QUOTE]

Those aren't flaws in my argument, simply ambiguity. I have no idea what the coverage was, and you have zero idea as well.

Gregory may have been in the wrong, but it may have been Talib as well. Neither of us have the slightest clue.

I'm leaving options open, and not make any assumptions. That isn't a flaw in my argument (which isn't really an argument, to be honest). You're making the judgment that Gregory is in the wrong, without any knowledge of the coverage. That is a flaw in your argument. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

I wouldn't mind giving Harmon or Ebner a shot at SS. I rather have TWil backing up the FS spot tho. Not sold on him at SS. It doesn't seem to fit his skill set.

Sections
Shortcuts