Safety play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Safety play

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I thought he had a good game, he's not an ideal SS, but he's not the worst we could have. 

New England deserves a better class Slot Reciever, so I'm going to give it to them. I am the Patriots very own Amendment.

- TheMANdola

Nothing personal dude but you might need to go see an eye doctor--The guy is Horrid IN COVERAGE-remember being around the ball seemingly always LATE does not constitute good SAFETY play--ever played the game BTW?

Do you recall the big hit he placed on their TE, Chandler, after he caught a pass down the middle? Do you remember when he broke on a drag route and broke up the pass? Didn't think so.

Selective memory. 

So he makes a hit on Chandler AFTER he catches the ball and breaks up one pass in a full game--I'm impressed let's sign him to a 5 year 60 million contract--really this is your argument--some time Homers on this board just refuse to be Objective or maybe can't be - I don't know--the guy stinks -period GO TO THE EYE Doctor-it will open up a whole new world for  you. I having nothing personal against you just totally disagree with your take on this player!

[/QUOTE]

Right, but you haven't presented any factual or meaningful information to support your claim. Just a bunch of noise... yelling louder or being more hysterical than the other guy doesn't make you right. 

I have already stated that Gregory is physically unimpressive, but he has a good head on his shoulders and isn't a major liability. Do I wish we had a better safety next to McCourty? Sure. But I'm not going to complain too much about Gregory.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

I wouldn't mind giving Harmon or Ebner a shot at SS. I rather have TWil backing up the FS spot tho. Not sold on him at SS. It doesn't seem to fit his skill set.

Agreed. Wouldn't mind seeing Harmon out there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I wouldn't mind giving Harmon or Ebner a shot at SS. I rather have TWil backing up the FS spot tho. Not sold on him at SS. It doesn't seem to fit his skill set.

Back to back first week knockouts. =D 

also, Ebner isn't a safety yet. He can't read to save his life.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

There were almost 600 pass completions in todays games. Compare those teams safety play and then get back to us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I agree with Drieghver - I think Harmon could be the answer if given game experience-He can't do any worse than Almost always late in pass coverage Gregory. Harmon was around the ball alot in the pre-season games-let's give the kid a shot- Obviously there will be a learning curve but we are playing for the SB not the best record in football--also whats interesting is that I believe the Pats SBs were won without the Bye? At least two of them maybe all three--the bye is overrated.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sam0377. Show sam0377's posts

I don't understand they didn't even give a snap to Collins + no blitzes on a Rokie qb. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Lets see, the Bills had  only had 150 yds passing, And the  TD was a misplay,  the PFW guys said it was Talibs fault and  Talib looked to Gregory to say it was his fault. The Pats 3rd down % was excellent. The D only allowed 14 pts and stopped the Bills the last 4 possessions, They kept spiller in check. the biggest run was by the  running Qb was when the Pats were in m2m. and you want to pin everything bad on Gregory?

you guys on safeties are all most as bad as rusty is on TB 

TB got hit a lot, but when it counted the O made all the plays and Gost and holder were perfect. this ended up being complementary winning football. this team is no where near where it will be. this's is a passing league . if the pats hold every team to 150 yes they would put pup record D numbers.

The entire team has to get better. they will like they do every year. 

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

I have been told before that when a person is too close to a situation for a length of time his judgement gets distorted--this is the only explanation for the Pats coaching staff to not be able to see the ineptitude of Gregory--he was let go by the fr-ckin Jets for Gods sake!!! Play the rookies you drafted Bill and let's see what they have?

Gregory cam from Saint Deigo...not the Jets. You're thinking of Leonard, racist. Do all white people look alike to you?

[/QUOTE]

LOL

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

[QUOTE]

Back to back first week knockouts. =D 

also, Ebner isn't a safety yet. He can't read to save his life.

[/QUOTE]

LOL dude idk if I'll play next year. It seems like I always pick the team that loses the first week! And we haven't seen Ebner really play this year yet. It wouldn't hurt to try.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

The Int wasn't his faukt

The fumble looked like it was

he was getting beaten  up waiting for our rcvrs to get open

He had a lower  comp %

He was trying to make a lot of difficult throws. And Amndla, vereen , Endlme were the mvps of the game

The Pats won

in baseball when a batter gets a winning hit in the bottom of the nite, no one cares about what happened earlier. It's called Clutch. And Brady does it often. Like i he has done in the 4th qtr of 5 SBs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Dreighver- all of your posts in this thread are why I am glad you decided to stay! Hammering trolls with facts to silence thme is awesome. Great job here!

Dreighver 1  Trolls 0

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

There were almost 600 pass completions in todays games. Compare those teams safety play and then get back to us.

Okay, I went and watched all the games and here is what I found...

All the other teams had better safety work because they didn't have Gregory.  And the scary thing is Gregory is better then Adrian Wilson.  Could you imagine if he was the one playing today?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have been told before that when a person is too close to a situation for a length of time his judgement gets distorted--this is the only explanation for the Pats coaching staff to not be able to see the ineptitude of Gregory--he was let go by the fr-ckin Jets for Gods sake!!! Play the rookies you drafted Bill and let's see what they have?

Gregory cam from Saint Deigo...not the Jets. You're thinking of Leonard, racist. Do all white people look alike to you?

[/QUOTE]

LOL

[/QUOTE]

Maybe the funnier thing would be not so much being wrong about the players last team but the poster spelling the San Diego Chargers the Saint Deigo Chargers!!!!! Now that's funny!! I before"E"  except after "C". And the Saint thing -I don't know? Let's call the San Andreas fault line the Saint Andreas fault line?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Harmon I wouldn't mind giving a shot to early since we are basically playing either rook QB or QB's who have trouble throwing but there is no way I want to see T. Wilson out there. The few times I saw him this preseason he still has trouble reading plays and learning from mistakes. Gregory is better than T. Wilson.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

NFL Retweet @NFLRT

The 8,143 net passing yards & 63 TD passes by teams in Week 1 were the most in NFL history.

The grass isn't always greener.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

amen finally someone spoke up bout this horrid play in the back of our D. gregory looks like a high school player out there compared to other safeties size. he just doesnt have the tools to  play. the sad thing is Tavon looks like he's falling off and isnt gonna be the answer and i assume the same w Harmon. We need to make a move and quick or we will make EJ Manuels and Geno Smiths look like all stars every week.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

amen finally someone spoke up bout this horrid play in the back of our D. gregory looks like a high school player out there compared to other safeties size. he just doesnt have the tools to  play. the sad thing is Tavon looks like he's falling off and isnt gonna be the answer and i assume the same w Harmon. We need to make a move and quick or we will make EJ Manuels and Geno Smiths look like all stars every week.

Go away, troll.

[/QUOTE]

im good

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I cut Gregory from my 53...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

There were at least 16 teams with worse safety playmate, probably more

Go look to the 16 losing teams plus SF, Dallas, Houston, I don't have time to list them all

The D will and will have to continue to get better, especially with The O a little bangled up

I see more running against the jets

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Gregorys another UDFA... from NY of all places. Grew up a jets fan.  if he didn't suck which he does , that alone would be enough.

Undersized white midget not dissimilar to the white midget offense of Welker, woodhead which was discarded.

Tavon and even ebner are a better option.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I'm pretty sure some of that post is politically incorrect.