Saftey First

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Saftey First

If the Patriots decide to use their first-round pick in April's draft on a safety a name to keep in mind is Louis Delmas from Western Michigan.

A four-year starter, Delmas played corner for Western Michigan as a true freshman then switched to safety where he showed the versatility to play both free and strong safety and cover the slot in nickel situations.

The Patriots could have a need at safety with Rodney Harrison eyeing retirement and James Sanders a free agent.

Delmas, who measured in at 5-11 1/4, 202 pounds, said today that he spoke with Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees on Saturday.

"I talked to the D-coordinator for a good 15 minutes," Delmas said. "We got along well. He let me know out front that I'd be able to fit into the defense, but he told me that it's going to require a lot of film work, a lot of time in the playbook. I'm willing to do that. That's the type of person I am. I love to watch film. I can find the little things about the opposing teams. I'd think I'd be able to fit into there."

Delmas certainly sounded like a Patriot when asked whether he was a free safety or a strong safety at the next level.

"At the school I was at I was always playing free and strong," said Delmas. "There were positions where I had to drop down into the box and play linebacker and play deep middle as a man free. Going into the league, I see myself as just a safety. I can play strong or free. I can play nickel [corner]. You got to be able to play multiple positions in the league."

This kid sounds like the real deal, like a perfect fit. And with him and Merriwhether we would have one of teh ebst set of safteys in teh nfl for years to come. This kid just seems like a great fit. what say you!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Saftey First

He sounds great. The problem though is sounding great doesn’t necessarily correlate to being great or even being decent. As you’re well aware the Draft is one big Crap Shoot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Saftey First

Taz,

Not only did you fail to spell saftey correctly in your title, you clearly plagiarized someone else's article. Way to go!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Saftey First

Thanks Harley.

Mighty way to be a d*ck, if I was at spelling.com i would be worried but im not and this is not a spelling B its a football forum so if i missspell a word here and there i dont give a sh*t. As for taking someone elses article well i didnt claim it was mine and since i dont have accsess to interview players i thought you would assume it was not my story you d*ck. People post links all the time i just skipped that part and posted a story so i could see what you guys thought i never said it was all me or anything like that.

You used to join me in making fun of trolls when they would bring up spelling and now you are doing the exact same thing as the trolls to one of the norms? Well sir i might be a a$$hoel who swears too much and cant spell worth a damn but at least I know what I am. You Sir are a troll and you dont even know it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Saftey First

Kids, if we're going to starting grammtatically deconcstructing every post this is going to lose its allure in mercurial fashion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Saftey First

Delmas seems like a very good player and I would have no problem with him in New England. I would be a little worried, however, that both Delmas and Meriweather are free safety types that might not be the most physical in the box safeties. I think Belichick seems to think the time of those players being a necessity are gone, judging by his comments at the combine, but I'd still be a little worried.

That being said, I think Meriweather has the tools to be a very good player in the box as well as in coverage. If he can pack on a few pounds of muscle this offseason, his aggressive approach will lead to fewer missed tackles.

I like Delmas, but all things being equal, would rather have Chung here as Meriweather's complement.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Saftey First

I would like to see Chung in a Pats uni too i am just putting it out there this is a guy we might have an eye on. He plays both SS and FS and he played CB as a Freshmen. He was a 4 year starter and is a smart kid. He wont be there when we pick in round two as he is one of the top SS/FS in the draft and is ranked higher then Chung on some draft boards.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Saftey First

[Quote]Kids, if we're going to starting grammtatically deconcstructing every post this is going to lose its allure in mercurial fashion.[/Quote]

grammtatically? deconcstucting? Mercury is calling....LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Saftey First

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u9r9rQxexM

here you go mvp.there was an oops at the end,but other then that he looks pretty good going to the ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Saftey First

I have been saying it all along. Safety is coming. It comes down to filling a need with one true safety on the roster.

I would also put Rashad Johnson in the mix. He is really smart and played at bama.

I put Chung over Delmas myself. But Delmas has the benefit of playing corner. And he has returned kicks.

He is in some ways alot like Meriweather in that he can fit in a few different places.

As to where these safeties go, a lot of that will be decided on the combine. The RB class is starting to peter out now, while people were high on it earlier. And several OTs slipped after workouts failed to help them either. At least a couple WR really cr@pped the bed.

So there is room for some prospects to creep up and fill the void with good combines. Personally I like this safety draft, and look for strong combines from all three of my guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Saftey First

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXUuoHGyWyk

here he is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

Saftey First

good stuff moss, this is a good draft class. the patriots are well positioned with all of the picks they have stockpiled. If they make the cassel trade for more high picks even better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Saftey First

I'd rather go pass rusher first, but definately draft a safety this year. Hopefully 2nd round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BXBoston. Show BXBoston's posts

Saftey First

Naw the Pats need to look at the kid from Utah Sean Smith 6'3 214 and played CORNERBACK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9M2w9m320k

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Saftey First

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Saftey First

B, Tas and all

How the mighty has fallen. He was at one time with us in our pursuit of all things Patriot. But, we have seen him slowly become something we all despise-a troll,a turncoat troll at that. He attacks fans of the team he claims to be one of, while letting other trolls spew their crap without any response. So I suggest we treat mighty with the plan he purposed against the trolls-ignore all of his posts.

Dealing with backstabbers, there was one thing I learned. They're only powerful when you got your back turned.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Saftey First

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=520698

there is also this route.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Saftey First

[Quote]Thanks Harley.

Mighty way to be a d*ck, if I was at spelling.com i would be worried but im not and this is not a spelling B its a football forum so if i missspell a word here and there i dont give a sh*t. As for taking someone elses article well i didnt claim it was mine and since i dont have accsess to interview players i thought you would assume it was not my story you d*ck. People post links all the time i just skipped that part and posted a story so i could see what you guys thought i never said it was all me or anything like that.

You used to join me in making fun of trolls when they would bring up spelling and now you are doing the exact same thing as the trolls to one of the norms? Well sir i might be a a$$hoel who swears too much and cant spell worth a damn but at least I know what I am. You Sir are a troll and you dont even know it.[/Quote]

You've insulted people left and right since the day you got here. It's funny how upset you get when someone insults you. Now why don't you write a paragraph about how you're not really upset.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Saftey First

Mighty,

I know exactly what I am and I own up to it, yes i swear at people and insult people on a normal basis but normally the people im insulting are trolls and not fellow fans. And how many times have I taken something i said back and addmitted I was wrong when I insulted a fellow fan and found out i was wrong? I do that all the time. Sometimes i jump the gun and call someone a moron for making a suggestion useally its because i am tired of teh same thread being post over and over like "what is Matt Cassels worth" but if i do call a fellow fan a moron and he comes back with something like I was just saying blah blah blah in a nice way I am the first person to say sorry for jumping the gun. So its not like i sit here and bash everyone who posts. I treat trolls like trolls and sometimes i say something i shouldnt to a fellow fan but i am always teh first to say sorry if i am wrong about it. What I dont do is act like a lame piece of sh*t like you and comment on how someone spelled a word wrong.

And I dont know about you but I dont get "upset" about sh*t that is said on an online football forum so get off your high horse. What do you think i went home and cried my eyes out cause you pointed out how i cant spell? please like me or anyone else around here cares what you have to say. Do you think you are teh first person to say "hey Tas you spelt this word wrong" seriously you think I was upset? why cause i called you a d*ck? news flash you were being a d*ck and half the norms on this board agree so please get off your high horse and realize nothing you could ever say to me or anyone else will "upset" us your just not that importent. Just incase you dont quite get it yet i called you a d*ck cause you are a d*ck and thats it plain and simple.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Saftey First

LOL, Taz you are too funny. Now write me a five paragraph essay on how to throw a curve ball, chop chop.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Saftey First

I dont need to because with every post you make you prove how much of a d*ck you are which just proves me right so keep on being a d*ck....d*ck

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Saftey First

Chung had a great performance this morning at the combine. 25 reps on the bench, then ran a 4.47. Pretty good stuff from a strong safety.

Delmas also ran pretty well (4.5) and Mayock thinks he's the most aggressive safety he's seen in 4-5 years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Saftey First

He really said that? That he is the most aggressive safety he has seen in years? Do you mean Chung or Delmas? If you mean Delmas that is just one more reason to take this kid. I like Chung but Delmas is my guy and i hope we take this kid.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Saftey First

He was talking about Delmas. The problem I see is that Delmas isn't big and that aggressiveness may not translate as well. Chung showed that he is both fast and strong. I still would have no problem with either pick. In fact, I'd be giddy with either.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Saftey First

Look nothing against this Delmas guy but he is not even a strong safety. He might be a free safety, but than we already have one of the better young free safety prospects in Merriweather.

We need a real in the box, 6 foot +, 220 pound, 4.5 forty, Rodney Harrison, Ronnie Lott type strong saftey; not another free safety... This Delmas guy will be hanging around in the second or third round if we really need him anyhow?

We can't cover tight ends with Rodney Harrison hurt, has anyone else here besides myself noticed that? BB will take the best player available, if the strong safety we're looking for isn't in this draft he'll probably take a corner...