Saftey First

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Saftey First

Mayock has Delmas listed as the top safety, Chung at 3 (is anyone else leery about a guy named Chung?). Though Delmas is listed at 202 he has the frame to bulk up some. And like Taz pointed out he is versatile, and BB loves that. Let's face it, if Rodney comes back it's likely his last hurrah. Hopefully he can stay healthy. Grooming this kid to pair with Merriweather would be a great move. Guys like Palomalu and Ed Reed can change games. Should they pick this kid at 23 I'd be quite happy. Sure, Jenkins may fall, but who wants a CB who can't keep up with the WR? We already have one of those, just re-sign O'Neill! Their biggest need on defense (IMO) is a LB like Willie Mac used to be. But I don't see that in this draft, not where they're picking. I did love that clip of the kid from Utah, though. That was an Ed Reed catch if there ever was one!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Saftey First

Delmas will not be there in the 3rd round! are you f*cking nuts! He is the top rated Safety in the draft so maaaaaybe he might be a 2nd round pick but he deffently wont slip to the 3rd round thats just nonesense. I like Chung and Chung will slip into round 2 but the thing is you said Delmas is not big enough to play SS in the NFL but he has played more SS then FS and he played CB and on top of that Chung and Delmas are both 5'11" of course Chung is stronger but unless these guys are going to be bench pressing on the 50 yard line that really doesnt mean too much. I would be happy with both picks btu gicve Delmas some credit he is NOT a 3rd round pick.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Saftey First

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Delmas and Chung go in the first. Maybe early in the second. No way either of these guys are there when NE picks in the second. Unless something comes up about one of them between now and the draft!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Saftey First

With the lack of talent at CB in round 1 you are right both of these safetys might very well go in round 1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Saftey First

I love how you guys hang on every word these draft "gurus" say, than when BILL B picks a guy like Logan Mankins with his first pick, you guys all collectively go "who?" Years later Mankins is an all pro and the guys you all wanted to draft are serving it your way at BK.

I remember a bunch of jacka$$e$ last year calling for Bill to take Vernon Gholston at defensive end/linebacker... remember because he was rated so high? Now he can't even crack the Jets pathetic starting defensive roster...

I'm talking strong safety; William Moore is 6'1" 230 pounds for example. We don't need another free safety which Delmas obviously is. Take a look at the last three drafts in the first round and tell me how many safties were taken... I'll answer for you; not many.

Rodney Harrison was taken in the 5th round out of Western Illinois college... my strong safety doesn't need to be highly ranked, he just needs to be a good football player. Word of Advice for the rest of you, get your heads out of Mel Kiper's a$$...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Saftey First

Wozzy no one even mention Mel kiper or any other "guru" so why dont you go screw. Talking down to people like you are somebody seriously get off your high horse. Delmas is a good prospect who can play all the DB spots so it is not out of this world for us to have this conversation about whether we should draft him or not. No one said anything about "we should take this guy cause Mel Kiper said so" no one said that.

Question, this kid William Moore is he the safety from USC?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Saftey First

Try William Moore from Missouri... strong safety.
    Chip Vaugn from Wake forest... strong safety.
    Chris Clemons from Clemson... SS.
    Sean Smith, Utah... SS.
    David Bruton, Notre Dame... SS.
    Nic Harris, Oklahoma... SS or even linebacker?

There are a lot of guys with the height, weight and forty times that I could throw up here that qualify as true strong safeties.

Sorry if you think I'm talking down to you but when you say a guy is "the top rated Safety in the draft," than by whom is what I ask? If he can play all the defensive backfield positions than he would already be playing corner, otherwise he is a free safety since he isn't big enough to play strong safety.

I don't claim to be able to predict who will be a successful pro, but than I didn't take the time to start a thread about Delmas who in my opinion plays a redundant position for the Pats...

Try not getting so sensitive, I wasn't necessarily aiming my comments at you, rather anyone who validates rankings that can't possibly measure the heart of a football player. I do know that a tiny guy can't hope to guard a large tightend in coverage, that's just physics...