Said I would do it here it is, Toby Gerhart as a Patriot club

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Said I would do it here it is, Toby Gerhart as a Patriot club

Have made a couple of posts but here it is,

Tom questioned the toughness of this team and said it is one of the things they HAVE to improve in 2010.  For those who have not seen Toby Gerhart he's a BIG north/south runner who can catch/change direction and loves to play football.  There were a lot of interviews with him and his coaches and all say this kid is special and studies the game to improve his play. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOCKIwYzkV0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from italianpastamasta1. Show italianpastamasta1's posts

Re: Said I would do it here it is, Toby Gerhart as a Patriot club

I'm absolutely a fan of Gerhart.  The Pats need to draft a difference-maker at RB, whether it's Gerhart, Best or Dwyer (Maybe two of them).  I would prefer Best because he is the type of explosive play maker that could really give this offense that added dimension -- another player for defenses to game-plan against.  A bruiser to go along with him would just be gravy.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

South that's Toby.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Guys I would love to see any of these stud RB's come to New England, but they will not be unsuccessful here until the oline is fixed. In the SB and this last playoff game plus most of games in between the oline play has been terrible. They can not run block at all, and they barely can pass block which they didn't do very well against the Ravens. Light, Koppen, Neal, Kaczur all need to go or be retained as backups. Vollmer is a pro-bowler in waiting and Mankins is the best interior line we have. I've been on here for years calling for better olinemen, first and second round guys...it all starts with the big fellas lets go scout and draft the "BEST" not the ones that are VALUE for the pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I think you are 100% correct harley, our line is soft and does not get any push on the run game and what they are supposed to better at pass protection is not the case anymore.
    they are not good, Light's better days are behind him.  We have two pieces of the puzzle but who can take over:
    LT Vollmer
    LG Mankins?
    C Koppen? he needs to be replaced IMO
    RG need
    RT need

Still we need to bring a back that can carry the load and teams will need to account for with not just their DL.  I have read this draft is deep in OL, tackles in early rounds and guards after 2nd round hope we can get a few good ones.
    At Center there's one guy I would love the Pats to get, he can pass and run block well lots of upside, J.D. Walton from Baylor.  He's not projected until the 3rd (I know we don't have one), he would help the line as a rookie. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

Harley

You make a lot of common sense here and very good point on O line.

I notice Pats' offensive line is ok sometimes when we pass but woeful when we run. If we know that don't you think Ray Lewis and company know too.

Are our guys big enough? You seem to always see other running backs follow some monster through who opens up holes for them. Who does that for us?
    Our rb's get caught behind the line of scrimmage or dance behind it.

Does that come back to drafting the players who can do both skill set for pass and run or does BB only want to be a passing offence. The coach has to identify what team he wants it to be ........should be a mixture.

Saw a photo of the offensive line together before game. Their beards are the only thing that would scare my grandma. Vollmer excepted here. He is the only monster.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sydpat. Show sydpat's posts

PS  Meaning doesn't matter what running back you get if you are going backwards at the line and not opening holes.

William (refrigerator) Perry wouldn't get through.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I agree totally about Gerhart, and have brought it up as well.  This guy is big and powerful and is exactly what the pats need.  He will perfectly fill the need for a power back on 3rd and short and near the goal line.  Plus, he is the type of runner who will kill time in the 4th quarter.  With a Stanford education he should have the brains to go with it.  Runner-up for the Heisman, he has to be snared by NE in Rd 2.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

While he obviously had an outstanding year last year, I'd want to know more about his knee injury he suffered in either 07 or 08 (can't remember which year). I believe it put him out of the season. That said, I'm not sure I would throw the 22nd pick at him. He's projected to go in numerous mock draftsd as late as the third round.

Taking him in the 2nd round might be a better option, but we'll obviously know more the closer we get to the draft.

The kid has talent.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Dwyer is Gerhardt but better. He has a quicker first step, can turn the corner better, and is better handling short passes.

Gerhardt is a better blocker, and would only take a high third or thereabouts to safely secure. 

Sections
Shortcuts