Said it on many threads: It's all about QB & Coach

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Said it on many threads: It's all about QB & Coach

I forget what threads and to who but we were talking about the bungals and i said come playoffs its all about QB and Coach. and Dalton isnt good. he will always make the nig mistake. and Lewis, lol, he will always be a dud. should be fired. so much talent but the QB/Coach suck therefore they wont win a playoff game.

whatever bring on Luck and the Colts!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Said it on many threads: It's all about QB & Coach

no one agrees?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

no one agrees?

Obviously QB and coach are very important,  but this is a team sport in the truest sense of the word. O line, d line, lbers, d backs, running backs, receivers, ST's. Its about teambuilding, depth, coaching, scheme, execution. Way more then just 2 people inthe NFL. Look at the Pack, great qb, and coach,  but lost to a better team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

no one agrees?

Obviously QB and coach are very important,  but this is a team sport in the truest sense of the word. O line, d line, lbers, d backs, running backs, receivers, ST's. Its about teambuilding, depth, coaching, scheme, execution. Way more then just 2 people inthe NFL. Look at the Pack, great qb, and coach,  but lost to a better team.

I disagree with you a lot but nothing truer ever spoken than what you just wrote. If it was the QB and the Coach the Pats would have 10 rings by now. It's a team sport and you win as a team and you lose as a team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

no one agrees?

well yes that is very true. but you get my overall point. if your coach and qb arent 'winners' and are 'chokers' no matter how good the team around you is, winning in the playoffs get very hard

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

no one agrees?

well yes that is very true. but you get my overall point. if your coach and qb arent 'winners' and are 'chokers' no matter how good the team around you is, winning in the playoffs get very hard

I have to disagree ... regardless of QB and Coach ... it's always about trench play in the end. Whoever has the better offensive and defensive line through a stretch of games tends to win. 

After that,  QB is the next most important.

Coaches, vary. No coach, no matter how good, can win without talent. I forget the coach who said this, but the quote, "There are no great coaches, only good ones and bad ones, and a great coach is a good coach with talent," rings true to me. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

alright very one makes good points here, i am wrong but i was mainly just pointing out how Cincy pretty much lost cuz Dalton sucks and Lewis is not a good coach...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

no one agrees?

I agree with you 100% -- its a QB driven league, unless a team has a 1985 Bears Defense--and we all know how imoportant a coach is  - just ask the Chargers fans about Marty Schoppenheimer amongst other horrible coaches with talented teams?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I forget what threads and to who but we were talking about the bungals and i said come playoffs its all about QB and Coach. and Dalton isnt good. he will always make the nig mistake. and Lewis, lol, he will always be a dud. should be fired. so much talent but the QB/Coach suck therefore they wont win a playoff game.

Unfortunately, according to one poster in partcicular, there is only one player on the Pats and he is the cause of all their losses.  Whether the D plays good or bad, the O plays good or bad, it all comes down to one player....  but, the coach, saintly!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Unfortunately, according to one poster in partcicular, there is only one player on the Pats and he is the cause of all their losses.  Whether the D plays good or bad, the O plays good or bad, it all comes down to one player....  but, the coach, saintly!

Wel, just to deflect from rusty a bit( not that he deserves it) there are 3 or 4 posters on this board who think we only win because of Brady and BB, they are responsible for all of our success, but the rest of the team is responsible for all our losses......pretty twisted thought process for both parties if you ask me.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

alright very one makes good points here, i am wrong but i was mainly just pointing out how Cincy pretty much lost cuz Dalton sucks and Lewis is not a good coach...

you have a point there. first of all i agree that you win and lose as a team.  with that said i couldnt imagine the bengals losing like that if they had brady and belichick. very talented team good recievers and very good players on defense. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to the-redsox-rule's comment:

you have a point there. first of all i agree that you win and lose as a team.  with that said i couldnt imagine the bengals losing like that if they had brady and belichick. very talented team good recievers and very good players on defense. 

thats really what i was trying to get at with this thread!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Wel, just to deflect from rusty a bit( not that he deserves it) there are 3 or 4 posters on this board who think we only win because of Brady and BB, they are responsible for all of our success, but the rest of the team is responsible for all our losses......pretty twisted thought process for both parties if you ask me.

lol right. football is nothing like basketball where one player can turn a bad team into an elite one. in football it comes all the way down to that last roster spot. with the right roster everyone contributes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

team wins and team loses but today Dalton lost it for the Bengals. pretty simple there. but your post is 100% true

• You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

thats really what i was trying to get at with this thread!

i dont think they will ever win with those two. just my opinion but along with the right players you have to have the right leadership.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i dont think they will ever win with those two. just my opinion but along with the right players you have to have the right leadership.  

agree 1000% there. I've awlays thought this as well

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

team wins and team loses but today Dalton lost it for the Bengals. pretty simple there. but your post is 100% true

Yeah I agree joe. Dalton was terrible all day, as was the bengals going away for what worked for them all year, a 1-2 punch of benny and bernard, with timely shots down field to the guy who might be the best receiver in football by next year,  and marvin jones. Dalton and the coaching played desperate in the 2nd half. Benny was gashing the chargers early on and they went pass heavy later even though it was raining. In the end they had to as their D started to finally crack after dalton kept putting them, in bad field position.

How about we say, it takes a team to win a game, but 1 guy can lose it at any time!

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

How about we say, it takes a team to win a game, but 1 guy can lose it at any time!

perfect!!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I never thought Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were very good QB's, I think Dalton is better then both of them.  I think Jon Gruden was very over rated as a head coach and really didn't think Brian Billick was a really good coach either.  Both were probably a bit better then Marvin Lewis though, but not by a lot, imo.  Johnson and Gruden won a SB together and Billick won a SB with Dilfer. 

Sure having a great QB and a great coach are huge for a team to be successful but they need other pieces around them to win it all.  See Marino/Shula.

In response to TFB12's comment:

I never thought Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were very good QB's, I think Dalton is better then both of them.  I think Jon Gruden was very over rated as a head coach and really didn't think Brian Billick was a really good coach either.  Both were probably a bit better then Marvin Lewis though, but not by a lot, imo.  Johnson and Gruden won a SB together and Billick won a SB with Dilfer. 

Sure having a great QB and a great coach are huge for a team to be successful but they need other pieces around them to win it all.  See Marino/Shula.

good points. if the team around the QB/coach is good enough there are certain situations where a defense or RB can lead a team without the two bringing down the team, in the bengals case Dalton and Lewis arent good enough to carry their end. Defense for them is good but not enough to straight carry them to a SB

• This post has been removed.

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

I agree. Will Brady wake up in the title game this year? Dude, he's sucked for years in it.

No on can believe his drop off. Be careful.   He has a lot to prove.

i hope. dude, we should beat the colts if MCD runs it down their throat with Ridley and Blount and we play turnover free on offense. i dont see indy stopping us if we play a clean smart offensive game. defensively if McCourty can cover Fleener and Talib can ISland TY we are fine

• This post has been removed.

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Not concerned with the Divisional Rd.   If Brady craps himself in this one against that awful D, we got problems.

Face it:   If we beat Indy, we're either playing a crap D on the road or a team we should clearly beat at home (SD).

Been a long time coming.  Brady should be hungry. I cannot imagine a scenario where he wouldn't be.

Brady.

Brady.

All about Brady. Look at these QBs. This is insane.

defense too. hopefully tbe D just plays their azz off too and takes off only giving up like 14-17 a game. that would be nice

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I stopped trying to predict the results of Patriots games because of the influence the refs have had in a lot of their games this season. So until I see which cheating crew the Patriots have drawn, I can't say which way the ball will bounce come next Saturday evening.

• Sections
    Shortcuts