Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them!

I am so not sold on the saints. i watched most of the game last night and i just don't get them. the colts will be a far tougher game than the saints game. they have beaten up on a lot of tomato cans and minus the pats, their remaining opponents have a winning percentage of about 30! that is the LOWEST of any other team in the entire NFL going forward. Look at their freakin division. it is a total joke. the dome is the best thing they have going for them. but brady and moss in there can make that work for the pats too. Mark it down.... WE WILL CRUSH THEM! 

reminds me of the preseason when i said the same thing about the dolphins and made it clear they would stink this year and not make the playoffs. how many times can a team have 2 100+ yard kickoff returns and just have 104 yards in total offense and still win? only the idiot jets could refuse victory in that situation.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them!

I only saw the first half last night and just highlights of their other games, but I think they're for real, at least from what I've seen. They don't seem like a complete team to me (their defense gives up way too many points), but their offense is diverse, explosive, and capable of multiple big plays in any game. Keeping them from scoring 30 or more points is going to be a challenge for any defense, no matter how good, and since 30 points usually gets you a win in the NFL, I think you need to take this team seriously. Are they unbeatable? No. But they are definitely good--very good on offense--and can't be dismissed as a fraud. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Pats play them.  That game will tell us a lot about both teams.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Reality check, Pats have beaten their share of tomato cans and got real lucky beating Buffalo and Baltimore.  Crush New Orleans, I think not.  Maybe, squeak out a win but I wouldn't bet the ranch on it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

What are you smoking? The Saints are the best team in football right now. Hopefully the Pats can pull that one out. But detroy them? Give me a break. This reminds me of the "Dolphins could win the division" post.

I would be a lot more worried about the Saints than the Colts. The Colts have ZERO running game and one decent reciever- we should be able to slow down their offense. And the Saints clearly have a better defense  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Bear in mind, this is the same guy who thinks Tom Brady is on his way to becoming a disruptive force in the mold of Brett Favre because he wore a suit on the flight to London.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Wow.  I think they are the best, too.  They virtually did what they wanted on offense last night.  Brees is the real deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I think that the Saints right now are for real.  Will they go undefeated?  I doubt it, but I wouldnt be surprised.  Records are made to be broken.

I dont have any facts to support this, but I think that the saints are a more complete team that the 2007 NE Patriots were.  NO has a great rushing offense, great QB, good WR and a defense that takes the ball away and scores.  The 2007 NE team relied soley on the offense blowing teams out.  Yeah they had a couple of close games with Baltimore and the Giants, but with Baltimore they had no offense at the time and with the Giants it was a shootout.

As I mentioned before do I think they go undefeated? NO, but anything is possible.  I do believe they are the best team in the League right now, right behind Indy. 

I think it is great that NE is able to face both of these teams during November.  It will definatley show were they stand. 

First up Miami.  One game at a time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the falcons have a good running game in turner which really opened up everything else.the saints can light it up any time,by air,and ground.not that i dont think the pats cant win,but it wont be as easy as some think.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

They will not destroy the Saints. The Saints have a near complete team, they will truly test this Patiot D. If the Pats do win it will be a close game. Also the game is in NO. That gives them a slight advantage

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

I don't think they are fraud or that Pats can beat up on them. But after watching yesterday's game, if Atlanta had played a little bit better (making atleast one of those two missed FG's and committing atleast one less turnover), I felt that they had a chance to win it. So, if Pats can play a mistake free game (Brady has to be careful about those ball-hawking DBs), they sure have a chance to beat NO. Pats defense also have to plan for the multiple RBs that the Saints have. They look like a pretty good running unit and ofcourse there is Brees to worry about. So, it will be tough, but they are beatable.

But I agree that Colts will be the tougher game, as we all know how efficient Manning is and he and Wayne alone can win games. I don't see such effeciency in Brees.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them!:
    [QUOTE]I think that the Saints right now are for real.  Will they go undefeated?  I doubt it, but I wouldnt be surprised.  Records are made to be broken.

RESPONSE: Agreed. The Saints are similar to the 2007 Patriots.

I dont have any facts to support this, but I think that the saints are a more complete team that the 2007 NE Patriots were.  NO has a great rushing offense, great QB, good WR and a defense that takes the ball away and scores.  The 2007 NE team relied soley on the offense blowing teams out.  Yeah they had a couple of close games with Baltimore and the Giants, but with Baltimore they had no offense at the time and with the Giants it was a shootout.

RESPONSE: I'd take the 2007 Patriots over these Saints. You're not giving the Pats' 2007 "D" its' due. One thing the Saints have going for them, that the 2007 Pats did not, is that they constantly play in ideal conditions. Had the 2007 Pats been a dome team...or played all its'' games in warm weather cites, they would have been even tougher. The Baltimore game that you referred to was played in a wind tunnel. The 2007 Giants were a better team at that seasons' end than this years' Saints.   

As I mentioned before do I think they go undefeated? NO, but anything is possible.  I do believe they are the best team in the League right now, right behind Indy.

RESPONSE: You say that you think the Saints are the best team in the league...than you say they're right behind the Colts?? Do you think Indy has a better team? 

I think it is great that NE is able to face both of these teams during November.

RESPONSE: I think it suucks...LOL!! I would much rather see the Pats play cupcakes...get a bye...and face the "iron" in the playoffs.

It will definatley show were they stand.  First up Miami.  One game at a time.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

@TexasPat

RESPONSE: You say that you think the Saints are the best team in the league...than you say they're right behind the Colts?? Do you think Indy has a better team? 

you caught me on that one....I meant behind them are the colts...lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

the saints also have a real easy schedule this year.which gives them good odds to go unbeaten,but not because they are the best team.sure they beat the giants who are really not that good this year.i think the eagles are the best team in the nfc then the vikes,and then the saints.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Saints destroyed the Eagles.

I think the Eagles are good, you just dont know if they are going to destroy a team or lay an egg.  Which they did in both the Saints and Raiders games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Saints destroyed the Eagles. I think the Eagles are good, you just dont know if they are going to destroy a team or lay an egg.  Which they did in both the Saints and Raiders games.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE] true,but they are running on all cylinders at this time,and look just as lethal.i give them the edge only because i still think there defense is better since there early match up.and in the post season,the eagles have been there,and know how to deal with that pressure,for i feel the saints will sink,come playoff time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

[QUOTE]I think that the Saints right now are for real.  Will they go undefeated?  I doubt it, but I wouldnt be surprised.  Records are made to be broken. I dont have any facts to support this, but I think that the saints are a more complete team that the 2007 NE Patriots were.  NO has a great rushing offense, great QB, good WR and a defense that takes the ball away and scores.  The 2007 NE team relied soley on the offense blowing teams out.  Yeah they had a couple of close games with Baltimore and the Giants, but with Baltimore they had no offense at the time and with the Giants it was a shootout. As I mentioned before do I think they go undefeated? NO, but anything is possible.  I do believe they are the best team in the League right now, right behind Indy.  I think it is great that NE is able to face both of these teams during November.  It will definatley show were they stand.  First up Miami.  One game at a time.
    Posted by patsfaninsatx[/QUOTE]

Look, reality check. The Saints are not going to go undefeated (and we only even entertain this notion because of that Pats team). I actually think it is more likely the Colts could get to 13-0 or so if they got by the Pats.. probably could see a good defensive team such as the Jets/Denver giving them their only potential loss... but even then I'd still have the Colts as favorites... Maybe an 'inspiried' Vince Young-led Titans pulling off a major upset to give that team something...  not likely, but still fun to think about. 

The other thing to note is that this notion of 'Games for where you stand' seems to me to mean nothing when it comes to the playoffs. All that matters is winning in the playoffs. Just some things from the past few seasons I was quickly looking up, for example:

2008 Steelers lost to the Colts, Giants, Titans and Eagles in the regular season before winning the Super Bowl.. all playoff teams. Never played any of them again. To me, they might have been the 'worst' of that group if those teams all stayed healthy. Doesn't matter, they won when it mattered.

2007 Giants lost to the same Patriots team they beat in the Super Bowl. Also lost to the Cowboys TWICE and Green Bay once before beating them in the playoffs as well. Again, very different team come that stretch run.  

2006 Colts.. well, they were undefeated for a while, only lost 4 games, all toward the end of the year in garbage time of the season. Still, not undefeated (but possibly good enough to try for it). Some here might argue the Pats game was the real Super Bowl that year and they played that game twice, both 'close', second game required massive comeback.  

2005 Steelers: Lost to the Colts and Bengals (and not 'cheapy' losses) before beating them both in the playoffs (in tough wins, I might add).

2003/04/01 Pats also had similar experiences with the Steelers, Rams, etc.

If I had a point, it is this... Don't put too much stock into these sorts of regular season games between teams that you know are likely to meet in the playoffs again when things change. That isn't an excuse for any team in advance... The playoffs are VERY different, injuries happen and what a team takes from a first game can mean a lot toward that second and/or third meeting... We have yet to see how these Saints will respond to a team that already knows what they are up against. (Think Pats against the Wildcat, game 2). Similarly, I don't buy into this notion that if the Pats were to beat the Colts and Saints, they'd be any more likely to beat them (or even a team like the Vikings/Steelers) in the playoffs.

We also seem to ignore the very real chance a team like Carolina might knock them off in one of their two games, too... I know, I know. But this is a division game and a team that can run the ball, does still have a all-world WR that can get open on anyone, etc.. You just need someone to show up for one game. Maybe not this next game, but perhaps the one in Carolina. And maybe a Ted Ginn -type special teams effort as well.. that wouldn't hurt.    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them!:
    [QUOTE]I am so not sold on the saints. i watched most of the game last night and i just don't get them. the colts will be a far tougher game than the saints game. they have beaten up on a lot of tomato cans and minus the pats, their remaining opponents have a winning percentage of about 30! that is the LOWEST of any other team in the entire NFL going forward. Look at their freakin division. it is a total joke. the dome is the best thing they have going for them. but brady and moss in there can make that work for the pats too. Mark it down.... WE WILL CRUSH THEM!  reminds me of the preseason when i said the same thing about the dolphins and made it clear they would stink this year and not make the playoffs. how many times can a team have 2 100+ yard kickoff returns and just have 104 yards in total offense and still win? only the idiot jets could refuse victory in that situation.
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

Were we watching the same game?

I saw a drew brees that has manning-like pinpoint accuracy, an oline that protects him and a dline that gets after a QB. Playing them at their house will be our toughest game of the year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

Yeah, the Saints destroyed the Eagles and I think that game was in Philly. I think the Vikes are better than the Eagles in the sense that they are atleast consistent and if not for those two turnovers in the last minutes against the Steelers, they would have a perfect record too. Atleast for now, Favre looks pretty good with Rice and Harvin and of course they have AP and a stout (literally) run defense. Only if there was a match up between the Vikes and Saints...

I don't think Saints are the best team in the league and I don't think they will go undefeated either. They have to play the Pats and then they have two games to play against the improving Carolina, and a road game at Atlanta where I expect the Falcons to play better than yesterday and Dallas also comes to town later.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints a fraud?... Pats WILL destroy them! : Look, reality check. The Saints are not going to go undefeated (and we only even entertain this notion because of that Pats team). I actually think it is more likely the Colts could get to 13-0 or so if they got by the Pats.. probably could see a good defensive team such as the Jets/Denver giving them their only potential loss... but even then I'd still have the Colts as favorites... Maybe an 'inspiried' Vince Young-led Titans pulling off a major upset to give that team something...  not likely, but still fun to think about.  The other thing to note is that this notion of 'Games for where you stand' seems to me to mean nothing when it comes to the playoffs. All that matters is winning in the playoffs. Just some things from the past few seasons I was quickly looking up, for example: 2008 Steelers lost to the Colts, Giants, Titans and Eagles in the regular season before winning the Super Bowl.. all playoff teams. Never played any of them again. To me, they might have been the 'worst' of that group if those teams all stayed healthy. Doesn't matter, they won when it mattered. 2007 Giants lost to the same Patriots team they beat in the Super Bowl. Also lost to the Cowboys TWICE and Green Bay once before beating them in the playoffs as well. Again, very different team come that stretch run.   2006 Colts.. well, they were undefeated for a while, only lost 4 games, all toward the end of the year in garbage time of the season. Still, not undefeated (but possibly good enough to try for it). Some here might argue the Pats game was the real Super Bowl that year and they played that game twice, both 'close', second game required massive comeback.   2005 Steelers: Lost to the Colts and Bengals (and not 'cheapy' losses) before beating them both in the playoffs (in tough wins, I might add). 2003/04/01 Pats also had similar experiences with the Steelers, Rams, etc. If I had a point, it is this... Don't put too much stock into these sorts of regular season games between teams that you know are likely to meet in the playoffs again when things change. That isn't an excuse for any team in advance... The playoffs are VERY different, injuries happen and what a team takes from a first game can mean a lot toward that second and/or third meeting... We have yet to see how these Saints will respond to a team that already knows what they are up against. (Think Pats against the Wildcat, game 2). Similarly, I don't buy into this notion that if the Pats were to beat the Colts and Saints, they'd be any more likely to beat them (or even a team like the Vikings/Steelers) in the playoffs. We also seem to ignore the very real chance a team like Carolina might knock them off in one of their two games, too... I know, I know. But this is a division game and a team that can run the ball, does still have a all-world WR that can get open on anyone, etc.. You just need someone to show up for one game. Maybe not this next game, but perhaps the one in Carolina. And maybe a Ted Ginn -type special teams effort as well.. that wouldn't hurt.    
    Posted by Physics[/QUOTE]

I never said that they would go undefeated. 

I said that anything is possible.  They have a solid team across the board, but just like ATL played them well doesnt mean another division rival cant pull it off.

I really dont care if they go undefeated or not. 

All I care about is that NE keeps improving and winning.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I have come to think that the Pats will beat Indy. 

This does not suggest that the pats are better.  Next week is huge for Indy against Houston.  If Indy wins, then they have a 4+ game lead on the entire division.  It will be a difficult game but Indy will benefit from Owen Daniel going down. 

That said, if Indy beats Houston, I could see the pats game as a let down.  I know that is blasphemy, and I hope I am wrong, but the rivalry has lost some of its cache in my opinion.

If the colts do not let down against NE, then it is very possible that they will against Balt - next game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]I have come to think that the Pats will beat Indy.  This does not suggest that the pats are better.  Next week is huge for Indy against Houston.  If Indy wins, then they have a 4+ game lead on the entire division.  It will be a difficult game but Indy will benefit from Owen Daniel going down.  That said, if Indy beats Houston, I could see the pats game as a let down.  I know that is blasphemy, and I hope I am wrong, but the rivalry has lost some of its cache in my opinion. If the colts do not let down against NE, then it is very possible that they will against Balt - next game.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

please confirm.

I read that you said "the pats will beat indy". Was that a misprint?

just yanking your chain. I think your expectations are pretty realistic. I still see that game as a tossup but the letdown factor often plays a bigger role than most fans realize or account for.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The Pats had better play a full 60 to have a shot at bettin' NO. I dont think the Saints are losing in that building this year in the regular season. Last night though, if Ryan was on, the Falcons would've won that game. Brees is 1-2 as starter in the post season. It's hard for me to see the saints going all the way.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I mentioned two years ago that if the Saints got some decent defensive players they could be the NFC rep. in the Super Bowl and my opinion has not changed. They seem to be getting turnovers at crucial points in the game and the offense is able to score at will. They are definitely beatable, but it won't be easy. If, for example, Carolina establishes the run with Williams and Stewart and Peppers plays out of his mind (3 sacks one INT etc....) the Panthers can beat them. New Orleans will have to play its C game (as opposed to its A game) for them to lose. Whoever plays them will have to have great play from the secondary and a very good pass rush.....not to mention you have to stop the rush. I think the Pats O could keep up with them, however, a single turnover could prove costly for either side. I obviously do not think they are a fraud; the Saints are crushing teams (Giants Eagles) that many thought were Super Bowl contenders. I still believe that the Pats, Colts and Steelers are capable of beating them, but these would be very tough games.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I won't bother debating which is the best team in the NFL.  Regardless of which team is best, the Saints are for real and will be real tough to beat.  As Jbolted said, the Pats will need to play 60 minutes of good football and maybe add a few seconds for good measure.  

We do have one thing going for us though.  Although the Saints are still hot, they are cooling down some.  They have had some closer games.  What is happening to them is much like what happened to the 2007 Pats; D coordinators are starting to figure them out some.  It was not just the weather that slowed the Pats down in late 2007.  With each game, the teams are exposing whatever new weakness they can find in them.  Their offense will slowly come down to earth much like the 2007 Pats.  The 2007 Pats still had a good offense at the end of 2007, but it would not have broken any records had it played all of 2007 like it did the last third of the 2007 season (not all weather guys).  I see the same thing happening to the Saints.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I have come to think that the Pats will beat Indy.

RESPONSE: What a cowardly stance...trying to cover your buttt here just in case disaster strikes in Indy...LOL!!

This does not suggest that the pats are better.

RESPONSE: LOL!!! If the Pats beat the Colts in Indy...does that suggest that the Colts are better? 

Next week is huge for Indy against Houston.  If Indy wins, then they have a 4+ game lead on the entire division.  It will be a difficult game but Indy will benefit from Owen Daniel going down.  That said, if Indy beats Houston, I could see the pats game as a let down.

RESPONSE: LOL!! Worried about the Texans, too? As for the Pats/Indy rivalry not being what it used to be, surely you jest. With all the pre-game publicity this game will undoubtably generate, if the Colts aren't up for the Pats, they're not human. How typical of a Colts fan...floating excuses in advance, just in case their team loses. 

I know that is blasphemy, and I hope I am wrong, but the rivalry has lost some of its cache in my opinion.

RESPONSE: Why don't you ask some of your bretheran that question in Indy. The Pats/Colts is the top rivalry in the NFL. 

If the colts do not let down against NE, then it is very possible that they will against Balt - next game.

RESPONSE: Stop whining, already!! The game has yet to be played! The Colts are an elite team. Its' not the end of the world if the Colts lose a game...even if its' to the Pats. They still would be a game up on them...unless they lose to the Texans the week before.

Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Seriously Dogg, I expect better from you than this drivel.

Sections
Shortcuts