Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be

Spin it anyway you want to spin it but the fact is the Saints are very good. If it makes you all feel bette going into the game saying the Saints are not all that good than have fun with that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1SaintsFan. Show 1SaintsFan's posts

Hello Pats fans. I am a Saints fan, but I'm not here to talk smack. I'm here to give you guys your due. The Pats are awesome. I personally believe that come playoff time you will send the Colts home for the winter. I have nothing but respect for your team and organization. I just wanted to see what you all have to say in regard to the game. I believe it's gonna be a close game. I think turnovers will be the thing that does either team in. When the Saints get turnovers we score td's. But, we have turned the ball over alot and that worries me. Certainly I want the Saints to win the game but if we lose to a great team like the Pats there is no shame in that. As far as the undefeated talk of going 16-0 I'm not ready to say that. If we get to 15-0 then I may start to think about it then. But as of now there is only 1 team that has gone 16-0 and that is the Pats. I hope it is a injury free game and a competitive one on our end. Good Luck but not too much good luck because I want the Saints to win. I have the utmost respect for the Pats, and I hope the Saints will be the type of organization you have. No matter what happens Monday night I hope we meet again in February. I think that would be an awesome Super Bowl. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be:
    No matter what happens Monday night I hope we meet again in February. I think that would be an awesome Super Bowl. 
    Posted by 1SaintsFan

Congrats on having a good team to root for, and yeah, Pats/Saints would be a great Super Bowl, I hope to see it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I note a civility in Saints fans that have shown up on this board.  Good for you!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I note a civility in Saints fans that have shown up on this board.  Good for you!
    Posted by Paul_K

Yeah, so far I'd have to rank the Saints fans as #1 in troll civility.  How refreshing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

If the Saints win this week the Pats will knock off an undefeated team in the AFC Championship game and the Superbowl.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I live in New Orleans and the feeling I get is that the diehard fans are waiting for the other shoe to drop on this unit.

They are excited in one sentence, but always seem to come back to how they will get burned.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I live in New Orleans and the feeling I get is that the diehard fans are waiting for the other shoe to drop on this unit. They are excited in one sentence, but always seem to come back to how they will get burned.
    Posted by zbellino

Interesting. Remind you of any other fan base from recent years?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be : These statements are fine in the MLB and NBA but in the NFL, things are much more balanced just because of how the league is built. Just because the AFC has won more Super Bowls in the past decade doesn't necessarily mean it's the superior conference like the American League is to the National League or the Western Conference was to the Eastern Conference (until about a few years ago).
    Posted by apdynasty23

This comment makes no sense. Winning the Super Bowl is the pinnacle achievement of playing in the NFL.  The AFC has had far more teams win the Super Bowl this decade. Of course the AFC is the superior conference; how else would you gauge which is the better conference?

Please don't tell me you count regular season wins as the barometer for superiority. If that's the case then the Colt's are the team of the decade.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

First off I really don't think AFC vs. NFC in past years superbowl wins means anything at all except that conference was better that year. I also don't think it matters how much more/less the Saints beat the same opponents as the Pats. I know it gives us a barometer for things to come but the only thing that matters is what happens Monday night.
    I will say that as far as you John413, you're not a Pats fan. A fan sticks behind their team through ups and downs and you gave up. You have your opinion and I don't want to hear you jumping back on the wagon when they win, stick by your post.
    1Saintsfan, the Saints are undefeated which means they're good period! How they win doesn't matter because good teams find a way to win. This is going to be a huge game and I agree turnovers are crucial. I also think penalties will be as well. The Pats are the best in the first half and the Saints are incredible in the second so this one could be a nail biter for everyone.

Hope everyone has Tuesday off, except you John413, I'm sure you'll shut it off after the 1st and go to bed saying we lost.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronson05. Show bronson05's posts

In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be : I wish I could help you out, Bronson, but I don't frequent Saints boards.  Way too much blowing up each other's skirts.  I prefer visiting opponent's boards.  Sure, it is still primarily skirt blowing going on there too, but there are always a handful of realistic followers that take an objective view and relay true honest evaluations. I must admit, as civil as this board had been, it has been quite uninformed of the Saints status.  I expected more, or maybe I didn't since I seldom see it elsewhere.  I have read where three Saints secondary starters are out while all three of our best secondary players are playing. I have read where Brees has difficulties when more than the front four are sent while Brees is only blitzed less than Peyton Manning because of his ability to shred a weakened defensive backfield. I have read of the Saints one dimensional passing attack while the Saints are 5th in the NFL in rushing and 6th in passing with 322 rushing plays and 320 passing plays. I have read of the Saints difficulties to stop the pass while they have only allowed seven passing TDs as compared to 14 allowed by the Patriots. I have read of the Patriots success in the Superdome in 2001 as positive while the Saints have dominated all games at home and Patriots are 0-3 this season playing at the opponents home. I have read how the Saints cannot stop the run while the Saints allow an average of six fewer yards rushing than the Patriots and average over 40 yards per game rushing more themselves than do the Patriots. I have read how the Patriots will out coach the Saints while the Patriots pulled the four and two bonehead move against the Colts. I have read how the Saints have not played anybody while five of the Saints ten opponents (5-0 Saints) are in common with six of the Patriots ten opponents (5-1 Patriots).   I have read how the Saints have no true fan base while there has been a huge waiting list for season tickets in the Superdome for years. All of that said, I do have to admit that the majority of Patriot fans have the ability to address the game itself rather than trying to insult our great city and culture.  Perhaps it is because, like New Orleans, Boston is one of America's true treasures as a city.  Anyway, I look forward to more discussion before and after the game.
    Posted by AsylumGuido

Guido,

I am not really interested in some of the more obscure stats. I see NO as another road black in the Patriots ultimate goal this season. As well as a very entertaining Monday Night Match UP. Which I love as a fan of the Pats and the NFL. Point taken on your reason for being on the Boston website, and frustration with some the misinformation being discussed. Truth is. This is neither a playoff game or divisional match up. It is one hell of a regular season show down. One which I will thoroughly enjoy should it turn out the way I expect it to. Congrats on your favorite teams success, as a fan I know what it is like to experience winning after a bunch of tough years. Good Luck.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be : Guido, I am not really interested in some of the more obscure stats. I see NO as another road black in the Patriots ultimate goal this season. As well as a very entertaining Monday Night Match UP. Which I love as a fan of the Pats and the NFL. Point taken on your reason for being on the Boston website, and frustration with some the misinformation being discussed. Truth is. This is neither a playoff game or divisional match up. It is one hell of a regular season show down. One which I will thoroughly enjoy should it turn out the way I expect it to. Congrats on your favorite teams success, as a fan I know what it is like to experience winning after a bunch of tough years. Good Luck.
    Posted by bronson05

Thanks!  And good luck yourself, after Monday of course.  As I mentioned before, I have always followed the Patriots closely and will continue as the season goes on.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

To beat the Saints, the Patriots will have to do the following...

1) Hold the Saints to 17 points or less.

2) Run the ball effectively, because the Saints' defense lives off the turnover.

3) Control field position with excellent special teams play.  When the Saints have good field position, they score fast, and alot!

4) Hit Brees often, using the zone blitz, and switching to the 4-3 occasionally to block passing lanes.

5) Brady will need to throw for at least 3 TD's.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

To beat the Saints, the Patriots will have to do the following... 1) Hold the Saints to 17 points or less. 2) Run the ball effectively, because the Saints' defense lives off the turnover. 3) Control field position with excellent special teams play.  When the Saints have good field position, they score fast, and alot! 4) Hit Brees often, using the zone blitz, and switching to the 4-3 occasionally to block passing lanes. 5) Brady will need to throw for at least 3 TD's.
    Posted by jmmyslinski

TEMPLATE RESPONSE FOR GUIDO

Put the Saints have scored 380.x points per game.

The Saints have forced 27 fumbles and 98 interceptions so far this year.

Field position isn't relevant when the Saints have scored with every single possession this season. Even if they have to punt, the Saints punter can have the ball stop dead on the opponent's one and he can do this from any spot on the field.

Even when you pressure Brees he will 1. Jump over every one and make the completion. 2. Outrun everyone and make a completion. 3. Just throw the ball through everyone for a completion. And it is impossible to sack Brees anyway.

Brady will not be able to throw because of two things. The Saints abilioty to manage the clock on offense. They had a 72 play drive earlier that chewed up 27 hours. They even threw in a few illegal shifts and offsides on purpose to extend the time. Also, if the Saints defense ever needs to be on the field, they will simply strip the ball from the center as he snaps it.

Chuck Norris wrote Drew Brees telling him how much he looks up to him. Brees crumpled up the letter and threw it for a touchdown.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be : TEMPLATE RESPONSE FOR GUIDO Put the Saints have scored 380.x points per game. The Saints have forced 27 fumbles and 98 interceptions so far this year. Field position isn't relevant when the Saints have scored with every single possession this season. Even if they have to punt, the Saints punter can have the ball stop dead on the opponent's one and he can do this from any spot on the field. Even when you pressure Brees he will 1. Jump over every one and make the completion. 2. Outrun everyone and make a completion. 3. Just throw the ball through everyone for a completion. And it is impossible to sack Brees anyway. Brady will not be able to throw because of two things. The Saints abilioty to manage the clock on offense. They had a 72 play drive earlier that chewed up 27 hours. They even threw in a few illegal shifts and offsides on purpose to extend the time. Also, if the Saints defense ever needs to be on the field, they will simply strip the ball from the center as he snaps it. Chuck Norris wrote Drew Brees telling him how much he looks up to him. Brees crumpled up the letter and threw it for a touchdown.
    Posted by EnochRoot

Funny stuff!  When you have to take time off from posting, I suggest you save this for the "Best of Enoch" reruns.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be : Guido, I am not really interested in some of the more obscure stats. I see NO as another road black in the Patriots ultimate goal this season. As well as a very entertaining Monday Night Match UP. Which I love as a fan of the Pats and the NFL. Point taken on your reason for being on the Boston website, and frustration with some the misinformation being discussed. Truth is. This is neither a playoff game or divisional match up. It is one hell of a regular season show down. One which I will thoroughly enjoy should it turn out the way I expect it to. Congrats on your favorite teams success, as a fan I know what it is like to experience winning after a bunch of tough years. Good Luck.
    Posted by bronson05

I highly recommend ignoring this particular troll.

He's as bad as underdogg with respect to ignoring facts and cherry-picking obscure minutia to support whatever skewed argument he's trying to make.

Oxygen is an important element. Don't waste it on annoying insects.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

To beat the Saints, the Patriots will have to do the following... 1) Hold the Saints to 17 points or less. 2) Run the ball effectively, because the Saints' defense lives off the turnover. 3) Control field position with excellent special teams play.  When the Saints have good field position, they score fast, and alot! 4) Hit Brees often, using the zone blitz, and switching to the 4-3 occasionally to block passing lanes. 5) Brady will need to throw for at least 3 TD's.
    Posted by jmmyslinski

I agree.  That would do it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

all i know is the saints' DBs better get ready because in his career Randy moss has been in 20 Monday night games, caught 120 passes for 1949 yards and 21 touchdowns(that's a career for some people) WOW and i keep hearing the saints got a hurt secondary DOUBLE WOW

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

all i know is the saints' DBs better get ready because in his career Randy moss has been in 20 Monday night games, caught 120 passes for 1949 yards and 21 touchdowns(that's a career for some people) WOW and i keep hearing the saints got a hurt secondary DOUBLE WOW
    Posted by 81pats12

"Had" a hurt secondary.  You are hearing old news.  Three starters were out a couple of games ago.  Darren Sharper and Jabari Greer are back.  The only former starter missing is second year CB Tracy Porter who has been replaced by 2009 1st round draft choice Malcom Jenkins who had a great first start last week including his first career pick.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjhenne. Show rjhenne's posts

patriots are not going to win this one. they just don't beat good teams on the road anymore. they may make it a game but as we have all seen they will lose it in the final minutes as the offense goes cold and the defense cant hold.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 81pats12. Show 81pats12's posts

just because they're back doesn't mean they're a 100% but alright whoever's playing better be ready because 81 will be... if he shockingly is'nt 83 and the rest of the brady bunch will be

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't think New Orleans will be able to run on the Pats.  Patriots have faced NY and Miami who are both better running teams and have shut them down.  Pats are the #6 pass defense and #2 pass offense in yards which is  better than N.O. who is the #15 pass defense and #6 pass offense. 

The 2nd best passing team facing the 15th pass defending team looks good.  I think it will be a shootout and I like the Pats chances.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

How bout:

"The Patriots Aten't What They Appear To Be"

Should have lost to Buffalo if not for that lucky fumble...
    Lose to the Jets???
    Lose to Denver in OT....
    Blow out / Shut out Tenn...
    Hand the Colts a win in Indy...

One could easliy argue this Pats team is not what they appear to be!!  

Its simple: Just win on Monday night and shut down the Saints potent offense.  

Its gonna be a great game. 

Sections
Shortcuts