Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be

the saints are pretenders! we are gonna give them a good whippin'! We are gonna play 60 minutes for the first time this season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be:
    [QUOTE]The Saints played the 1-9 St. Louis Rams two weeks ago.  With 2:21 to go, the Rams had to drive 80 yards for the winning touchdown.  Being the 1-9 Rams of course, they only drove the first 48 yards against the Saints, then failed.  How could anyone let the Rams get that close?  The Rams are a team that pinned a deciding touchdown on the mighty Detroit Lions with 1:38 to go in that game, but hasn't beaten anyone else this year.  Any team that needs their lucky mojo from the voodoo shop to beat the Rams, they're hurting.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE] every team can have a bad game,and in the saints case they still won.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Patriots defense retooled to handle faster offenses like Saints. Saints could be affective with screens to Bush; Pats screen defense has been bad at times. That's not enough for Saints to score a lot; look for some INTs and a good overall game for Pats d...Brady and O look like they are close to clicking...only red zone remains as issue...that's when you miss a Corrie Dillon type guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Martin93. Show Martin93's posts

2 best teams are in NFC

Saints are 3-0 against AFC

after Monday 4-0

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]We definitely need this win, not only to keep 2007 special, but because this is the kind of team the Pats will have to face in the playoffs. The Saints are very over-hyped to me. If I had to rank them I would rank them as the 5th best team in the NFL-- behind Indy, NE, Cincy, and (my number 1) Minny-- and the best QB they've faced is Eli Manning. Their defense is overrated IMO, but their offense is just as potent as the Pats'.  I expect a better performance out of our defense. Against the Colts they played well for three quarters, and without their best Pass-rusher. With TBC adding pressure to Brees, I expect them to shut down the Saints. I believe we are gazing at the best defense we've had since we lost Willie McGinest,-- since 2005-- but they still need to prove it to the masses.  The 2009 New England Patriots are a team to be reckoned with!
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Man, this post got me so motivated I ran out of the house and tackled the first person I met on the street.  I hope the old lady is going to be alright...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I still cringe to hear us fans talk underestimating our opponent.  I know that what us fans say or think has no bearing on the outcome of the game, and this is kind of superstitious and all...  but please, send no bad ju ju our way.  We have three losses and each of them came after us fans provided in-depth analysis as to how overrated our opponent was.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints Ain't What They Appear To Be :  Comparison of records against common opponents doesn't mean jack.  The Pats are going to have their hands full, make no mistake about it.
    Posted by Norger[/QUOTE]

You got that right.  Look at the jests in weeks 1-4 and how they're playing now.
    same with the broncos and titans. an injury here an injury there and you've got an entirely different team.

Bottom line is that the saints have very good team and that stadium is louder than indy. We're better but we have to play the full 60 minutes and hope the refs don't take control of the game, as they are somtimes prone to do. We always seem to lose out when that happens. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

[QUOTE]2 best teams are in NFC Saints are 3-0 against AFC after Monday 4-0
    Posted by Martin93[/QUOTE]

Day off from school huh? I LOVE that you think this game is going to be an easy win for the Saints! Too bad we won't get to rub it in on Tuesday because we all know you won't show your 16 year old pimpley little face here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rascus. Show Rascus's posts

[QUOTE]Just because the Saints defense isn't great in the traditional sense of yards allowed, they're still a great defense. They lead the league in takeaways. They lead the league in points scored. They have the lowest QB rating average against them. In the first 5 weeks they were up at 6th against the rush. Sedrick Ellis goes down and suddenly we're no longer a top 10 rushing defense. Not a coincidence. Fortunately, he's coming back on Monday as well as Greer. I don't think the game's going to be as close as people are saying. Just because it's two great teams doesn't mean it has to be decided by a field goal. And with that said, just because it's a blow out either way doesn't mean one team is significantly better than the other. 42 - 27 Saints.
    Posted by soyi3oy[/QUOTE]

You smokin some great stuff...come on and get real...Saints 28  Rams 23...and you think that you are gonna beat the Pats 42-27.......you better smoke some more of that stuff to ease the pain of whts comin on Monday night.....You guys have a really top notch team....give you all the credit for that ,but so do we Patriots 31  Saints 17....sorry about that but you always knew it had to happen sooner or later!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]We definitely need this win, not only to keep 2007 special, but because this is the kind of team the Pats will have to face in the playoffs. The Saints are very over-hyped to me. If I had to rank them I would rank them as the 5th best team in the NFL-- behind Indy, NE, Cincy, and (my number 1) Minny-- and the best QB they've faced is Eli Manning. Their defense is overrated IMO, but their offense is just as potent as the Pats'.  I expect a better performance out of our defense. Against the Colts they played well for three quarters, and without their best Pass-rusher. With TBC adding pressure to Brees, I expect them to shut down the Saints. I believe we are gazing at the best defense we've had since we lost Willie McGinest,-- since 2005-- but they still need to prove it to the masses.  The 2009 New England Patriots are a team to be reckoned with!
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

2005?  You kidding me?  The year of Duane Starks, Chad Brown and Monty Beisel?  2005?  When we were on pace to give up more points than we scored until the weather turned south?  2005? Don't talk about 2005.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Raiders didn't win that super bowl dude.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, you right my fault.....That was Tampa Bay.....So 3 out of 10 aint bad, but still the Afc own the NFC!
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

These statements are fine in the MLB and NBA but in the NFL, things are much more balanced just because of how the league is built. Just because the AFC has won more Super Bowls in the past decade doesn't necessarily mean it's the superior conference like the American League is to the National League or the Western Conference was to the Eastern Conference (until about a few years ago).

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I don't necessarily buy the argument that a team which beats another team by a wider margin than that team is by clearly better. That only applies to the BCS rankings and, evidently, the ESPN Power Poll (or whatever the heck they want to call it). A few teams have proved that they can stay in the game with New Orleans. Miami was in the game, but somehow deviated from their gameplan and the Saints came marching in the 4th quarter (something they have done ) all year. If any team, in any sport, is undefeated they are an exceptional team and the Big Easy is no different than any other team that has gone 10-0. The one caveat should the Colts or Saints go undefeated will be the number of playoff teams they face; the Pats beat five playoff teams in 07 and would have been six had they defeated the Packers in the revenge SB. That should be where the comparisons end.

New Orleans has had decent offensive players for some time now. Kudos to Payton for getting some quality free agent picks on the defensive side of the football and thus becoming  a well-rounded team. This team is noticeably better than the one that lost to the Bears in the 2006 NFCCG. The Saints are what the record says they are: a very good football team.

The Pats will win, but they will have to play great situational football in the 2nd half. Unlike the Phins. The Pats secondary has played strong all year, we need the OLBs to step-up. This is a must win for the Patriots. Would be nice to get the bye. I have been saying all year long that this season is like similar to '01 season. We will beat the competition the second time around in the playoffs. With a 13-3 or 12-4 record and so many young players on the roster it will be no small achievement.

Michael in T.O.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bronson05. Show bronson05's posts

I love it. Saints fans coming out of the woodwork. Wonder what they are saying on the New Orleans board... Not really. 

Drew Brees is the Devil!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

[QUOTE]I love it. Saints fans coming out of the woodwork. Wonder what they are saying on the New Orleans board... Not really.  Drew Brees is the Devil!
    Posted by bronson05[/QUOTE]

I wish I could help you out, Bronson, but I don't frequent Saints boards.  Way too much blowing up each other's skirts.  I prefer visiting opponent's boards.  Sure, it is still primarily skirt blowing going on there too, but there are always a handful of realistic followers that take an objective view and relay true honest evaluations.

I must admit, as civil as this board had been, it has been quite uninformed of the Saints status.  I expected more, or maybe I didn't since I seldom see it elsewhere. 

I have read where three Saints secondary starters are out while all three of our best secondary players are playing.

I have read where Brees has difficulties when more than the front four are sent while Brees is only blitzed less than Peyton Manning because of his ability to shred a weakened defensive backfield.

I have read of the Saints one dimensional passing attack while the Saints are 5th in the NFL in rushing and 6th in passing with 322 rushing plays and 320 passing plays.

I have read of the Saints difficulties to stop the pass while they have only allowed seven passing TDs as compared to 14 allowed by the Patriots.

I have read of the Patriots success in the Superdome in 2001 as positive while the Saints have dominated all games at home and Patriots are 0-3 this season playing at the opponents home.

I have read how the Saints cannot stop the run while the Saints allow an average of six fewer yards rushing than the Patriots and average over 40 yards per game rushing more themselves than do the Patriots.

I have read how the Patriots will out coach the Saints while the Patriots pulled the four and two bonehead move against the Colts.

I have read how the Saints have not played anybody while five of the Saints ten opponents (5-0 Saints) are in common with six of the Patriots ten opponents (5-1 Patriots).  

I have read how the Saints have no true fan base while there has been a huge waiting list for season tickets in the Superdome for years.

All of that said, I do have to admit that the majority of Patriot fans have the ability to address the game itself rather than trying to insult our great city and culture.  Perhaps it is because, like New Orleans, Boston is one of America's true treasures as a city. 

Anyway, I look forward to more discussion before and after the game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

[QUOTE]
    Posted by AsylumGuido[/QUOTE]

Guido:  Lifelong Mass. Pats fan here, but good for you with the Saints.  I've always loved the city of N.O., and I like the Saints well enough.  More than most other NFC teams.

I'm not sold on the Saints yet this year, I put them in the same category as MIN, a team that will put up a good regular season record, but I expect they could lose to anyone in the playoffs.

As for our Pats, yeah, we used to be great, but I think we're overhyped now.  For all the Pat fans blasting the Saints weak schedule, none of the 7 Pat wins have come against teams with a winning record.  Our only "road" win was against the pathetic Bucs at a neutral site (London).

The Colts were the only truly good team we faced, and we blew it yet again.

So based on the Pats' bad road record, and bad record against good teams, I'm expecting a comfortable Saint victory.  I actually think N.O. will win easier than anyone expects, and then us Pat fans will throw out the usual giant list of excuses. 

Hopefully the Pats will pull it out, but in any case, good luck in the NFC. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Yeah sadly I have better things to do with my time than to study up on the Saints' latest injury report. I hope Saints "visitors" to this board can appreciate that I am waiting on the Saints to prove something when it counts (postseason). Drew Bees said as much in a recent news conference which I thought was very classy. Having said that, I expect the Saints to go far in the playoffs this year. I'll have more to say about the team at that point. And yes, this generation of Patriots has a lot to prove as well, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt in the two minute drill with the game on the line. But we are still coming together as a team and I expect a stern test from the Saints...I'm expecting and rooting for a Pats win but a loss would not be shocking.

I respect this Saints team and expect a close but high scoring game. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" For all the Pat fans blasting the Saints weak schedule, none of the 7 Pat wins have come against teams with a winning record." 

So let's look at those three losses: one was a squeaker against a Colts team that has a good a chance to win the Super Bowl this year as any. The other loss was against the Jets when Brady was new to action and Welker was out, we came back and beat the Jets pretty hard. The other loss was at Denver - again an early Brady game. Maybe that means that Pats have also played a pretty soft schedule, but I'm not sure what more you are looking for in the Pats. They played the teams they were scheduled to play and did pretty well.

As for the Pats being overhyped, by who? I've seen tons of power rankings on the web, and the Pats tend to be right around #5, about what their record would indicate. 

If New Orleans wins, I'll give them all the credit, but I think you might want to have a bit more faith in your team with an offense that is coming together and a defense that is starting to gell. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AsylumGuido. Show AsylumGuido's posts

John413 and BostonTrollSpanker

I really appreciate your candor.  I will admit, my only real concern is the rookie CB Malcom Jenkins.  He has been forced to replace our starting CB, Tracy Porter.  Porter is a second year palyer who has been playing tremendously.  He will be back for the playoff, but will be potentially missed.  The reason I say potentially is that Jenkins, our 1st round pick this year, had a great game in his first start last week including his first career pick.

The rest of the team is healthier than it has been since week five.  To date this will be our biggest challenge, but at least we are better prepared than we have been over the past five weeks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from John413. Show John413's posts

[QUOTE]If New Orleans wins, I'll give them all the credit, but I think you might want to have a bit more faith in your team with an offense that is coming together and a defense that is starting to gell. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Basically, I'm never going to get over the Colt debacle unless/until we go back to Indy in the playoffs and win there.

That loss made me sick.  Forget about the 4th and 2, I don't even care about that, but giving up 21 points in the 4th quarter to blow a crucial AFC game is INEXCUSABLE.  You can make all the excuses in the world, it's all just talk until we actually win a big game again. 

Our "gelling" defense sure looked great in Indy, didn't it?  

I'm expecting to see the same lame @ss defense against the Saints this week.