Saints go marching in!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Saints go marching in!

Gints look pathetic and Saints look unstoppable so far, although it's early in the game.  How do the Pats beat them?
    Thoughts?
    P.S. I'm not BB, so I can look ahead to the Saints.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Saints go marching in!

In Response to Saints go marching in!:
    [QUOTE]Gints look pathetic and Saints look unstoppable so far, although it's early in the game.  How do the Pats beat them? Thoughts? P.S. I'm not BB, so I can look ahead to the Saints.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Score more points?  Let's see how they look today.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

Its fun seeing the Giants get pushed around.  The announcers may as well be wearing Giants helmets though. Still a lot of game left and the good teams make adjustments but the Saints look great so far.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Very scary team on offense right now. I can't see the Pats keeping up with them in a track meet, as sorry as that is to say.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Start by hiring real Offensive and Defensive Coordinators.  Then hire a General Manager that knows how to evaluate NFL quality talent.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I've always said that if the Saints get even an average defense they can win the NFC. The offense looks unstoppable; Brees was barely touched. One thing that needs to be disucussed is how overated the NFC East (Iggles Jints) is compared to NFC South (Saints/ Falcons). I can see the Saints as NFCCG material. Now all that needs to happen is for Ryan and the falcons to beat Cutler's Bears....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinger56. Show kinger56's posts

In Response to Re: Saints go marching in!:
    [QUOTE]Its fun seeing the Giants get pushed around.[/QUOTE]

That team was never worthy of the praised bestowed upon them these last two years.  They are the Buster Douglas of the NFL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinger56. Show kinger56's posts

[QUOTE]Its fun seeing the Giants get pushed around.[/QUOTE]

They were never really the team that everyone thought.  They are the Buster Douglas of the NFL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Start by hiring real Offensive and Defensive Coordinators.  Then hire a General Manager that knows how to evaluate NFL quality talent.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Well, considering that probably won't happen in the next six weeks, looks like they can be run on and having someone to return kicks might help.  Tate might help and Taylor back would be nice.  Also TB and the Offense should have enough time to jell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinger56. Show kinger56's posts

eh, double post.

maybe if this page could load without errors...nah too much to ask

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Beat them?  I'll be happy if the Pats can put up 14 against NO.

Giants really aren't as great as their record shows, but the Saints annihilated them.  It's an old fashioned beatdown on the Bayou.  It's a bigger beating than just the score, too:  Giants are arguing amonst themselves, Eli is trying to blame others for his own ineptitude, Coughlin looks about ready to blow.  BRandon Jacobs is trying to challenge a lineman to a fist fight as I write this.  Pathetic.

Giants' fans, you can flame all you want to about this, but you know as well as anyone that they cannot hold with a team of the Saints' caliber. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

All told we have learned something.

The Giants, like we saw late last season, are NOT the same team that won the SB.

No Plax.
    Broken down Jacobs.
    No Strahan.

As far as track meets go, I think it depends on matchups. If you have corners and safeties that can play man, you can stop this Saints offense. We saw this the last two weeks before this game. So much of the Gints' defense relies on pressure, and when the pressure isn't there, they don't have the depth to compete with this spread.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Manning-Plax jump-fade is missing.

The Giants have a completely different offense without that.

Eli just lobbed up two of the trademark wobblers that Plax would have had, and Manningham couldn't get to it.

At the same time, the Saints' "D" isn't that impressive considering how far ahead they have been. They are giving up yards and points.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]The Manning-Plax jump-fade is missing. The Giants have a completely different offense without that. Eli just lobbed up two of the trademark wobblers that Plax would have had, and Manningham couldn't get to it. At the same time, the Saints' "D" isn't that impressive considering how far ahead they have been. They are giving up yards and points.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about the Saints' defense.  They also just got lucky on a ghost holding call on O'Hara that prevented a TD.

I'm more concerned about the Pats' passing defense against this NO team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

[QUOTE]The Manning-Plax jump-fade is missing. The Giants have a completely different offense without that. Eli just lobbed up two of the trademark wobblers that Plax would have had, and Manningham couldn't get to it. At the same time, the Saints' "D" isn't that impressive considering how far ahead they have been. They are giving up yards and points.

Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

One of those wobblers was from a hit on the arm if we're talking about the same play anyway.

I don't think the Giants have scored in the 2nd half and their last score could have easily been an interception, the db had it and lost it right at the goal line.

I'm enjoying the Giants being exposed anyway and I picked the Saints to win. Double bonus. 

Heath Evans for 6.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints go marching in! : That team was never worthy of the praised bestowed upon them these last two years.  They are the Buster Douglas of the NFL.
    Posted by kinger56[/QUOTE]

The Giants had road wins against Pitt and AZ last year, those are your Super Bowl teams.  Also a road win at PHI and a home pasting  (30-10 I think) of Baltimore, that is the final four.  My point is you don't have one. 

After todays game the Giants are 21-6 against the NFL since the beginning of the 2007 play-offs.  That includes a OT loss at the end of the season last year in which back-ups played most of the game.

The Buster Dougless analogy is a good one though.  Buster and the Giants both showed us that much hyped "champs" weren't so tough after all. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

It would only be a matter of time before E-Lie and the Giants luck, would run out!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Blue New Jersey is a good team, not a great team.

Give the Jints credit for grabbing the brass ring when it was in front of them, but that top-ranked defense looks to have been the result of a soft early schedule.

I am tending to doubt that N'awlins is as good or Blue New Jersey as bad as both looked today.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Saints go marching in! : That team was never worthy of the praised bestowed upon them these last two years.  They are the Buster Douglas of the NFL.
    Posted by kinger56[/QUOTE]
    Really?? If you actually believe yourself, that is a called a reality problem.  They deserve your respect if for no other reason than they beat your team in the SB.

Sections
Shortcuts