1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Saints releasing Darren Sproles!!!

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I like how Graham is "disappointed" in the decision yet he is the root cause of all the cuts. 

kinda stupid there Jim

[/QUOTE]

Him and Brees. I can't believe how much money Brees is making.

[/QUOTE]

He is making as much as all the other upper echelon QB's, its simply how each team decides to pay it out against the cap. He is not making any more or any less

[/QUOTE]

Actually you are wrong again. Brees is the highest paid player in the history of the National Football League.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Woah, woah, woah

Now all of a sudden Darren Sproles is a bad player? Yes he just turned 30, but lets take a look at the amazing run this guy has had for the Saints. He has caught an unbelievable 76% of his targets in 3 years 2nd only to Jimmy Graham. He averages 75 receptions a season and another 50 carries. He just had the 2nd longest play of his career last season.

Saying he played only 40% of the snaps is a BS statistic as every other pass catching running back plays less snaps then that. Most play 20% but Sproles was actually the Saints LEAD Back in terms of playing time. He was an integral part of the Saints prolific offense and they do not have his replacement on the roster. 3.5 million??? UM.....

Sproles, Lance Moore, W Smith, R Harper, Jabari Greer, Jonathen Vilma all forced to be cut as the Saints were 15 million over the cap but oh no big deal???

I know each of us feel the need to blindly defend our positions no matter what the cost but can I get a moment of acknowledgment from Patirot fans that the Saints are in a terrible financial situation this year? 

16 86 111 710 8.3 39 7 35 0 0 2012

13 75 104 667 8.9 44 7 29 0 0 2013

15 71 89 604 8.5 48 2 24 0 0

Like every team in the NFL, they'll get below the cap.  They have to.  Then we just have to compare their roster to other rosters. Having to cut guys isn't necessarily a disaster if the guys you end up with are still good.  And not having to cut guys isn't necessarily a good thing if the guys you are keeping on your roster aren't that good.  

Every team will be back below the cap on March 11.  Some will have more guys or better guys signed than others.  And some will have more cap room to acquire additional guys than others.  But all that matters is the talent each team has on its 53-man roster when they play the real games this coming fall. How they get there isn't that big a deal. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course. Every team will get below the cap. The system is designed that way. Yet when teams like the Saints and the Cowboys go 11-5 and 8-8, are 1 and done and missing the playoffs,  then are almost 20 million over the budget, they are in a worst situation then teams that make the playoffs, go deep in the playoffs, and have an ample amount of money to sign more impact players....without cutting their big name and big money players. Yes the Saints players cut were nearing the end of the road but they just cut 6 starters or situational starers. This isn't like cutting Soap this year. 

Whatever you want to call it cap hell or poorly managed, it is way below an ideal situation to be in. Anybody think the saints are going heavy in free agency this year? Nope. Cowboys? Nope. Steelers? Nope. Do they all need to? Yep, can they ? Nope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Woah, woah, woah

Now all of a sudden Darren Sproles is a bad player? Yes he just turned 30, but lets take a look at the amazing run this guy has had for the Saints. He has caught an unbelievable 76% of his targets in 3 years 2nd only to Jimmy Graham. He averages 75 receptions a season and another 50 carries. He just had the 2nd longest play of his career last season.

Saying he played only 40% of the snaps is a BS statistic as every other pass catching running back plays less snaps then that. Most play 20% but Sproles was actually the Saints LEAD Back in terms of playing time. He was an integral part of the Saints prolific offense and they do not have his replacement on the roster. 3.5 million??? UM.....

Sproles, Lance Moore, W Smith, R Harper, Jabari Greer, Jonathen Vilma all forced to be cut as the Saints were 15 million over the cap but oh no big deal???

I know each of us feel the need to blindly defend our positions no matter what the cost but can I get a moment of acknowledgment from Patirot fans that the Saints are in a terrible financial situation this year? 

16 86 111 710 8.3 39 7 35 0 0 2012

13 75 104 667 8.9 44 7 29 0 0 2013

15 71 89 604 8.5 48 2 24 0 0

Like every team in the NFL, they'll get below the cap.  They have to.  Then we just have to compare their roster to other rosters. Having to cut guys isn't necessarily a disaster if the guys you end up with are still good.  And not having to cut guys isn't necessarily a good thing if the guys you are keeping on your roster aren't that good.  

Every team will be back below the cap on March 11.  Some will have more guys or better guys signed than others.  And some will have more cap room to acquire additional guys than others.  But all that matters is the talent each team has on its 53-man roster when they play the real games this coming fall. How they get there isn't that big a deal. 

Of course. Every team will get below the cap. The system is designed that way. Yet when teams like the Saints and the Cowboys go 11-5 and 8-8, are 1 and done and missing the playoffs,  then are almost 20 million over the budget, they are in a worst situation then teams that make the playoffs, go deep in the playoffs, and have an ample amount of money to sign more impact players....without cutting their big name and big money players. Yes the Saints players cut were nearing the end of the road but they just cut 6 starters or situational starers. This isn't like cutting Soap this year. 

Whatever you want to call it cap hell or poorly managed, it is way below an ideal situation to be in. Anybody think the saints are going heavy in free agency this year? Nope. Cowboys? Nope. Steelers? Nope. Do they all need to? Yep, can they ? Nope.

Why can't those teams just do what the Pats do and stock up on low cost guys? We think its genius that BB never "goes heavy" in free agency and that he fills his roster with cheap guys.  So if the Steelers and Cowboys and Saints do the same because of cap issues why is it a problem?  We do by choice what they are doing of necessity, but it's the same thing--building on the cheap.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to Wolf76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So the Giant fan on the Patriot board is asking why we might care about a team we don't root for?

POT: Hey kettle!

KETTLE: Yeah, what do you want Pot?

POT: You black!

LOL you beat me to it Muzz!

[/QUOTE]

Everyone is watching the hypocrisy of that turd.  It's just simply fascinating.

[/QUOTE]

hi Russ...this ur new name after ur 15th banning?

[/QUOTE]

Muzwell has a very good point, but you deflected his comment very deftly with the Rusty response to another poster.  Henrik Lundqvist would be proud of that deflection. 

And UR is supposed to be used in place of you are, not your. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to Wolf76's comment:

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So the Giant fan on the Patriot board is asking why we might care about a team we don't root for?

POT: Hey kettle!

KETTLE: Yeah, what do you want Pot?

POT: You black!

LOL you beat me to it Muzz!

Everyone is watching the hypocrisy of that turd.  It's just simply fascinating.

hi Russ...this ur new name after ur 15th banning?

Muzwell has a very good point, but you deflected his comment very deftly with the Rusty response to another poster.  Henrik Lundqvist would be proud of that deflection. 

And UR is supposed to be used in place of you are, not your. 

[/QUOTE]

I actually purposely didn't answer Muzzy because its an old subject answered oftentimes before and doing so again won't matter so I didn't bother...i deflect nothing I answer straight out and honestly when I choose to do so got it? As if Muz or you would have the brains to ever get me into a spot where i have to "deflect" anything! Highly unlikely!

its a football forum on the internet so I will use UR for your or you're if I like

shouldn't u b out practicing the bagpipes or something?Kiss

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I like how Graham is "disappointed" in the decision yet he is the root cause of all the cuts. 

kinda stupid there Jim

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He is making as much as all the other upper echelon QB's, its simply how each team decides to pay it out against the cap. He is not making any more or any less

[/QUOTE]

Actually you are wrong again. Brees is the highest paid player in the history of the National Football League.

[/QUOTE]

Go back and do your homework as you are out of your league. In the past 2 years Cutler, Flacco, Rodgers and Ryan have signed for more money with similar AAV's. Eli and Peyton are around the same AAV as Bree's as well. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/average/

May be helpful to the discussion.  If not, disregard.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/average/

May be helpful to the discussion.  If not, disregard.

[/QUOTE]

Didn't I just say exactly what Spotrac is reporting?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

kinda stupid there Jim

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Go back and do your homework as you are out of your league. In the past 2 years Cutler, Flacco, Rodgers and Ryan have signed for more money with similar AAV's. Eli and Peyton are around the same AAV as Bree's as well. 

[/QUOTE]

Are you comparing Brees AAV to Brady's? I think you might want to look the next 2 years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

kinda stupid there Jim

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you comparing Brees AAV to Brady's? I think you might want to look the next 2 years.

[/QUOTE]

never mentioned TB. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

kinda stupid there Jim

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

never mentioned TB. 

[/QUOTE]

I asked a legitimte question j@ckoff I was trying to guage the context of the discussion . You are a legend in your own mind. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Sproles could pay here if Blount and Bolden are gone . . . I'd take Ridley as the number 1 back, Vereen and Sproles as the backups and use Vereen more on the outside.  Then you get a draft pick or FA as the 4th back.  Money would be the issue but I'm sure Sproles would like to end his career with a winning team and if you could come in at 2-2.5 million/year it might be worth a two-year deal.  Look at the career Kevin Faulk had for us after age 30 (he had one fumble in 6 seasons after turning 30) . . .  yes, Sproles has more wear and tear on his body but he is a more talented back than Kevin.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

kinda stupid there Jim

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

never mentioned TB. 

[/QUOTE]

I asked a legitimte question j@ckoff I was trying to guage the context of the discussion . You are a legend in your own mind. 

[/QUOTE]

Your questions aren't legit. They are moronic and condescending, two traits that I don't care for. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

kinda stupid there Jim

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

never mentioned TB. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your questions aren't legit. They are moronic and condescending, two traits that I don't care for. 

[/QUOTE]

Condescending and moronic? Well I guess you would know seeing you have the market cornered on those types of posts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

kinda stupid there Jim

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

never mentioned TB. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Condescending and moronic? Well I guess you would know seeing you have the market cornered on those types of posts.

[/QUOTE]

Ok Rusty Jr

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

kinda stupid there Jim

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

never mentioned TB. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ok Rusty Jr

[/QUOTE]

So you insult me (not that I care) and call me "Rusty Jr"  that's pretty funny. Does that mean I have to turn in my membership card to I think TB is the GOAT club?

Sections
Shortcuts