Saints releasing Darren Sproles!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Saints releasing Darren Sproles!!!

See, there is no such thing as Cap Hell....all you have to do is release all of your players....DUH

Reports: Saints' Sproles on way out Updated: March 7, 2014, 9:45 PM ET By Mike Triplett | ESPN.com

Reports: Saints To Cut Sproles If No Trade Mike Triplett with the latest on the reports that the Saints will cut Darren Sproles if they aren't able to trade him. Tags:  NFLNew Orleans SaintsDarren Sproles NEXT VIDEO  video

The New Orleans Saints will continue their roster overhaul by releasing running back Darren Sproles if they're unable to trade him, according to multiple media reports.

More From ESPN.com

TriplettOf all the roster decisions the Saints have made, the news of Darren Sproles' pending release comes as the biggest surprise -- and could leave the biggest void, writes Mike Triplett. Blog

Sproles, 30, has been one of the Saints' most dynamic offensive weapons the past three years. His release would come as an even bigger surprise than the recent decisions to part ways with receiver Lance Moore and defensive veterans Will SmithJonathan VilmaRoman Harper and Jabari Greer.

However, Sproles' production started to dip last year, and the Saints might be banking on a steeper decline in the near future. Sproles was due to receive $3.5 million in salary and bonuses this year, the last of his contract -- all of which can be saved against the salary cap.

Sproles alluded to a potential departure from New Orleans on Twitter.

The Saints are an estimated $2 million to $4 million under the salary cap after releasing Moore on Friday. They also have been shopping running back Pierre Thomas as possible trade bait, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Sproles set the NFL record for all-purpose yards in a season with 2,696 in 2011, when he first joined the Saints as a free agent from the San Diego Chargers. During his three years in New Orleans, he has amassed 1,067 rushing yards, 1,981 receiving yards and 21 touchdowns.

However, Sproles played in only about 33 percent of the Saints' offensive snaps during the 15 games in which he was active last year. And his numbers in 2013 (220 rushing yards, 71 receptions for 604 yards, four total touchdowns) were slightly down from past years.

Both Sproles and Thomas, 29, also could be more expendable because of the emergence of younger, cheaper running backs Mark Ingram and Khiry Robinson late last season.

Sproles, one of the most dynamic all-purpose men in league history, began his career with the Chargers in 2005. The 5-foot-6, 190-pounder has 15,492 all-purpose yards in his career -- and the most in the NFL since 2007 (13,806).

Sproles' teammate Jimmy Graham wrote on Twitter that he was "disappointed" with the team's decision.

Jimmy Graham         @TheJimmyGraham Follow

"Wow unbelievable. Shocked and disappointed on everything that's gone on this offseason."

7:39 PM - 7 Mar 2014 

Graham's new contract is a big part of the Saints' current salary-cap quandary. The Saints placed the franchise tag on Graham last week, which came with a cap hit of $7.05 million. Graham is also believed to be to seeking well over $10 million per year in a long-term contract.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: Saints releasing Darren Sproles!!!

Sproles would have been an awesome addition 3 years ago.  Now, I'm not too interested in a 30 yr old 3rd down back.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

See, there is no such thing as Cap Hell....all you have to do is release all of your players....DUH

Reports: Saints' Sproles on way out Updated: March 7, 2014, 9:45 PM ET By Mike Triplett | ESPN.com

Reports: Saints To Cut Sproles If No Trade Mike Triplett with the latest on the reports that the Saints will cut Darren Sproles if they aren't able to trade him. Tags:  NFLNew Orleans SaintsDarren Sproles NEXT VIDEO  video

The New Orleans Saints will continue their roster overhaul by releasing running back Darren Sproles if they're unable to trade him, according to multiple media reports.

More From ESPN.com

TriplettOf all the roster decisions the Saints have made, the news of Darren Sproles' pending release comes as the biggest surprise -- and could leave the biggest void, writes Mike Triplett. Blog

Sproles, 30, has been one of the Saints' most dynamic offensive weapons the past three years. His release would come as an even bigger surprise than the recent decisions to part ways with receiver Lance Moore and defensive veterans Will SmithJonathan VilmaRoman Harper and Jabari Greer.

However, Sproles' production started to dip last year, and the Saints might be banking on a steeper decline in the near future. Sproles was due to receive $3.5 million in salary and bonuses this year, the last of his contract -- all of which can be saved against the salary cap.

Sproles alluded to a potential departure from New Orleans on Twitter.

The Saints are an estimated $2 million to $4 million under the salary cap after releasing Moore on Friday. They also have been shopping running back Pierre Thomas as possible trade bait, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Sproles set the NFL record for all-purpose yards in a season with 2,696 in 2011, when he first joined the Saints as a free agent from the San Diego Chargers. During his three years in New Orleans, he has amassed 1,067 rushing yards, 1,981 receiving yards and 21 touchdowns.

However, Sproles played in only about 33 percent of the Saints' offensive snaps during the 15 games in which he was active last year. And his numbers in 2013 (220 rushing yards, 71 receptions for 604 yards, four total touchdowns) were slightly down from past years.

Both Sproles and Thomas, 29, also could be more expendable because of the emergence of younger, cheaper running backs Mark Ingram and Khiry Robinson late last season.

Sproles, one of the most dynamic all-purpose men in league history, began his career with the Chargers in 2005. The 5-foot-6, 190-pounder has 15,492 all-purpose yards in his career -- and the most in the NFL since 2007 (13,806).

Sproles' teammate Jimmy Graham wrote on Twitter that he was "disappointed" with the team's decision.

Jimmy Graham         @TheJimmyGraham Follow

"Wow unbelievable. Shocked and disappointed on everything that's gone on this offseason."

7:39 PM - 7 Mar 2014 

Graham's new contract is a big part of the Saints' current salary-cap quandary. The Saints placed the franchise tag on Graham last week, which came with a cap hit of $7.05 million. Graham is also believed to be to seeking well over $10 million per year in a long-term contract.

why the hell do u and fans here care about the Saints? They suddenly a rival or in ur division?

btw a very RUSTY like post...VERY...hmmmm

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

So the Giant fan on the Patriot board is asking why we might care about a team in the other conference that we don't root for?

POT: Hey kettle!

KETTLE: Yeah, what do you want Pot?

POT: You black!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Saints won a championship much more recently than we have. They have at least as much to teach us about winning in the modern NFL as we have to teach them. 

Rusty messes this up all the time, but it's hard to win a "cap hell" argument citing teams that won a champsionhip in the process. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Jints, see my response to you in my thread...to repeat it, you of all people should not question people's interests in other teams, and the Patriots aren't doing much at the moment. Seeing as the Saints are in the NFL, there is no issue with this.

Anyways, Sproles should have no trouble finding another team if he doesn't come back to the Saints. He's a very good 3rd down back.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

So the Giant fan on the Patriot board is asking why we might care about a team we don't root for?

LOL you beat me to it Muzz!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

So the Giant fan on the Patriot board is asking why we might care about a team we don't root for?

Piling on is good too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I like how Graham is "disappointed" in the decision yet he is the root cause of all the cuts. 

kinda stupid there Jim

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Wolf76's comment:

Everyone is watching the hypocrisy of that turd.  It's just simply fascinating.

hi Russ...this ur new name after ur 15th banning?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This must mean salary cap hell!! Cutting a 30 year old running back in decline (as the article states)...oh the horror! Bawahaha!

Sorry homer truechamp, but this is the NFL business landscape....business as usual. Old players get moved out to sign bigger, better young one's. I'm sure the Saints would rather keep Jimmy Graham - they used Sproles while he was young and good...they've won their Super Bowl...they're back to making the playoffs and if it weren't for Seattle and San Fran they might of won another one.

Salary cap hell...soooo scary. If Sproles was a year older we might be interested in signing him, he could sit on the IR with Adrian Wilson.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Him or Vereen....

Back to defense...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

This must mean salary cap hell!! Cutting a 30 year old running back in decline (as the article states)...oh the horror! Bawahaha!

Sorry homer truechamp, but this is the NFL business landscape....business as usual. Old players get moved out to sign bigger, better young one's. I'm sure the Saints would rather keep Jimmy Graham - they used Sproles while he was young and good...they've won their Super Bowl...they're back to making the playoffs and if it weren't for Seattle and San Fran they might of won another one.

Salary cap hell...soooo scary. If Sproles was a year older we might be interested in signing him, he could sit on the IR with Adrian Wilson.

more than a homer TC is maybe a notch below ol' Russ in the "Bellichick is God" club...and he uses el queeno's silly "cap hell" argument all the time...i did wonder aloud here on BDC more than once if TC=Rusty...i don't think so but u gotta wonder

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Jints, see my response to you in my thread...to repeat it, you of all people should not question people's interests in other teams, and the Patriots aren't doing much at the moment. Seeing as the Saints are in the NFL, there is no issue with this.

Anyways, Sproles should have no trouble finding another team if he doesn't come back to the Saints. He's a very good 3rd down back.

I responded back

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You're a moron.  Renting Graham for one year and losing leverage is why they're releasing TWO key RBs the Saints counted on.

Sproles was also paid millions to transform their offense.  Very good scatback, one of the best, but what did it do? Loomis overpaid and he got caught, which is why he's paying for it now.

Jimmy Graham has their franchise by the balls with Brees and you're trying to mock the people who get this?

LOL!

How many more times do I have to remind, Mr. Inbred, that the reason why these teams lose control of their roster is because it was never built right or the GM made big mistakes, whether it be in the draft, FA or overpaying on the market?

Are you seriously thi stupid, still?  How can you be this dumb and be a teacher?  

This is not a mirage.   NOs was forced to release these guys due to cap hell. I mentioned Lance Moore's name on here recently because I knew he was due and they were in a cap hell.

Voila.

You're one of the biggest phonies here. Every other team has the bestest players of all time, BB is a moron and missed out and somehow when those teams release those players before they'd like to, there is no cap hell, it's just a minor tweak to the roster.

What a fraud you are.

You got banned again and I'm the moron? LOL! What did you do this time dumbo?

And the Saints are a bad franchise? A dumb franchise? How many Super Bowls have they won since we won our last one? How did they even find a tightend like Graham? Or acquire a quarterback like Brees? Or sign a running back like Sproles (while he was young) in the first place? A lot better job than signing a washed up Fred Taylor or Joseph Addai...I'll tell you that much. And to top it all off we let Woodhead walk for pennies as our fine China second round soon to be bust Vareen gets injured game after game, after game. And let's not even go there with one year wonder fumble boy Ridley. Sorry, but it's all true.

You don't get football. You sit there and praise guys like Patrick Chung and Spikes..even start a real American hero thread on Spikes five minutes before BB benches him on the IR and then Spikes comes out today saying basically that they both hate eachother. Dumb.

Tell me, do you have to wait in line for oxycodone? Or do they just rush you to the front in fear that you'll start talking about sports? Vitamin D rusty!! That's all you need bud! Stay off the hard stuff.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

I like how Graham is "disappointed" in the decision yet he is the root cause of all the cuts. 

kinda stupid there Jim

Cap hell. Tried to warn.  I just can't do it enough apparently. Called it a mile away.

They can't trade those guys because teams know, due to cap hell, Loomis has no leverage.  Hence, the cuts.  The amount of times I get mocked here and then be right, is beyond comical. I just sit back and enjoy even after a fresh banning for no reason yet again.

So, they teamswait for the cut and pluck the player. 

I literally just read a post from Mt Hurl earlier today which actually said NFL teams "print money" which means there is no cap hell. It's the strangest thing. Someone so dumb tries to lecture people far more intelligent than he is. He doesn't get how much revenue the league takes in has nothing to do with the cap.   I have no idea why he struggles with this, or RKrap and their group, but they do. Maybe it's inbreeding. I don't know. Either way, I don't want them voting.

Just think, Joe...He's in his 40s and you're 1000 times smarter than he is, and you're only 17. lmao

Bawahaha! Just a week ago someone told you the NFL salary cap limit was set by a revenue formula and you said..."nah". That's what you said! LOL! I'm speechless at your ability to not know what you are talking about and lie about it. It's amazing...no wonder you keep coming back here after being banned a 1000 times and being made fun of daily...it's because you are insane. That and just a basic lack of milk at birth.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

kinda stupid there Jim

Him and Brees. I can't believe how much money Brees is making.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

more than a homer TC is maybe a notch below ol' Russ in the "Bellichick is God" club...and he uses el queeno's silly "cap hell" argument all the time...i did wonder aloud here on BDC more than once if TC=Rusty...i don't think so but u gotta wonder

Ahhhhh the satisfaction of being called a homer by 2 guys who's sole mission on this board is to bash the Patriots! Laughing

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Sproles and Graham were the basis of the Saints' offense, Graham was constantly taken out of the offense last year. Next year, the Saints offense is not going to be elite.

Sections
Shortcuts