Saints Still marching?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Saints Still marching?

We all know how the saints play for a region and that natural disasters just make them that much better. Well, i think the gulf oil spill is going to put them over the top this coming season and that they will almost certainly repeat

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Saints Still marching?

In Response to Saints Still marching?:
    We all know how the saints play for a region and that natural disasters just make them that much better. Well, i think the gulf oil spill is going to put them over the top this coming season and that they will almost certainly repeat
    Posted by sirpinochle

You may be right, but for a few decades, the Saints were the natural disaster, so history isn't with you. Besides, it's very hard to repeat in today's NFL...in fact what franchise was the last team to do so...hmm, the name escapes me!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Saints had everything going for them last season, but they won't repeat. Their offense is top tier, but the defense is mediocre, at best. The only time the Saints defense caught my eye last year was against the Pats. 

The Vikings are my favorite in the NFC to get the big dance, then the Packers, and 9ers!

Add to the fact that Katrina happened in 2006, but the Saints won it in 2009 makes me believe that maybe the Saints might win one in 2013. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

This is not to say that the Saints are not an elite team, but it took a bushel and a peck of turnovers (and that ol' Favre Magic) to get them by Minnesota, and P. Manning was up to his old tricks once again in the Big Game. Now, I suppose you could counter that defenses create turnovers, and that while that is certainly true, it's my guess that everything simply came together at the right time for N'awlins last season. It's possible that could happen again, but the NFC isn't the collection of misfits anymore that it has been in recent years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

Too many Teams on the rise in the NFC this year.

Vikings, Packers, Cowboys, Eagles, 49ers, Falcons & Giants.

This is not the NFC of the early years post 2000.

The Saints D will need to keep up that turnover pace that it maintained last season.   Without a huge advantage in give away/Take away, the Saints D - slightly better than average.  Their ball hawking masked that unit's weaknesses.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

They'll be good, but I think they'll have a falling off. I see them in the NFC Championship though

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

I was just mocking the stupid self-righteousness of the saints who pretended like the success of their team had anything to do with hurricaine katrina.... Really i don't concern myself with nfc happenings. This coming season i will closely follow 8 afc teams: colts, patriots, jets, dolphins, steelers, ravens, chargers, chiefs (the chiefs because they are closest geographically, the others because they are the likeliest contenders for the afc championship)
    watching interviews with brees i'm struck by how stupid he seems
    do you think my top 8- other than the chiefs- is accurate? of those not listed who do you consider potential contenders

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

How dare you question the Saints and thier ...well sainthood.  They are down in NO toiling away for a measley few million dollars so they can help those whose lives have been wrecked by Katrina.  Now some may say that the fact that the Saints were willing to pay more than other teams shows that it was less a calling to help the cause and more like a bit of circumstance that put the players there.  You might even point out that maybe the thing that people with no homes need is not a winning local team but something more like.. I don't know- a home.  And then there is that the SB occured a not so timely 5 years after Katrina so it seems that we are retrofitting the SB to feel like a response to Katrina instead of a completely unrelated event.  But that would be pessimistic and hateful and only someone that hates New Orleans (and black people) would say that.  Clearly the Hurricane led to the SB, and the SB eased NO suffering.  The people of NO should thank George Bush and his hurricane machine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I see the Saints as being good enough to win the division. There only real competition this year will come from Atlanta. Have them going 10-6 and losing in the 2nd round of the playoffs this year, with Green Bay going to the Super Bowl in the NFC.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Green Bay appears to be becoming a trendy pick in the NFC, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how they're going to get by Minnesota if they can't protect Mr. Rodgers any better than they did last season. On paper, I'm not seeing much reason to believe their offensives line is going to be any better -- of course, that could just be the residual effect of being surrounded by so many Vikings fans.

As for the Katrina thing: Television loves a "feel good" story, and if there isn't one ready-made to attach to whichever team is the current media darling (along with the Colts), the networks will happily invent one, or, as pinochle shrewdly points out, retrofit an existing story.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Saints Still marching?:
    Green Bay appears to be becoming a trendy pick in the NFC, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how they're going to get by Minnesota if they can't protect Mr. Rodgers any better than they did last season. On paper, I'm not seeing much reason to believe their offensives line is going to be any better -- of course, that could just be the residual effect of being surrounded by so many Vikings fans. As for the Katrina thing: Television loves a "feel good" story, and if there isn't one ready-made to attach to whichever team is the current media darling (along with the Colts), the networks will happily invent one, or, as pinochle shrewdly points out, retrofit an existing story.
    Posted by p-mike

Their o-line had a lot of injuries in the beginning of the season. Thus they started out 4-4 with 37 given up sacks. Over the last 8 games with a healthy offensive line they went 7-1 only giving up 13 sacks. So health of OLine then add a #1 pick should only make it better. Plus I don't see Favre duplicating last years success in Minny.

Sections
Shortcuts