Salary Cap after Revis??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Salary Cap after Revis??

Can someone explain how the salary cap is looking now that they have Revis for 12mil. I know they were in good shape before the signing but do they still have enough for rookies/free agents? In particular does this mean that Wilfork will have to restructure or be cut? Appreciate it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Salary Cap after Revis??

I was just looking at that. I see 16.8 in room before talib. 4.8 after, with probable cuts to kelly, adrian wilson, and connoly to save 6 million. Plus probably VW extension to save at least 5 million, amd DMC extension to save 2 million.  I am thinking around 16 to 17 million after Talib without losing much of the roster and gaining one of the best corners in nfl history. 

Just another day for one of the best GM's in the free agent / salary cap era.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to KillaCam2010's comment:

Can someone explain how the salary cap is looking now that they have Revis for 12mil. I know they were in good shape before the signing but do they still have enough for rookies/free agents? In particular does this mean that Wilfork will have to restructure or be cut? Appreciate it.

That entire 12 mil is bonus money, which allows it to be spread out over the length of the contract to help the cap hit this year.  BB is a genius.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

[/QUOTE]

That entire 12 mil is bonus money, which allows it to be spread out over the length of the contract to help the cap hit this year.  BB is a genius.

[/QUOTE]
    How does that help since it is only a one year deal?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to MileHighMike's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Someone is eating from sour grapes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]
    That entire 12 mil is bonus money, which allows it to be spread out over the length of the contract to help the cap hit this year.  BB is a genius. [/QUOTE]
    You must be MileHIGH right now because this post makes no sense...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ignore him, he's a Jets troll disguised as a Denver troll.

The Pats were 15.6 million under the cap.  They released Sopoaga to save 3.1, so after Revis they should be at around 6.7.  They'll need to cut/restructure/extend  some veterans (A. Wilson, Connolley, Kelly, Wilfork, Gostkowski) if they want to continue to be players in free agency, which they were likely planning on doing anyways.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The Pats were 15.6 million under the cap.  They released Sopoaga to save 3.1, so after Revis they should be at around 6.7.  They'll need to cut/restructure/extend  some veterans (A. Wilson, Connolley, Kelly, Wilfork, Gostkowski) if they want to continue to be players in free agency, which they were likely planning on doing anyways.

[/QUOTE]

Easily looking at 17 million in space after Revis. 4.5 to rookies, carry over 4, and we have 9 million to sign some value guys. A TE, a receiver and a DT would be my preference.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was just looking at that. I see 16.8 in room before talib. 4.8 after, with probable cuts to kelly, adrian wilson, and connoly to save 6 million. Plus probably VW extension to save at least 5 million, amd DMC extension to save 2 million.  I am thinking around 16 to 17 million after Talib without losing much of the roster and gaining one of the best corners in nfl history. 

[/QUOTE]

Really, just a short while ago,(like last week) you were apposed to high dollar signing, stating volume, low cost players is the way to go.  Too risky...eggs in a basket...  bb's way is the bestest........blablabla

And when  I suggested to you that all those above named players would probably be cut, you called me bad things.  Now you're saying they will be cut to create cap?  The same thing I said.

tsk tsk

The, wishy washy, bend which ever way the wind blows, hypocrites are out in full force tonight.

Is there a full moon?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Really, just a short while ago,(like last week) you were apposed to high dollar signing, stating volume, low cost players is the way to go.  Too risky...eggs in a basket...  bb's way is the bestest........blablabla

And when  I suggested to you that all those above named players would probably be cut, you called me bad things.  Now you're saying they will be cut to create cap?  The same thing I said.

tsk tsk

The, wishy washy, bend which ever way the wind blows, hypocrites are out in full force tonight.

Is there a full moon?

Considering I was one of the 1st on here about a week ago explaining how the revis deal was actually feasible then you are wrong....but that is no surprise. 

BB has built his annual super bowl contenders through the draft,  he extends his core players to big contracts because they have already proven they fit his system. He then supplements his roster through value free agents while other tesms get desperate and hand out huge contracts to above average players who might not even fit their system.

BB then every other year or so pulls the trigger on a deal that will net him some of the best players in the league. Guys like Rodney Harrison, Colvin, Dillion, Moss, Welker, Stalworth,  Adalius, Talib, and now Revis. Some of these guys will go down as the best at their position in nfl history or close to it. BB has never been afraid to pull the trigger, he just uses calculated risks to maintain financial accountability.  This allows him to field a contender every year while all 31 other teams fizzle out after their shopping sprees. 

You have been wrong about pretty much everything you have ever said on this board and until you admit that and write a letter of apology to your 3x Super Bowl champion coach, you should not be allowed back on this forum.

We will await your apology.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MattC05's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Easily looking at 17 million in space after Revis. 4.5 to rookies, carry over 4, and we have 9 million to sign some value guys. A TE, a receiver and a DT would be my preference.

[/QUOTE]

17 mil?  How many players would that leave on the roster? 8-10?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

Just another day for one of the best GM's in the free agent / salary cap era

[/QUOTE]

nah we've been thru this 100 times Champ (Rusty?): stumbled on Brady and coaches in a semi pro division...can't draft pass rusher, WR or CB/S

great DC great HC mediocre GM

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

tsk tsk

Is there a full moon?

Considering I was one of the 1st on here about a week ago explaining how the revis deal was actually feasible then you are wrong....but that is no surprise. 

Due to your weak C

haracter I doubt you will understand any of this but here goes..

BB has built his annual super bowl contenders through the draft,  he extends his core players to big contracts because they have already proven they fit his system. He then supplements his roster through value free agents while other tesms get desperate and hand out huge contracts to above average players who might not even fit their system.

BB then every other year or so pulls the trigger on a deal that will net him some of the best players in the league. Guys like Rodney Harrison, Colvin, Dillion, Moss, Welker, Stalworth,  Adalius, Talib, and now Revis. Some of these guys will go down as the best at their position in nfl history or close to it. BB has never been afraid to pull the trigger, he just uses calculated risks to maintain financial accountability.  This allows him to field a contender every year while all 31 other teams fizzle out after their shopping sprees. 

You have been wrong about pretty much everything you have ever said on this board and until you admit that and write a letter of apology to your 3x Super Bowl champion coach, you should not be allowed back on this forum.

We will await your apology.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like you are the wrong one, d00sh.

Value, Value, Value..we must have it.   It works, we come in 2nd and 3rd and 4th most years,  Yea!  We don't need no high priced FAs, we're the bestest without them! 

Yup, that was you.

What you posted was just another change of the wind.  Swish, Swish, Swish

Prove anything I've ever said as wrong.  Go ahead, DO IT!

You hypocrite bb ball washers crack me up.  He's god until he isn't.  Oh, ya and then he is.

He's perfect until he says most runs are in the 4th and there's no Dillion here, then he's kidding.  He didn't mean it.  You all are taking it out of context!  LOL   Yup, that's you.

Try being consistent instead of bi-BB ball washer.

You're worse than a drag queen in a shoe store and change your mind as much as their wigs..  Bond, brunette or red head?  How about purple?  It matches your shoes.....  Or green to match your mood.  How about, yellow, yellow, kiss a fellow?

You're banished until you write a letter to the board and apologize for being such a queen. 

Or is it Queeny?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kyle-Cleric. Show Kyle-Cleric's posts

W/o Hoomanawanui and Revis, we had just under 18m. Revis will cost about 11.5m and Hoomanawanui no more than .5M so probably around 6m currently. Lots more can be done to create cap room. Also remember real cap costs of drafted players is generally in the 1-2m range because of the top 51 rule.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Very good signing. 

I was hoping BB would go back aggressively into free agency, he definitely shied away from this after Adalius T but happy to see that he realized sometimes you pay the premium and get the best talent.

This is very good and pleased Revis wants to play here, that speaks volumes. Well done BB - credit where it's due.