salary cap hell, huh?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: salary cap hell, huh?

Pitta is hardly Jimmy Graham or Gronk. Second the Ravens still have trouble on the O line unless Pitta is prepared to play LT. I think Ozzie restructuring Suggs is a sign that some creative accounting has to be done to make some things work for the Ravens.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

His story is not legit at all. I;ve already told you, Joe. His fake/awkward story is so forced because he wants people to believe he joined a year prior to the first SB in 2001, so he came up with that story about him being a Browns fan in Texas and his loyalty to BB when BB was in Cleveland.  If he says I became a fan in 2001, he comes off like a true bandwagoner, which he is anyway.

I just think he came on board in 2007 when the offense exploded and he started to join the bandwagon so he could be a fan who could say he was there when NE went 19-0.

But his story  makes no sense. Schottenheimer had more success in Cleveland than BB did for chrissakes, so why didn't TFB12 become a Chiefs fan and follow Schottenheimer.  He also has this awkard "I stopped watching football from 1996-1999" story as well. How convenient. Or, what an awakrd lie he was caught in. Yep.

BB was all but lynched in Cleveland as a scapegoat but somehow TFB12 remained a loyal BB fan above all until BB got a second head coaching job in 2000?

Please. That is the most awkard and forced backstory in the history of mankind. It's clearly a made up story. Clearly.

Anyone who believes him is a moron to the nth degree.

[/QUOTE]

Your made up stories and the way you twist facts to fit your agendas are not only comical but quite frankly sad and pathetic.  To think you have to do that in order to feel better about yourself or superior to others paints a pretty accurate picture of your pathetic life.

I have explained to you numerous times, probably more the 10 times of how I became a Pats fan.  And still, you twist and turn and lie about it after each time.  Rusty, you are pathetic!  Plain and simple.

You know your little spin on how I became a browns fan is a total lie.  Imagine that!  And no, I really don't think Browns fans cared much for Schottenheimer when he left the Browns.  They were pretty happy to see him leave.  They were pretty much opening the door to push him out.  They were tired of his failures.  Big time choker, too conservative.  It followed him to the Chiefs and then to San Diego. 

And what really gets me about this whole thing is you have told this forum numerous times that you have a photographic memory, LMAO, yet you can't get my story correct and you don't seem to be able to recall all the times I have bashed Brian Schottenheimer over the years here, saying he his terrible as an OC, that he is just like his Dad, Marty, a choker and way too conservative when he was with the jets and that is why he isn't a head coach.  So which is it?  Are you lying about my story or your photographic memory, or both?

OUCH!  Just more lies I have caught you in and called you out on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

haha I gotchu Russ I know you've told me it but I want to hear TFB's side just to give him a say here

LMAO!  Well if you haven't figured out by now that Rusty is a pathological liar, and that you believe what he says here then I feel pretty bad for you.  You need to wise up, hope you are not easily mislead in real life as you seem to be here.

Maybe take some note from this, it just might help you out.

HOW TO SPOT A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR:

This person may not be completely rooted in reality, believing the lies they tell, often in an effort to remedy low self esteem. Unlike telling a few fibs here and there, or slightly exaggerating the truth once in a while, the pathological liar lies about literally every aspect of his or her life.  The pathological liar feels that every bit of communication has strategic meaning positioned for his or her gain.

Step 1:

Understand what a pathological liar is. Basically, a pathological liar is someone who tells lies habitually, chronically and compulsively. It has simply become a way of life for this person, to make up things for a variety of reasons and eventually, the truth becomes uncomfortable while weaving whoppers feels right to them. This kind of lying tends to develop early on in life, often as a response to difficult home or school situations that seemed to resolve better if the child lied. It's a bad habit, not a manipulative trait––this is how to differentiate a pathological liar from a sociopath who does seek to manipulate.

Step 2:

Determine whether the person’s details and information comes across as consistent every time they tell a story. Find an easy, run-of-the-mill story, such as what the person had for dinner last night. They may tell you pasta and broccoli, but then may tell you and/or others that lobster and champagne was involved. Details and information will constantly change and evolve.

• Compare and contrast both big and small details. From the number of people in the liar’s story to the actual storyline itself, recall what has changed and how often the details have changed in the story.
    • Keep tally of the cast of characters involved in the story. If, for example, suddenly the third time the story is told, the cops show up, you have to start wondering if he or she is telling the full truth.
    • Recall the frequency of the lies. Pathological liars will lie consistently, which is one thing you can count on––they will lie all the time. Conduct a non-scientific experiment and inquire about certain aspects of the person’s life everyday. Choose something random like what the person ate for dinner or watched on TV the evening before. Ask the person the same question throughout the day to see if it changes––play into the lie by either getting excited or showing intrigue when the person embellishes the story. Don't give away that you've heard a different answer before.

Step 3:

Compare stories with mutual friends of both you and the person you suspect of being a pathological liar, to determine if the story has changed or reshaped to accommodate certain personalities. Certain details may be morphed to create drama or draw attention to the liar.

• Trying to pit friends/family members against each other. If the liar was involved in an argument he or she may change the details so that he or she looks better. Also, he or she may involve other parties, making up information about the other party in order to get more people on his or her side.
    • Trying to avoid trouble. If the liar has done something wrong, he or she will do whatever is necessary to avoid blame––that means fabricating a story and/or pinning culpability on another person.
    • Fabricating a lie in order to gain attention. The main goal with many pathological liars is to gain positive notoriety. From being bored to having low self esteem, the pathological liar’s goal is to look better than everyone else, so that people pay attention and worship their accomplishments.

Step 4:

Consider whether the person is lying to gain attention. Part of the reason the pathological liar feels compelled to lie is because he or she may feel as though being in the spotlight has eluded them. This person feels that he or she should be the center of everyone’s universe and will do what he or she can to make it happen. Upon tasting the spotlight, it becomes self-reinforcing and the lies grow bigger each time just to keep on being the center of attention. Here are some possibilities:

• Sympathy attention. The pathological liar feels that his or her problems are paramount to what everyone else is experiencing. From a paper cut to being admonished by a boss or teacher, the pathological liar runs around telling his or her story to anyone and everyone, exaggerating the details to ridiculous proportions in order to gain sympathy from anyone within earshot.
    • Wants to feel important. The pathological liar is the king or queen of the “one upper.” Whatever accomplishment you’ve achieved, they done it better. This person always has to feel superior to you at all times, no matter if it’s in the professional or personal arena.
    • Feels bored. Unfortunately, because this person’s life is not rooted in reality, he or she may become easily bored if drama is not swirling around his or her head. As a result, lies may be fabricated in order to amuse or entertain this person, which unfortunately means that other people become involved and possibly hurt as a result.
    • Insecurity. Low self esteem is one of the biggest reasons why people become pathological liars. Whether they consciously recognize it or not, a pathological liar feels that he or she is not important enough as they are so they must make up accomplishments or events to position themselves as worthy.

Step 5:

Look to whether the person has an addiction or secret habits that are potentially harmful. Pathological lying can arise in tandem with wanting to hide an alcoholic or drug addiction, an obsession with doing something too much such as spending time online or gaming, or in relation to a medical condition such as bulimia or anorexia. Therapy, group counseling and other professional interventions are important for such people but it may help you to better understand such lying if you know about the motivation behind it.

• Part of the therapy needs to address compulsive lying. A compulsive liar can be changed.
    • There may be other personality disorders at issue, such as narcissistic personality disorder, bipolar disorder or borderline personality disorder.

Step 6:

Examine the person’s reaction when they're busted in a lie. The worst thing that can happen to a pathological liar is to be busted for telling the lie.

• Extreme defensiveness. Expect the person to become extremely defensive, doing whatever he or she can to pin blame on someone else.
    • Quickly fabricating another lie to cover up the original fib. The pathological liar will start the cover-up process quickly to ensure that their reputation remains in tact. This may include a bigger lie than the original fib––which may be quite apparent.
    • Vindictive and may seek revenge. Rage and anger may be another reaction stemming from being “outed”, so expect possible retaliation or vindictive behavior. Alternatively, they may feel upset that they have been caught in the act by someone who cares for them and have a tearful meltdown.

Step 7:

Determine if the person lives in reality. The pathological liar is one who typically does not live in reality and has trouble maintaining any consistency in his or her life. Some signs include:

• Wandering from job to job. He or she may not be able to hold down a job for a long amount of time due to either being busted for lying or not being able to handle day-to-day mundane tasks because of bluffing their way into the job.
    • Can’t hold a steady relationship. Romantic and interpersonal relationships often fail––this person will typically have a love of his or her life or a best friend for a few months and then will suddenly no longer have contact with that person. Between lies and unrealistic expectations, the pathological liar can often attract a bevy of new relationships but has trouble maintaining them.
    • May be estranged from family. After years of being lied to, family members may not be very supportive or close to this individual.

There you go kid, hope it helps.  I underlined those areas that particularly fits rusty to a T.

The Dude is a pathological liar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think the teams we've brought to the playoffs since the 2009 season have been all that good.  Great QB, great coaching, but serious holes in talent.  That's why we were embarassed at home by the Ravens in 2009, beaten at home by the Jets of all teams in 2010, nearly beaten at home by the Ravens in 2011 and then beaten by a mediocre Giants team in the Super Bowl, beaten badly at home by the Ravens in 2012, and beaten badly by the Broncos on the road last year. Now injuries have played a role just about every year, but this team has been vulnerable to key injuries because the talent just hasn't been good or deep in too many positions.  A few key injuries, and the team greatly declines in competitiveness. 

Now I said at the beginning of last season that I thought the team was as talented as it had been since 2007.  I still feel that way.  I think we're finally on the upswing, especially on defense.  However, this doesn't mean we didn't have some holes in 2013 that came back to bite us.  There were two in particular:

Interior defensive line.  Most of us knew we were vulnerable there.  Sure, Wilfork and Kelly were both good players.  But both are getting old.  Wilfork has been on the field for too many snaps in recent years because of the lack of talent around him.  Many of us were worried he was due to breakdown.  Relying on Kelly (also old) and Armstead (known health issues) seemed risky.  We can say it was bad luck that both Wilfork and Kelly were hurt and Armstead didn't play, but it wasn't just bad luck.  The risk was clear right at the beginning of the season and the risk materialized.  We didn't have a good insurance plan to protect against a fairly obvious risk.

Similarly, we haven't done a good job building our WR corp.  This has been a problem since 2009 and we continue not to get it right.  With Gronk and Hern, we are fine because the TEs compensate for the lack of quality WRs.  But Hern was a character risk and Gronk an injury one and we had no back up plan for losing them.  Bad luck that Hern went to jail and Gronk got hurt for the third year in a row?  Maybe, but the risks were clear and they materialized and we had no back up plan.  We let Welker go, we didn't keep Lloyd, and we just had untested rookies, an injury prone free agent (who, surprise, got injured), and Edelman.  We left ourselves vulnerable and got burned.  Is that just bad luck or is it bad planning?  If you live on a mountainside in California and don't buy insurance against fires and mudslides is it just bad luck when you lose everything you own?  The risk was a known one, so maybe you should have bought insurance . . . 

The secondary now seems to be coming together, but prior to last year it was a similar mess.  We never had a plan for replacing Asante Samuel.  On the D line we let Seymour go (maybe not a bad decision) but did we have a plan to rebuild with anything other than duct tape and paper clips?

These decisions have their consequences and they've left us with teams that can make the playoffs, but aren't all that competitive once they are in, except against fairly lame teams (Tebow's Broncos, the Texans, the Colts).  I appreciate what the Pats have done, producing winning seasons year after year, but I also have not seen a team that going into the playoffs I felt very good about.  Last year's team without the injuries would have been an exception, but the injuries are part of the game and the positions where they hurt the most (DT and WR/TE) were positions where the risks were evident before the season started. Not addressing those risks adequately left us particularly vulnerable when the risks materialized. 

[/QUOTE]

Funny. I don't see ONE comment in here about Tom Brady being worse year after year.

Finally, you pretending BB has to have backups the same caliber as his starters is an atrocious display of irrational behavior. No NFL team has quality players s good or better on the bench, otherwise they'd be starting, moron.  

The whole reason why the team didn't go 10-6 or 9-7 was because of that depth and the gutty character of those players who stepped up as rookies or 2nd year players.  From Jones, to Collins, to Logan Ryan, the Ryan Allen, to Dobson and Thompkins, it was an impressive display of backups stepping up to help.

You're a disgusting, entitled fan that is a big reason why our fanbase sucks nowadays.

I have never seen a team go 12-4, jobbed of 2 wins at the whistle on the road, with all those kinds of injuries losing by a measly 10 points in the title game like that. I was very proud of what they did against all that adversity.

So was BB for that matter. He was all but gushing in the press at the end of the season.

You're a disgrace and so is Brady lately in the postseason as he rushes off with Giselle to put up that drawbridge in LA.

[/QUOTE]

Bravo Sierra Russ. Just because someone doesn't criticize Brady doesn't make the post any less legit.

i think Pro is right on here. Yes, you can't afford to have depth players the same caliber as your starters...everyone understands that. However, that's not the point. You as you always do read what you want. That is atrocious, maybe a sign of dimentia?

the point is, you can point to the injuries at DT and TE last year as coincidence...which you do because you are a bb apologist. However, picking those combo of players with known issues, age factors is upping your risk something could go wrong. And, when it did, there was nothing behind them. I think it was a poor risk mitigation strategy bb had and it came back to bite him.  Big time. i would also argue if not for Brady last year, we wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs. Not with the team we put out there. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

so no surprise here, rusty lied about the story lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Pay special attention to these...

Trying to pit friends/family members against each other. If the liar was involved in an argument he or she may change the details so that he or she looks better. Also, he or she may involve other parties, making up information about the other party in order to get more people on his or her side.

Pretty much what he does here with other forum members

This person feels that he or she should be the center of everyone’s universe and will do what he or she can to make it happen. Upon tasting the spotlight, it becomes self-reinforcing and the lies grow bigger each time just to keep on being the center of attention.

Rusty gets involved in anything and everything on this forum.  Has to be the center of attention.

Wants to feel important. The pathological liar is the king or queen of the “one upper.” Whatever accomplishment you’ve achieved, they done it better. This person always has to feel superior to you at all times, no matter if it’s in the professional or personal arena.

Yep, that's Rusty! The "one upper."  Better then everyone else.

Pathological lying can arise in tandem with wanting to hide an alcoholic or drug addiction, an obsession with doing something too much such as spending time online or gaming.

Has admitted on here that he get's drunk and posts on here.  Obsession with spending too much time online (this forum 90+ posts a day) LOL!

Extreme defensiveness. Expect the person to become extremely defensive, doing whatever he or she can to pin blame on someone else.

Quickly fabricating another lie to cover up the original fib. The pathological liar will start the cover-up process quickly to ensure that their reputation remains in tact. This may include a bigger lie than the original fib––which may be quite apparent.

Vindictive and may seek revenge. Rage and anger may be another reaction stemming from being “outed”, so expect possible retaliation or vindictive behavior.

Fits Rusty like a glove!

Wandering from job to job.

Kind of like a 1099 recipient, he says he is an outside contractor. TEARS!!

Can’t hold a steady relationship. Romantic and interpersonal relationships often fail

I don't think he has ever had one!  More Tears!!

OMG!  Rusty, you need some help!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't think the teams we've brought to the playoffs since the 2009 season have been all that good.  Great QB, great coaching, but serious holes in talent.  That's why we were embarassed at home by the Ravens in 2009, beaten at home by the Jets of all teams in 2010, nearly beaten at home by the Ravens in 2011 and then beaten by a mediocre Giants team in the Super Bowl, beaten badly at home by the Ravens in 2012, and beaten badly by the Broncos on the road last year. Now injuries have played a role just about every year, but this team has been vulnerable to key injuries because the talent just hasn't been good or deep in too many positions.  A few key injuries, and the team greatly declines in competitiveness. 

Now I said at the beginning of last season that I thought the team was as talented as it had been since 2007.  I still feel that way.  I think we're finally on the upswing, especially on defense.  However, this doesn't mean we didn't have some holes in 2013 that came back to bite us.  There were two in particular:

Interior defensive line.  Most of us knew we were vulnerable there.  Sure, Wilfork and Kelly were both good players.  But both are getting old.  Wilfork has been on the field for too many snaps in recent years because of the lack of talent around him.  Many of us were worried he was due to breakdown.  Relying on Kelly (also old) and Armstead (known health issues) seemed risky.  We can say it was bad luck that both Wilfork and Kelly were hurt and Armstead didn't play, but it wasn't just bad luck.  The risk was clear right at the beginning of the season and the risk materialized.  We didn't have a good insurance plan to protect against a fairly obvious risk.

Similarly, we haven't done a good job building our WR corp.  This has been a problem since 2009 and we continue not to get it right.  With Gronk and Hern, we are fine because the TEs compensate for the lack of quality WRs.  But Hern was a character risk and Gronk an injury one and we had no back up plan for losing them.  Bad luck that Hern went to jail and Gronk got hurt for the third year in a row?  Maybe, but the risks were clear and they materialized and we had no back up plan.  We let Welker go, we didn't keep Lloyd, and we just had untested rookies, an injury prone free agent (who, surprise, got injured), and Edelman.  We left ourselves vulnerable and got burned.  Is that just bad luck or is it bad planning?  If you live on a mountainside in California and don't buy insurance against fires and mudslides is it just bad luck when you lose everything you own?  The risk was a known one, so maybe you should have bought insurance . . . 

The secondary now seems to be coming together, but prior to last year it was a similar mess.  We never had a plan for replacing Asante Samuel.  On the D line we let Seymour go (maybe not a bad decision) but did we have a plan to rebuild with anything other than duct tape and paper clips?

These decisions have their consequences and they've left us with teams that can make the playoffs, but aren't all that competitive once they are in, except against fairly lame teams (Tebow's Broncos, the Texans, the Colts).  I appreciate what the Pats have done, producing winning seasons year after year, but I also have not seen a team that going into the playoffs I felt very good about.  Last year's team without the injuries would have been an exception, but the injuries are part of the game and the positions where they hurt the most (DT and WR/TE) were positions where the risks were evident before the season started. Not addressing those risks adequately left us particularly vulnerable when the risks materialized. 

[/QUOTE]

Funny. I don't see ONE comment in here about Tom Brady being worse year after year.

Finally, you pretending BB has to have backups the same caliber as his starters is an atrocious display of irrational behavior. No NFL team has quality players s good or better on the bench, otherwise they'd be starting, moron.  

The whole reason why the team didn't go 10-6 or 9-7 was because of that depth and the gutty character of those players who stepped up as rookies or 2nd year players.  From Jones, to Collins, to Logan Ryan, the Ryan Allen, to Dobson and Thompkins, it was an impressive display of backups stepping up to help.

You're a disgusting, entitled fan that is a big reason why our fanbase sucks nowadays.

I have never seen a team go 12-4, jobbed of 2 wins at the whistle on the road, with all those kinds of injuries losing by a measly 10 points in the title game like that. I was very proud of what they did against all that adversity.

So was BB for that matter. He was all but gushing in the press at the end of the season.

You're a disgrace and so is Brady lately in the postseason as he rushes off with Giselle to put up that drawbridge in LA.

[/QUOTE]

Bravo Sierra Russ. Just because someone doesn't criticize Brady doesn't make the post any less legit.

i think Pro is right on here. Yes, you can't afford to have depth players the same caliber as your starters...everyone understands that. However, that's not the point. You as you always do read what you want. That is atrocious, maybe a sign of dimentia?

the point is, you can point to the injuries at DT and TE last year as coincidence...which you do because you are a bb apologist. However, picking those combo of players with known issues, age factors is upping your risk something could go wrong. And, when it did, there was nothing behind them. I think it was a poor risk mitigation strategy bb had and it came back to bite him.  Big time. i would also argue if not for Brady last year, we wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs. Not with the team we put out there. 

[/QUOTE]

Lifer gets it.  Look I'm not criticizing the Pats.  There are reasons why they do what they do, and given their repeated low draft positions year after year, the strategy may even be the best possible.  But let's not put our heads in the sand. The strategy has trade offs, and one of its consequences is that we've had some significant talent gaps that have hurt us.  I don't see a point in pretending those gaps don't exist.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

so no surprise here, rusty lied about the story lol

[/QUOTE]

YUP!  It's comical to read what he wrote.  He couldn't be more wrong.  That's Rusty for ya!

What is really funny is even if I had become a Pats fan in 2001, 2003, 2004 or 2007 I wouldn't mind saying so.  Because quite frankly, I just wouldn't care what anyone else thought.  No big deal to me.  But since that isn't the case, no reason to let the Rusty fraud get away with telling more lies.  I get it, he doesn't like my opinions because they are true and aren't in line with his agenda and I prove him wrong so he tries to discredit me with bandwagon fan garbage.  LMAO!  What a loser!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bingo.

How do we do that again? 

[/QUOTE]

well we keep doing what we do and maybe hope for an injury free season and better postseason offensive perfomances.

oh and if we make the SB make sure TYree isnt on the opposing team lol.

honestly, looking back I would trade in 2005, 2006, 2010, 2012 for the 2007 victory without a doubt.

that would've made the Pats the greatest dynasty ever. 4 rings in 7 years, 19-0 season

[/QUOTE]

Joe, the 1st part of your statement contradicts the premise. You are correct though, we were 1 play away from a 4rth, a 5th, and even 6th SB win if you count the colts afc rip-off game in 06.

I think some of these guys are suggesting that if we spent more on bigger names in free agency and "went for it" we would somehow guarantee ourselves a super bowl win even if it mortgages some of our seasons amd playoff trips.

To me getting to the playoffs every year gives you the highest odds of winning another SB. Like you said, no tyree catch, no nink off sides, asante samuel holds onto the ball, no ellis hobbs b.s face guarding call in the endzone on a prayer play and we have 6 super bowl championships in 13 years. Doesn't sound very broken to me.

[/QUOTE]

Or how about instead of investing on red flag players who tend to disappear in the playoffs due to injury or being released they just spend a little more on less red flags players and they are actually on the field to make that one play? You replace a JAG they need to toss in to replace that red flagplayer and suddenly that 1 play might happen right? I know if you had real WR's in 06' that certainly would have helped.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

There you go kid, hope it helps.  I underlined those areas that particularly fits rusty to a T.

That's hilarious TB12 and so true.

What's even more funny is I was watching and episode if Criminal Minds the other night and they started profiling an arsonist.  

OMG  Listen to this and see who it reminds you of.

Intellegent

Craves attention but looks down on those giving it to him.

Underemployed or unemployed, Cannot work in a social setting. 

Most likely in Pharmaceutical sales.  HAHAHA  that's exactly what they said!!!!

Unmarried or divorced because of his anti social behavior and because no one is capable of living up to his expectations.

Likely lives with a female relative like Aunt or Grandma because no male relative would tolerate his behavior.

I wondered if those writers read this forum.  Could not have described it better.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's hilarious TB12 and so true.

What's even more funny is I was watching and episode if Criminal Minds the other night and they started profiling an arsonist.  

OMG  Listen to this and see who it reminds you of.

Intellegent

Craves attention but looks down on those giving it to him.

Underemployed or unemployed, Cannot work in a social setting. 

Most likely in Pharmaceutical sales.  HAHAHA  that's exactly what they said!!!!

Unmarried or divorced because of his anti social behavior and because no one is capable of living up to his expectations.

Likely lives with a female relative like Aunt or Grandma because no male relative would tolerate his behavior.

I wondered if those writers read this forum.  Could not have described it better.

[/QUOTE]

Wow!  Really?  That's scary!

I'm sure there are several other dysfunctional mental behaviors this guy fits. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

haha I gotchu Russ I know you've told me it but I want to hear TFB's side just to give him a say here

[/QUOTE]

But, that IS his side. That's what he has told the board.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sure it is Russ!  Please read the pathological liar posts above.  You need to get some help, ASAP! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Relax guys! We are the youngest team in the league! Well mostly because free agents we bring are busts and guys we draft aren't very good and we make no attempt to resign them and therefore have to be replaced with draft picks or more undrafted free agents that are barely 22 years old, but who's paying attention?! Certainly not rusty, truechamp or muzzle. We dah best! Well until Brady can't single handily win those playoff games against better built teams, but once again...who's paying attention? Who cares? It's all good, losing is fun and we are all spoiled entitled fans that should do nothing but be happy about making the playoffs with a hall of fame QB...anything else is unrealistic.

Hell, second round picks shouldn't be counted on to do anything, in fact I heard Lombardi was brought here to convince Belichick to skip the second round all together.

I love the T-Baller's mentality expressed by a handful of posters on this board.  No, it's not OK to just make the playoffs every year only to get embarrassed in the playoffs.  That's a loser's copout.

These are the same guys who think they succeeded because their mothers made them go to the Eighth Grade dance.  Sorry to break this to you guys but the winners were the guys out back making out with the hot chicks.

I gladly would trade 5 playoff appearances for 1 Championship.  

[/QUOTE]

Then you should be happy, the Pats have 7 more seasons to win another superbowl!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

...the point is, you can point to the injuries at DT and TE last year as coincidence...which you do because you are a bb apologist. However, picking those combo of players with known issues, age factors is upping your risk something could go wrong. And, when it did, there was nothing behind them. I think it was a poor risk mitigation strategy bb had and it came back to bite him.  Big time. i would also argue if not for Brady last year, we wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs. Not with the team we put out there. 

[/QUOTE]

Lifer gets it.  Look I'm not criticizing the Pats.  There are reasons why they do what they do, and given their repeated low draft positions year after year, the strategy may even be the best possible.  But let's not put our heads in the sand. The strategy has trade offs, and one of its consequences is that we've had some significant talent gaps that have hurt us.  I don't see a point in pretending those gaps don't exist.

[/QUOTE]

Bravo sierra is right, jeesh. So the injuries to Mayo who's never been injured, Wilfork who's never been injured, and Gronk who got cut low on a chicken bleep play by a supposed tough guy, and Vollmer who got his leg snapped, those were forseeable? If those guys and Hern are out there, I like their chances.

But beyond all that, not one of you guys has EVER explained what the Ravens did, specifically, in terms of signing free agents or whatever, different from what the Pats did. You haven't, because you can't. Because they operate the exact same way, they give big money to their own guys just like the Pats have done. 

All you can come up with is they "go for it" or some other such claptrap. I know you feel the need to keep this line of reasoning alive, but it's dead, it never had any credence. But half the people (or more) seem to buy in, so you might as well keep going with it. What do they say, repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth?

They got lucky in 2012, that's all, just lucky. If they don't get lucky, they're going on 14 years since they won anything. That's your model franchise?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Bingo.

How do we do that again? 

[/QUOTE]

well we keep doing what we do and maybe hope for an injury free season and better postseason offensive perfomances.

oh and if we make the SB make sure TYree isnt on the opposing team lol.

honestly, looking back I would trade in 2005, 2006, 2010, 2012 for the 2007 victory without a doubt.

that would've made the Pats the greatest dynasty ever. 4 rings in 7 years, 19-0 season

[/QUOTE]

Joe, the 1st part of your statement contradicts the premise. You are correct though, we were 1 play away from a 4rth, a 5th, and even 6th SB win if you count the colts afc rip-off game in 06.

I think some of these guys are suggesting that if we spent more on bigger names in free agency and "went for it" we would somehow guarantee ourselves a super bowl win even if it mortgages some of our seasons amd playoff trips.

To me getting to the playoffs every year gives you the highest odds of winning another SB. Like you said, no tyree catch, no nink off sides, asante samuel holds onto the ball, no ellis hobbs b.s face guarding call in the endzone on a prayer play and we have 6 super bowl championships in 13 years. Doesn't sound very broken to me.

[/QUOTE]

Or how about instead of investing on red flag players who tend to disappear in the playoffs due to injury or being released they just spend a little more on less red flags players and they are actually on the field to make that one play? You replace a JAG they need to toss in to replace that red flagplayer and suddenly that 1 play might happen right? I know if you had real WR's in 06' that certainly would have helped.

[/QUOTE]

Or if you had one pass rusher in Super Bowl 46 we may actually of gotten the Giant's offense off the field and had a chance to win that game. Instead we were in constant poor field position situations and lost the time of possession battle...meanwhile we didn't spend to the cap and could of used that money on someone (anyone) that could pressure a QB. Eli Manning never was touched in that game, two weeks prior in the NFC title game he was hammered, then he faced us and never had to worry about being hit. Big difference - especially when your offense gave you a chance to win that game (lead in the final minutes and much of the second half).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

...the point is, you can point to the injuries at DT and TE last year as coincidence...which you do because you are a bb apologist. However, picking those combo of players with known issues, age factors is upping your risk something could go wrong. And, when it did, there was nothing behind them. I think it was a poor risk mitigation strategy bb had and it came back to bite him.  Big time. i would also argue if not for Brady last year, we wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs. Not with the team we put out there. 

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bravo sierra is right, jeesh. So the injuries to Mayo who's never been injured, Wilfork who's never been injured, and Gronk who got cut low on a chicken bleep play by a supposed tough guy, and Vollmer who got his leg snapped, those were forseeable? If those guys and Hern are out there, I like their chances.

But beyond all that, not one of you guys has EVER explained what the Ravens did, specifically, in terms of signing free agents or whatever, different from what the Pats did. You haven't, because you can't. Because they operate the exact same way, they give big money to their own guys just like the Pats have done. 

All you can come up with is they "go for it" or some other such claptrap. I know you feel the need to keep this line of reasoning alive, but it's dead, it never had any credence. But half the people (or more) seem to buy in, so you might as well keep going with it. What do they say, repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth?

They got lucky in 2012, that's all, just lucky. If they don't get lucky, they're going on 14 years since they won anything. That's your model franchise?

[/QUOTE]

They had deeper talent than the Pats did on both offense and defense. The teams weren't even close in 2012.  I was at that Championship game.  The Pats were helpless against the Ravens.  That wasn't luck.  It was better talent. 

Here, (to the best of my ability to locate old numbers) are the top nine cap hits in 2012 for the two teams. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Here's a look at the salaries of $900K or more for the Ravens and Pats in 2012.  The same number of players in that pay range on the two teams, but the Ravens are paying more money for those top 20 or so players (Suggs doesn't appear on the list below, but that's because he was on PUP at the time this list was published.  Suggs had a cap hit of 11.5 million).  Maybe the extra investment meant a bit more quality.  I think it did.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They had deeper talent than the Pats did on both offense and defense. The teams weren't even close in 2012.  I was at that Championship game.  The Pats were helpless against the Ravens.  That wasn't luck.  It was better talent. 

Here, (to the best of my ability to locate old numbers) are the top nine cap hits in 2012 for the two teams. 

[/QUOTE]

And if the denver safety didn't completely screw up that last play baltimore doesn't win a super bowl and is one of 31 other teams who didn't but in their case they end up with 6 starting positions unfilled going into 2014, after missing the post season in 2013.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And if the denver safety didn't completely screw up that last play baltimore doesn't win a super bowl and is one of 31 other teams who didn't but in their case they end up with 6 starting positions unfilled going into 2014, after missing the post season in 2013.

[/QUOTE]

They won in Denver, though.  Pats weren't even close. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Because baltimore, like seattle is now feeling what happens when you win big games in this league. They don't last, well most of them. There is 1 that has lasted where the pitts, the gints, the ravens, the colts all falter.

Seahawks fans need to embrace change amid tough salary-cap calls

Seahawks face tough decisions as they wrestle with the NFL salary cap. Yet there’s no reason to think the team’s braintrust can’t continue to find good values in strange places as they replace popular players.

Jerry Brewer

Times staff columnist

JOHN LOK / THE SEATTLE TIMES

Seahawks defensive end Red Bryant, one of the team’s defensive leaders and a captain, may be one of the casualties of the Seahawks’ offseason roster turnover.

RELATED

Who will Seahawks take at No. 32?Report: Brandon Browner plans to sue NFL next week

MOST POPULAR COMMENTS

HIDE / SHOW COMMENTS

It's the business part of the fun. When the smoke settles, hopefully, the 2014 team... (February 27, 2014, by jonnie 3) MORE

Carroll / Schneider built this team out of the scrap heap in 4 short years. Brewer... (February 27, 2014, by zDawg) MORE

The Seahawks will have keep building and revamping through the draft and free agency.It...(February 26, 2014, by Zspoiler) MORE

Read all  comments

Post a comment

If the Seahawks’ championship tale were made into a movie, the director would leave out the part at the end about what happened to each character. It would diminish the happy story if you had to explain that so many of Seahawks couldn’t stick around because the team had to manage the salary cap.

No, you would end with Russell Wilson giving Pete Carroll a Gatorade shower, or with Marshawn Lynch throwing Skittles at the parade, or with general manager John Schneider having fun with the team by going shirtless and wearing a plastic WWE championship belt. Those are fun, feel-good moments. They’re great scenes to walk off to because they allow the joy of the Seahawks’ first championship to remain frozen.

It’s unfortunate that celebrations don’t last forever.

It’s even more unfortunate that a Lombardi Trophy makes it harder to stomach what must happen next.

It has been only 25 days since Super Bowl XLVIII, but the reports and speculation are already trickling out. The Seahawks are expected to cut Sidney Rice, which is no surprise. The Seahawks are seriously considering cutting Red Bryant, which will sting more. Chris Clemons and Zach Miller might have to go, too. And while part of this maneuvering would be to re-sign younger free agents such as Michael Bennett and Golden Tate, the Seahawks would be wise to draw a hard line in those negotiations because, in the near future, they’ll want to sign Pro Bowlers Russell Wilson, Earl Thomas and Richard Sherman to mega-contracts.

This is life in the NFL. There are always tough decisions to make. But they will seem even harder now because you finally witnessed a Seahawks team that you couldn’t get enough of, a champion that smashed the Denver Broncos 43-8 in the Super Bowl, a squad that, if the salary-cap rules were different, the Seahawks wouldn’t tweak very much.

Instead, they’ll turn over at least a quarter of the roster, and it won’t just be revamping the bench. They’ll lose starters and significant contributors. And it will be an annual, painful thing.

You spend a lifetime waiting for your favorite team to stand atop the NFL, and less than a month later, you’re fretting about whether they can keep a championship core together.

Get used to it.

Get past it.

And since Schneider and his staff are outstanding talent evaluators, let’s add this: Get excited about change.

Lost in the concern about potential losses is the trust that Schneider, Carroll and Co. deserve. They don’t get blind faith; they’re not immune to mistakes. But there’s little reason to believe that the Seahawks won’t replenish the roster with good, young talent. There’s little reason to believe they won’t continue to draft well and find underrated stars in strange places and make wise decisions about which players to retain. There’s little reason to believe they won’t keep the same open-minded approach in developing players.

The Seahawks didn’t happen upon a championship. They won with a specific plan and philosophy about team building. Good players will come and go, but the process through which the Seahawks identify those players remains intact.

This isn’t the time to deviate from the plan or succumb to sentimentality. It would be easy to stop being proactive and keep this team together until it reaches salary-cap hell. But the Seahawks want to be good for a long time, and to do that, they’ll likely identify six to eight keepers on this roster and make cold-hearted decisions about the rest of the core when the time comes.

As for the human side of doing business this way, well, it stinks. But that’s the NFL. No one accepts the cold reality of the league with more grace than Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson.

“If you think there’s loyalty in this game, that’s the player’s fault,” Robinson said during the Seahawks’ playoff run. “That’s your fault. Because there’s not. Coming into this thing, you understand that eventually you’re going to get cut. Eventually, it’s going to be your last snap with the organization.”

If there’s no loyalty, then what is there in the NFL?

“Value,” said Robinson, who was released by the Seahawks before the 2013 season began but brought back around midseason. “You make yourself valuable to the organization for as long as you can, and in as many ways as you can, and you get to enjoy a little bit of longevity. You get to build relationships. That’s what it’s about.”

Bryant, the Seahawks’ defensive captain, would be a significant loss. So would Miller, the consummate pro, and Clemons, who anchored the team’s pass rush before struggling after recovering from a knee injury last year.

But Schneider and Carroll have vowed to keep the team young and relevant. That will require change — harsh, difficult change. But along with the unknown of change, there’s also opportunity. Few franchises in sports, let alone the NFL, have capitalized on those opportunities as well as the Seahawks have the past four years.

The celebration is over. Some folks must leave, sadly. But if the Seahawks are shrewd, the party will continue.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They won in Denver, though.  Pats weren't even close. 

[/QUOTE]

What if the pats didnt lose 6 of their best players, 2 team captains, and 2 50 million dollar offensive players? Would that game even have been in denver? I doubt it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Read your first sentence again. 

Mayo has been injured before, but lets not harp on that nor vollmer s past injurIes. 

Lets instead focus on 2 positions...DT and TE. 

Yes, wilfork hasn't been injured in the Past. Kelly has but not not missing signifcat time. Bb has been riding vw linto the ground for about 4 years. At some point you need to give him help. So you roll into the season with 2 older vets and, a player like armstead who has never played before. Backing them up is? Vellano? you call that depth? 2 aging vets, and 1 cfl player who never saw a snap. Brilliant.

what about te? Gronk has been perennially injured. It started in college and has been a steady stream of events since. Hern, has been injured, and, didn't slip to round 4 for no reason. There were flags, ones the pats didn't care to see. Who sits behind them? Hooman and? Now most teams don't have depth at TE, but not many teams featured the TE like NE. 

You can say the same for Talib and a host of others. 

Bb the coach did an admirable job with what bb the GM gave him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Do I think the Ravens 'went for it'? not really.

did they add a ton of hype and extra effort after Ray Ray starting using the antler spray to somehow return from torn triceps and then annouce it was 'the last ride' ?

yes. that had a ton to do with it, and a LOT of luck and great clutch plays from FLacco in timely fashion as well

before Ray Ray's annoucement the season was ad regular as ever for them