Re: salary cap hell, huh?

In response to PatsLifer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

...the point is, you can point to the injuries at DT and TE last year as coincidence...which you do because you are a bb apologist. However, picking those combo of players with known issues, age factors is upping your risk something could go wrong. And, when it did, there was nothing behind them. I think it was a poor risk mitigation strategy bb had and it came back to bite him.  Big time. i would also argue if not for Brady last year, we wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs. Not with the team we put out there. 

[/QUOTE]

Lifer gets it.  Look I'm not criticizing the Pats.  There are reasons why they do what they do, and given their repeated low draft positions year after year, the strategy may even be the best possible.  But let's not put our heads in the sand. The strategy has trade offs, and one of its consequences is that we've had some significant talent gaps that have hurt us.  I don't see a point in pretending those gaps don't exist.

[/QUOTE]

Bravo sierra is right, jeesh. So the injuries to Mayo who's never been injured, Wilfork who's never been injured, and Gronk who got cut low on a chicken bleep play by a supposed tough guy, and Vollmer who got his leg snapped, those were forseeable? If those guys and Hern are out there, I like their chances.

But beyond all that, not one of you guys has EVER explained what the Ravens did, specifically, in terms of signing free agents or whatever, different from what the Pats did. You haven't, because you can't. Because they operate the exact same way, they give big money to their own guys just like the Pats have done. 

All you can come up with is they "go for it" or some other such claptrap. I know you feel the need to keep this line of reasoning alive, but it's dead, it never had any credence. But half the people (or more) seem to buy in, so you might as well keep going with it. What do they say, repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth?

They got lucky in 2012, that's all, just lucky. If they don't get lucky, they're going on 14 years since they won anything. That's your model franchise?

[/QUOTE]

Read your first sentence again. 

Mayo has been injured before, but lets not harp on that nor vollmer s past injurIes. 

Lets instead focus on 2 positions...DT and TE. 

Yes, wilfork hasn't been injured in the Past. Kelly has but not not missing signifcat time. Bb has been riding vw linto the ground for about 4 years. At some point you need to give him help. So you roll into the season with 2 older vets and, a player like armstead who has never played before. Backing them up is? Vellano? you call that depth? 2 aging vets, and 1 cfl player who never saw a snap. Brilliant.

what about te? Gronk has been perennially injured. It started in college and has been a steady stream of events since. Hern, has been injured, and, didn't slip to round 4 for no reason. There were flags, ones the pats didn't care to see. Who sits behind them? Hooman and? Now most teams don't have depth at TE, but not many teams featured the TE like NE. 

You can say the same for Talib and a host of others. 

Bb the coach did an admirable job with what bb the GM gave him.

[/QUOTE]

Brady

Gronk

What would be Hernandez

Ridley

Vareen

Blount

Dobson

Edelman

Solder

Mankins

Volmer

Cannon

Wilfork

Kelly

Chandler

Nink

Mayo

Hightower

Spikes

Collins

Dmc

Talib

Dennard

Yeah I don't know how he did it?

Are any of those players not talented?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

...the point is, you can point to the injuries at DT and TE last year as coincidence...which you do because you are a bb apologist. However, picking those combo of players with known issues, age factors is upping your risk something could go wrong. And, when it did, there was nothing behind them. I think it was a poor risk mitigation strategy bb had and it came back to bite him.  Big time. i would also argue if not for Brady last year, we wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs. Not with the team we put out there. 

[/QUOTE]

Lifer gets it.  Look I'm not criticizing the Pats.  There are reasons why they do what they do, and given their repeated low draft positions year after year, the strategy may even be the best possible.  But let's not put our heads in the sand. The strategy has trade offs, and one of its consequences is that we've had some significant talent gaps that have hurt us.  I don't see a point in pretending those gaps don't exist.

[/QUOTE]

Bravo sierra is right, jeesh. So the injuries to Mayo who's never been injured, Wilfork who's never been injured, and Gronk who got cut low on a chicken bleep play by a supposed tough guy, and Vollmer who got his leg snapped, those were forseeable? If those guys and Hern are out there, I like their chances.

But beyond all that, not one of you guys has EVER explained what the Ravens did, specifically, in terms of signing free agents or whatever, different from what the Pats did. You haven't, because you can't. Because they operate the exact same way, they give big money to their own guys just like the Pats have done. 

All you can come up with is they "go for it" or some other such claptrap. I know you feel the need to keep this line of reasoning alive, but it's dead, it never had any credence. But half the people (or more) seem to buy in, so you might as well keep going with it. What do they say, repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth?

They got lucky in 2012, that's all, just lucky. If they don't get lucky, they're going on 14 years since they won anything. That's your model franchise?

[/QUOTE]

Mayo has been injured before, but lets not harp on that nor vollmer s past injurIes. 

Yes, wilfork hasn't been injured in the Past. Kelly has but not not missing signifcat time. Bb has been riding vw linto the ground for about 4 years. At some point you need to give him help. So you roll into the season with 2 older vets and, a player like armstead who has never played before. Backing them up is? Vellano? you call that depth? 2 aging vets, and 1 cfl player who never saw a snap. Brilliant.

what about te? Gronk has been perennially injured. It started in college and has been a steady stream of events since. Hern, has been injured, and, didn't slip to round 4 for no reason. There were flags, ones the pats didn't care to see. Who sits behind them? Hooman and? Now most teams don't have depth at TE, but not many teams featured the TE like NE. 

[/QUOTE]

Brady

Gronk

What would be Hernandez

Ridley

Vareen

Blount

Dobson

Edelman

Solder

Mankins

Volmer

Cannon

Wilfork

Kelly

Chandler

Nink

Mayo

Hightower

Spikes

Collins

Dmc

Talib

Dennard

[/QUOTE]

All talented. No question theRe. But, not enough talent to push them over the edge, and that has been the same story for a decade. They seem to have enough to win and be a perennial playoff, but not enough to win the big game. What's missing? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady

Gronk

What would be Hernandez

Ridley

Vareen

Blount

Dobson

Edelman

Solder

Mankins

Volmer

Cannon

Wilfork

Kelly

Chandler

Nink

Mayo

Hightower

Spikes

Collins

Dmc

Talib

Dennard

[/QUOTE]

All talented. No question theRe. But, not enough talent to push them over the edge, and that has been the same story for a decade. They seem to have enough to win and be a perennial playoff, but not enough to win the big game. What's missing? 

[/QUOTE]

Imo BB's coaching tree has been plucked too many times and it's had a negative impact on the biggest stage. Guys make enough plays to get to the biggest games but we've all seen it, they come out stiff for all the marbles? Positional coaches are a vital part of winning close games and we've had a lot of turnover and these are super bowl championship coaches leaving.

Imo you cannot be talented enough to go 12-4 every year, 8 afc championships, 5 super bowls and be literally 1 play away from 6 Lombardi's in 13 seasons but not be talented enough to win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady

Gronk

What would be Hernandez

Ridley

Vareen

Blount

Dobson

Edelman

Solder

Mankins

Volmer

Cannon

Wilfork

Kelly

Chandler

Nink

Mayo

Hightower

Spikes

Collins

Dmc

Talib

Dennard

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Luck.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Talent.

Lousy defensive players for years and an offense that's too dependent on one or two players.

"Luck" comes in to some degree with injuries, but if you build your offense so it's completely dependent on Gronk being in the game and you don't have an adequate back-up plan for when he's out and you know he's been injured three postseasons in a row, it's really poor planning. Not preparing adequately for known risks and then getting burned when the risk materializes isn't bad luck, it's bad risk management. 

Remember, three of the Pats' last five exits from the playoffs have been in games that weren't close.  Lucky bounces weren't an issue.  The only time luck really affected a recent playoff game (post 2007) was when Billy Cundiff missed an easy field goal.  Pats were very lucky to win against the Ravens in 2011. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Brady  best ever

Gronk  Mr. Injury

What would be Hernandez  But isn't because he's in jail

Ridley  Fumblitis

Vareen groin

Blount  Did you see him vs. Denver?

Dobson  Dropson

Edelman  Brady made him the king

Solder Great player

Mankins  Great player

Volmer  Better than good player

Cannon  Quality player

Wilfork  Great player

Kelly  So far so good

Chandler   player

Nink  Good player

Mayo  Good player

Hightower  player

Spikes  player

Collins player

Dmc  below good

Talib  Good for 60% of the season

Dennard  average

[/QUOTE]

You've listed 22 guys.  A football team has 53.   I see four of them as great players.  7.5%

I don't know how he did it either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Brady  best ever

Gronk  Mr. Injury

Ridley  Fumblitis

Vareen groin

Dobson  Dropson

Solder Great player

Mankins  Great player

Cannon  Quality player

Wilfork  Great player

Kelly  So far so good

Chandler   player

Nink  Good player

Mayo  Good player

Hightower  player

Spikes  player

Collins player

Dmc  below good

Dennard  average

You've listed 22 guys.  A football team has 53.   I see four of them as great players.  7.5%

Add into the equation that we spent the last five years spending our free agent dollars and draft picks on guys like this...

Jonathan Fanene

Albert Heynesworth

Trevor Scott

Shaun Ellis

Ron Brace

Armstead

Tomy Kelly

Mike Wright

Myron Pryor

Tully Banta Cain

Adalious Thomas

Burgess

Stallworth

Gaffney

Gozalez

Brandon Tate

Price

Ocho Cinco

Lloyd

Amendola

Torry Holt

Joey Galloway

Jenkins

Schiancoe

Fells

Hernandez

Leigh Bodden

Shawn Springs

Delta O’Neil

Adrian Wilson

Tavon Wilson

Butler

Wheatley

Whilite

Rasi Dowling

McGowen

Jon Lynch

Steven Gregory

Fred Taylor

Joseph Addai

Robert Gallery

And it becomes even more amazing the job BB the coach did with the players BB the GM saddled him with. Most Gms would be fired for a list like this, it's a good thing ours has Tom Brady and Bill Belichick the coach to save him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady  best ever

Gronk  Mr. Injury

Ridley  Fumblitis

Vareen groin

Dobson  Dropson

Solder Great player

Mankins  Great player

Cannon  Quality player

Wilfork  Great player

Kelly  So far so good

Chandler   player

Nink  Good player

Mayo  Good player

Hightower  player

Spikes  player

Collins player

Dmc  below good

Dennard  average

[/QUOTE]

Add into the equation that we spent the last five years spending our free agent dollars and draft picks on guys like this...

Jonathan Fanene

Albert Heynesworth

Trevor Scott

Shaun Ellis

Ron Brace

Armstead

Tomy Kelly

Mike Wright

Myron Pryor

Tully Banta Cain

Adalious Thomas

Burgess

Stallworth

Gaffney

Gozalez

Brandon Tate

Price

Ocho Cinco

Lloyd

Amendola

Torry Holt

Joey Galloway

Jenkins

Schiancoe

Fells

Hernandez

Leigh Bodden

Shawn Springs

Delta O’Neil

Adrian Wilson

Tavon Wilson

Butler

Wheatley

Whilite

Rasi Dowling

McGowen

Jon Lynch

Steven Gregory

Fred Taylor

Joseph Addai

Robert Gallery

And it becomes even more amazing the job BB the coach did with the players BB the GM saddled him with. Most Gms would be fired for a list like this, it's a good thing ours has Tom Brady and Bill Belichick the coach to save him.

[/QUOTE]

You 2 guys represent the "ignorant fan" more then anyone other then pezz.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Brady  best ever

Gronk  Mr. Injury

Ridley  Fumblitis

Vareen groin

Dobson  Dropson

Solder Great player

Mankins  Great player

Cannon  Quality player

Wilfork  Great player

Kelly  So far so good

Chandler   player

Nink  Good player

Mayo  Good player

Hightower  player

Spikes  player

Collins player

Dmc  below good

Dennard  average

[/QUOTE]

Jonathan Fanene

Albert Heynesworth

Trevor Scott

Shaun Ellis

Ron Brace

Armstead

Tomy Kelly

Mike Wright

Myron Pryor

Tully Banta Cain

Adalious Thomas

Burgess

Stallworth

Gaffney

Gozalez

Brandon Tate

Price

Ocho Cinco

Lloyd

Amendola

Torry Holt

Joey Galloway

Jenkins

Schiancoe

Fells

Hernandez

Leigh Bodden

Shawn Springs

Delta O’Neil

Adrian Wilson

Tavon Wilson

Butler

Wheatley

Whilite

Rasi Dowling

McGowen

Jon Lynch

Steven Gregory

Fred Taylor

Joseph Addai

Robert Gallery

[/QUOTE]

You 2 guys represent the "ignorant fan" more then anyone other then pezz.

[/QUOTE]

Well first off we're not "ignorant", and second...there's a lot more than two that feel this way. Turn on the radio, I guarantee you'll hear more rational people speak about the mistakes we've made brining in players that hurt us both financially and on the playing field...the proof is in the pudding. We haven't won a Super Bowl in a decade and there are 22 teams with more salary cap space because we wasted ours on the wrong guys. Sorry.

You can pretend all those players I listed weren't signed and brought in here, but they were. You were the guy running around calling everyone spolied and we should be happy for the "low risk, high reward!" signings of all that hot garbage, but in the end it actually hurt us.

Tell me, does it hurt when all the cheerleaders throw you up in the air like a baton? Or do you just land in a big jug of koolaid?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady

Gronk

What would be Hernandez

Ridley

Vareen

Blount

Dobson

Edelman

Solder

Mankins

Volmer

Cannon

Wilfork

Kelly

Chandler

Nink

Mayo

Hightower

Spikes

Collins

Dmc

Talib

Dennard

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Imo BB's coaching tree has been plucked too many times and it's had a negative impact on the biggest stage. Guys make enough plays to get to the biggest games but we've all seen it, they come out stiff for all the marbles? Positional coaches are a vital part of winning close games and we've had a lot of turnover and these are super bowl championship coaches leaving.

Imo you cannot be talented enough to go 12-4 every year, 8 afc championships, 5 super bowls and be literally 1 play away from 6 Lombardi's in 13 seasons but not be talented enough to win.

[/QUOTE]

So you peg "not enough" to get it done on the loss of positional coaches?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady

Gronk

What would be Hernandez

Ridley

Vareen

Blount

Dobson

Edelman

Solder

Mankins

Volmer

Cannon

Wilfork

Kelly

Chandler

Nink

Mayo

Hightower

Spikes

Collins

Dmc

Talib

Dennard

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Luck.

[/QUOTE]

Execution

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[/QUOTE]

That's been Champ's story for years and he's sticking to it.  Losing Weis and Crennel was a disaster Bill Belichick can't seem to recover from--not even 10 years later.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's funny chump, cuz lately I've been seeing a lot of people calling you out on your manipulation of stats to suit you, your stats without context and your IGNORANT, bla bla bla.... ya we sux, threads.  Maybe you should look in the mirror before you call someone ignorant, rusty... or ahhh ummm true chump.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's been Champ's story for years and he's sticking to it.  Losing Weis and Crennel was a disaster Bill Belichick can't seem to recover from--not even 10 years later.  

[/QUOTE]

Right, and it's your story he suddenly forgot how to evaluate talent. Now which one seems more far fetched? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right, and it's your story he suddenly forgot how to evaluate talent. Now which one seems more far fetched? 

[/QUOTE]

Well, I apparently actually watch the games.  

Talent (along with it's flip side, execution) has been the issue in the big games, not coaching. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, I apparently actually watch the games.  

Talent (along with it's flip side, execution) has been the issue in the big games, not coaching. 

[/QUOTE]

Oh. You watch the games. You use the old eye test to tell we don't have any talent. Well, we sure do pull the wool over the nations eyes don't we!?!?

Sections
Shortcuts