Salary Cap Increases Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Salary Cap Increases Again

I wonder which AFC East team benefits from this the most.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/15/salary-cap-increases-again/

In an economic downturn that has forced some teams to lay off employees in order to make ends meet (and that, in all fairness, might have opted some teams for which, as Eddie Murphy once said, ”the ends are meeting like a mutherf–ker” to use the cover of a recession to trim fat), the per-team spending maximum continues to climb.

According to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, the number is increasing by another $947,000.

The cap moved from $124 million per team to $127 million per team earlier this year.  Now, it’ll be in the neighborhood of $128 million.

For most teams, it’s irrelevant, given that only a handful are scraping up against the limit. 

But the floor won’t be increasing.  The reason is sort of complicated.  And I just realized that it’s already 5:00.  So I’m outta here.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Re: Salary Cap Increases Again

I wonder which AFC East team benefits from this the most. http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/05/15/salary-cap-increases-again/ In an economic downturn that has forced some teams to lay off employees in order to make ends meet (and that, in all fairness, might have opted some teams for which, as Eddie Murphy once said, ”the ends are meeting like a mutherf–ker” to use the cover of a recession to trim fat), the per-team spending maximum continues to climb. According to Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com, the number is increasing by another $947,000 . The cap moved from $124 million per team to $127 million per team earlier this year.  Now, it’ll be in the neighborhood of $128 million. For most teams, it’s irrelevant, given that only a handful are scraping up against the limit.  But the floor won’t be increasing.  The reason is sort of complicated.  And I just realized that it’s already 5:00.  So I’m outta here.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

It was 3:28 when you posted this.....I guess it is 5:00 somewhere.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacksola. Show jacksola's posts

Actually, the US$ has decreased at a higher % than the new cap number has increased since the last labor agreement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Actually, the US$ has decreased at a higher % than the new cap number has increased since the last labor agreement.
    Posted by jacksola

A decrease in the value of the US dollar may cause the players to buy more US built Cadillac Escalades instead of Mercedes and BMW's.  Other than that, it looks like teams can spend about $75,000 more per player on average.  Nice raise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Probably increased to aid the Colts in some way.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacksola. Show jacksola's posts

It was recently learned that GM will take the tax payer dollars that were recently given to them under the premise of saving US jobs and "invest" in factories in China. US built Escalade? Hmmm.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

It was recently learned that GM will take the tax payer dollars that were recently given to them under the premise of saving US jobs and "invest" in factories in China. US built Escalade? Hmmm.
    Posted by jacksola

Yeah, I saw that.  With a cheaper US dollar and new jobs maybe the Chinese will buy the Escalades.  The players, however, may consider domestically produced nik-naks. 

Sections
Shortcuts