Salary Cap Space

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Salary Cap Space

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/20/salary-cap-space-as-of-november-20/

Jaguars:  $32.9 million.

Chiefs:  $27.4 million.

Broncos:  $25.6 million.

Buccaneers:  $25.1 million.

Seahawks:  $21.7 million.

Bills:  $20.9 million.

Bengals:  $19.2 million.

Cowboys:  $18.2 million.

49ers:  $16.7 million.

Bears:  $15.2 million.

Redskins:  $11.9 million.

Browns:  $10.2 million.

Dolphins:  $9.1 million.

Patriots:  $8.4 million.

Titans:  $8.3 million.

Jets:  $7.9 million.

Cardinals: $7.2 million.

Packers:  $6.2 million.

Ravens:  $6.1 million.

Eagles:  $5.3 million.

Saints:  $4.5 million.

Rams:  $4.5 million.

Vikings:  $4.1 million.

Colts:  $3.0 million.

Raiders:  $2.9 million.

Chargers:  $2.4 million.

Texans:  $1.9 million.

Panthers:  $1.8 million.

Lions:  $1.8 million.

Giants:  $1.7 million.

Falcons:  $1.6 million.

Steelers:  $640,000.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

Re: Salary Cap Space

Isn't there also a salary floor? If, so, what is it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

no salary floor until the 2013 season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

We have more then enough cap space. Now would be a good time to extend Welker and/or Carter and front load as much of the bonus as possible

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aytee. Show aytee's posts

In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space:
    no salary floor until the 2013 season.
    Posted by KyleCleric2

Okay, thanks

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The thing that I don't get is this was supposed to be the reason we didn't sign Peppers or resign Seymore...because after the uncertain future of the NFL and lockout we'd be stupid to. Yet here we are 8 million and change under the cap? Add in the fact that if we hadn't paid Ellis 4 million and Ocho 6 we'd be 18 million under the cap....I'm saying that money could of been spent elsewhere or if they hadn't spent it at all there would of been more left over for a marquee guy or two.

I'm sorry but I think we dropped the ball on this fiscal responsibility stuff. If you add a guy like Peppers or Seymore to this team right now, do you like our chances? Would the Jets of beaten us last year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The thing that I don't get is this was supposed to be the reason we didn't sign Peppers or resign Seymore...because after the uncertain future of the NFL and lockout we'd be stupid to. Yet here we are 8 million and change under the cap? Add in the fact that if we hadn't paid Ellis 4 million and Ocho 6 we'd be 18 million under the cap....I'm saying that money could of been spent elsewhere or if they hadn't spent it at all there would of been more left over for a marquee guy or two. I'm sorry but I think we dropped the ball on this fiscal responsibility stuff. If you add a guy like Peppers or Seymore to this team right now, do you like our chances? Would the Jets of beaten us last year?
    Posted by mthurl

Well I don't think putting that much money into a single player is very smart I do think they could have better spent the money they used.

Such as Roth, Goldson, Boldin, and some others that we just missed out on because we just under bid for them.  I'd rather have 3 players who have the potential to make game changing plays at a lower frequency for 6mil a piece then a single player for 18mil

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think it has a lot to do with trying to re-sign Welker. If he had agreed to any of the offers that space would be gone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

All I know is that I want to see the Pats go after Finnegan and Mario Williams, as I had posted on another thread. 

They have money and I am assuming Ellis, Ocho, and Branch's hits will be less as will more going forward.  Chad will be cut or will restructer.. Ellis gone? Branch will resgn for fair or just above vet min....  I'd like to see Finnegan for sure as he could be had at a fair competitive deal, and hope they take a chance at trying to sign big time Mario....  That'd be great

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'll be sure to email BB and convey to him how essential it is that he heed the sage advice extant this forum.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'll be sure to email BB and convey to him how essential it is that he heed the sage advice extant this forum.
    Posted by ATJ

Don't visit or participate on the forum then...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I think it has a lot to do with trying to re-sign Welker. If he had agreed to any of the offers that space would be gone.
    Posted by shenanigan

Do you have links proving that he turned down offers?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The thing that I don't get is this was supposed to be the reason we didn't sign Peppers or resign Seymore...because after the uncertain future of the NFL and lockout we'd be stupid to. Yet here we are 8 million and change under the cap? Add in the fact that if we hadn't paid Ellis 4 million and Ocho 6 we'd be 18 million under the cap....I'm saying that money could of been spent elsewhere or if they hadn't spent it at all there would of been more left over for a marquee guy or two. I'm sorry but I think we dropped the ball on this fiscal responsibility stuff. If you add a guy like Peppers or Seymore to this team right now, do you like our chances? Would the Jets of beaten us last year?
    Posted by mthurl

If we didn't want to draft Clay Matthews and keep Seymour before the 2009 season then that season should have been the one where we saved money and positioned ourselves for the switch to a 4-3 and to be big spenders and draft accordingly in 2010.

Signed Peppers at that point.

Everyone should have known Moss wasn't going to behave on a 1 year deal. If he turned down an extension before the 2010 draft we could have basically swapped him for Boldin by sending him to Minnesota for a 2nd rd pick and trading a 2nd rd pick. If he was worth a 3rd 4 games into the year being a crybaby he was worth a 2nd the spring before that to reuinite him with Favre.

Maybe added a guy like Jared Odrick or another DT in the draft for our 4-3 instead of trading into the future.

Even with Peppers and Boldin we'd have had the money this year... w/o guys like Haynesworth, Ocho, Ellis and Wright... to have fixed the secondary at least.

Going back just one year we could have had Roth and Goldson as already said. Jenkins over Haynesworth/Ellis. Akeem Ayers in the draft. Traded up for JJ. Watt instead of getting Solder, the Saints future #1 and Vareen.

There is your 3-4:

Watt-Wilfork-Jenkins
    Roth - Mayo - Spikes - Cunningham

and your 4-3:

Carter - Jenkins/Watt/Brace - Wilfork - Roth/Anderson

Ayers - Spikes/Mayo/Guyton - Nink/Mayo

They would probably have had the cash to either sign Goldon (3.5), Roth (3.5) and Jenkins (5) or Asomugha (13.5), Page (1) and Gerard Warren (1.5).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Posted by ATJ

1) Yes because BB and the Pats (or any professional sports team/personal) NEVER make a mistake.  Every GM, Coach, Player Personal person is always right.  That's why none of them ever get fired....Oh wait.

2) The whole point of a discussion thread/forum is to talk about what you would like to see the team do.  What a fun/interesting board this would be if every single post and every single thread was...Wow BB is right again.  Yup Nothing to add Pats can do NO wrong. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

<<Don't visit or participate on the forum then...>>rameakap

So if my opinion differs from yours I should go elsewhere?  Sorry, fellow poster, ain't happenin'.

<<1) Yes because BB and the Pats (or any professional sports team/personal) NEVER make a mistake.  Every GM, Coach, Player Personal person is always right.  That's why none of them ever get fired....Oh wait.

2) The whole point of a discussion thread/forum is to talk about what you would like to see the team do.  What a fun/interesting board this would be if every single post and every single thread was...Wow BB is right again.  Yup Nothing to add Pats can do NO wrong. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ  /> />
    Patsman3

Never said BB didn't make mistakes.  Everyone does, BB included.  And your 2nd point is exactly mine; if everyone agreed this would be a very dull forum.

My opinion, which I expressed, is that BB probably has a better handle on what the team should or shouldn't do than anyone on here.  Didn't say you shouldn't express your opinion.  I merely offer my perspective.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

<<Don't visit or participate on the forum then... />> rameakap So if my opinion differs from yours I should go elsewhere?  Sorry, fellow poster, ain't happenin'. <<1) Yes because BB and the Pats (or any professional sports team/personal) NEVER make a mistake.  Every GM, Coach, Player Personal person is always right.  That's why none of them ever get fired....Oh wait. 2) The whole point of a discussion thread/forum is to talk about what you would like to see the team do.  What a fun/interesting board this would be if every single post and every single thread was...Wow BB is right again.  Yup Nothing to add Pats can do NO wrong. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ  /> /> Patsman3 Never said BB didn't make mistakes.  Everyone does, BB included.  And your 2nd point is exactly mine; if everyone agreed this would be a very dull forum. My opinion, which I expressed, is that BB probably has a better handle on what the team should or shouldn't do than anyone on here.  Didn't say you shouldn't express your opinion.  I merely offer my perspective.
    Posted by ATJ

No you didn't just express your opinion.  You made a snide comment about "how essential it was" for BB to head the posters advice.  This forum isn't for BB, it's for the fans to express their views.  So if you disagree, you could have just said you think BB knows what he is doing rather then try to make it sound like the poster had no right to question the almighty BB.  That's just my opinion thou....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : No you didn't just express your opinion.  You made a snide comment about "how essential it was" for BB to head the posters advice.  This forum isn't for BB, it's for the fans to express their views.  So if you disagree, you could have just said you think BB knows what he is doing rather then try to make it sound like the poster had no right to question the almighty BB.  That's just my opinion thou....
    Posted by Patsman3

May I suggest that when I presume to tell you how to express your opinion you can presume to tell me how to express mine?  And snide is in the eye of the reader.  That I chose to add a touch of irony (some may call it sarcasm) to the way I responded was hardly a personal attack which you appear to believe it to be.  It was an expression of my opinion, no more no less. It was hardly the put-down which you appear to have read into it.

I would also add that not once have you ever read any post in here from me that indicated that a poster had no right to question anything that BB or anyone else has done.  This forum is a for a free expression of ideas.  You have yours; I have mine.  We happen to disagree on something.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I think we should resign Waters, Carter , Welker & Mayo.
    Offer Carter 2 years $8 MIL to $10Mil.
    Offer Waters 2 Years $6Mil to $9Mil.
    Wes 3 / $30Mil
    Mayo is trickier. How about 6 / $45-55Mil 20 Guarenteed.

Williams is a nice dream but it Ain't going to happen. Unless he states that
    he wants out of Houston to play for a ring.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : May I suggest that when I presume to tell you how to express your opinion you can presume to tell me how to express mine?  And snide is in the eye of the reader.  That I chose to add a touch of irony (some may call it sarcasm) to the way I responded was hardly a personal attack which you appear to believe it to be.  It was an expression of my opinion, no more no less. It was hardly the put-down which you appear to have read into it. I would also add that not once have you ever read any post in here from me that indicated that a poster had no right to question anything that BB or anyone else has done.  This forum is a for a free expression of ideas.  You have yours; I have mine.  We happen to disagree on something.
    Posted by ATJ

LOL so your opinion is BB knows better then all of us.  So why are you even out here then?  just to remind us of that?  Thanks for the public service.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : LOL so your opinion is BB knows better then all of us.  So why are you even out here then?  just to remind us of that?  Thanks for the public service.
    Posted by Patsman3

Wow.  Are you suggesting that he doesn't?  OK, if you are then you are certainly entitled to your opinion. 

All of this simply because I express the opinion that BB probably knows better than any fan or group of fans how best to manage the football operation.  Is that idea so offensive that you're taking it personally? 

And if I'm reading the last two sentences of your most recent post correctly, thoe only reason one should be posting on here is to second-guess BB?  I disagree with that assertion as well. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : Wow.  Are you suggesting that he doesn't?  OK, if you are then you are certainly entitled to your opinion.  All of this simply because I express the opinion that BB probably knows better than any fan or group of fans how best to manage the football operation.  Is that idea so offensive that you're taking it personally?  And if I'm reading the last two sentences of your most recent post correctly, thoe only reason one should be posting on here is to second-guess BB?  I disagree with that assertion as well. 
    Posted by ATJ

I am suggesting that "BB knows better" is irrelevant to these forums.  Again, these forums are for the fans, and to express their thoughts and opinion's on what they would like to see or would have done. 

Here is the forum under your thought process --

Thread Post -- Should the Pats resign Welker?

Poster 1) I think the Pats should franchise Welker.

ATJ Post)  Shut up Moron BB knows better then you.

Post 2:

What was BB doing going for that on 4th and 2:

Poster 1)  I can't believe BB went for it.  Gotta punt it away and give the defense a chance.

ATJ Post)  Shut up Moron BB knows better then you.

So under your premise what's the point of having these forums? if the response is always BB knows better?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Since you're clearly not reading my posts I'll stop posting on this thread and leave you to second guess BB to your heart's content.  For the record, there is nothing that you have posted in the preceding post that is remotely close to anything I would post here or even think. 

And in answer to question #1, yes, the Pats should resign Welker.  Radical thought though it may be, I would leave the duration and amount to those involved in the negotiations.

And in answer to question #2, I didn't agree with him going for it on 4th and 2 but do understand why he did it.

And, my bonus post:  I have no idea why he released James Sanders; it made no sense to me.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : Do you have links proving that he turned down offers?
    Posted by rameakap

No, but they have admitted they've been talking about an extension all year. The offers may only be verbal but I'm sure that they are making offers. What else would they be talking about? Something like "we will pay 7mil per year for 4 years with 20 guaranteed." "I want 12mil per year for 5 years with 30 guaranteed." "How about 8 mil per with incentives to make up to 9 for 4 years." Etc, etc. If they come to an agreement they write it down and sign it. I'm sure both sides have made numerous verbal offers but they haven't found a middle ground. Regardless, even if the offer is verbal, if he does accept it, they would have to have the cap space to turn it into a contract. They would look pretty dumb if they agreed to terms but then said we don't have the money so we can't fulfill our offer.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Posted by ATJ

Now that the thread has focussed on this comment,

Given there are probably 20-30 very knowlegable fans, 30-60 fans who occassionally get inspired and a few hundred of varying interest and knowlege on this board AND they mostly all have ties to the NE area and ties to people who know football, I would say the degrees of separation to the inner coaching circle of the PAtriots is 1-2 in a few cases and 3 in many many cases.

There has been a lot of crap on this board but also a few very good insights, I think it entirely possible that some ideas here percolate to the team. Why not? If not BB, how about individual players? They tweet don't they, probably have access to social media?

It is a very small world today.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : Now that the thread has focussed on this comment, Given there are probably 20-30 very knowlegable fans, 30-60 fans who occassionally get inspired and a few hundred of varying interest and knowlege on this board AND they mostly all have ties to the NE area and ties to people who know football, I would say the degrees of separation to the inner coaching circle of the PAtriots is 1-2 in a few cases and 3 in many many cases. There has been a lot of crap on this board but also a few very good insights, I think it entirely possible that some ideas here percolate to the team. Why not? If not BB, how about individual players? They tweet don't they, probably have access to social media? It is a very small world today.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76

I can't say that I disagree.  Be interesting if we could find out if BB ever has checked out a player based on fan observation. (Yeah, I know I just contradicted myself times 2; call me an irrational Pats fan.)

Sections
Shortcuts