Salary Cap Space

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Salary Cap Space

In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : Now that the thread has focussed on this comment, Given there are probably 20-30 very knowlegable fans, 30-60 fans who occassionally get inspired and a few hundred of varying interest and knowlege on this board AND they mostly all have ties to the NE area and ties to people who know football, I would say the degrees of separation to the inner coaching circle of the PAtriots is 1-2 in a few cases and 3 in many many cases. There has been a lot of crap on this board but also a few very good insights, I think it entirely possible that some ideas here percolate to the team. Why not? If not BB, how about individual players? They tweet don't they, probably have access to social media? It is a very small world today.
    Posted by patsbandwagonsince76[/QUOTE]

Truthfully some of the football opinions on here are a lot better than you'll get from the local or national media. It makes me pissed when someone just craps on it. Most of us realize we are not the GM/coach/player, it doesn't mean we don't have an opinion and in some cases a very good one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You aholes just poisoned my excellent thread. 

ATJ isn't the point of this thread to dream about who we can bring in?

Have some fun, man.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]You aholes just poisoned my excellent thread.  ATJ isn't the point of this thread to dream about who we can bring in? Have some fun, man.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

And I regret that my initial post somehow distracted from your point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : And I regret that my initial post somehow distracted from your point.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Then turn the ship around about what FA you wanna bring in!

IF YOU WERE GM< who would you 'want' to bring in?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : Then turn the ship around about what FA you wanna bring in! IF YOU WERE GM< who would you 'want' to bring in?
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Mario Williams- but he'll be franchised. Also a WR. Any suggestions?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

OK,

8.4 Million...

What moves are teams actually allowed to make this late in the season?

Pick up FA's, players on waivers, no doubt.

I think the PAts could use an impact CB, LB i or o, WR

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I now see the point of your thread; I did not at first.  Recognizing that I don't have the BB master plan to refer to my first 2 priorities would be:

*re-sign Welker;
    *work something out with Andre Carter, 2 year deal maybe.

After that, I'd like to see who, if anyone is available as a stud Safety to pair up with Chung. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Pure speculation on my part, but I believe the $8M+ cap space is so that they can get Welker and some other vets extended, because having that much space also gives them some leeway to sign other team's FAs once the Pats non-tender or release some of their own guys, which happens every offseason.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I now see the point of your thread; I did not at first.  Recognizing that I don't have the BB master plan to refer to my first 2 priorities would be: *re-sign Welker; *work something out with Andre Carter, 2 year deal maybe. After that, I'd like to see who, if anyone is available as a stud Safety to pair up with Chung. 
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

Excellent post, and thanks for chimming in. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : Mario Williams- but he'll be franchised. Also a WR. Any suggestions?
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Draft a WR high(NO first round pick).... try to get Mario Williams.. sign Carter for sure. 

Extend Welker.

Do everything within reason to get Cortalnd Finnegan to shore up the secondary. 

Draft a safety(Third round).

Draft a Pass-rusher with our Number 1.

Trade down our 2nd, of 2nd round picks, to a possible 1st next year?  Just to add a BB touch to my ideas. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I am wondering if the space is even greater next year, with regards to how they structured Brady, WIlfork and Mankins's deals.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Not to mention all the one year guys coming off the books. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

2012 Patriots Draft Picks

This is the list of the Patriots draft picks going into the 2012 NFL Draft:

Updated: July 28th, 2011

1st Round
    1st Round (New Orleans)
    2nd Round (Oakland)
    2nd Round
    3rd Round
    4th Round

Picks traded away:

7th Round – (KC – Jarrad Page)
    7th Round – (MIN – Randy Moss)
    6th Round – (PHI – Tracy White)
    5th Round – (CIN – Chad Ochocinco)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I wonder if this is the year that BB uses that 2nd 1st rounder.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yeah but do the Pats make picks or tradem out again?  I'd like to see them use 3 out the first 4 picks... and trade out the 4th rounder with one of the top 4 to move up into the following years draft...

Try and get 4 solid players from this draft.  Dline(Pass-Rusher), WR, Safety, CB.. no specific order, but that would be a solid one I think.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : Wow.  Are you suggesting that he doesn't?  OK, if you are then you are certainly entitled to your opinion.  All of this simply because I express the opinion that BB probably knows better than any fan or group of fans how best to manage the football operation.  Is that idea so offensive that you're taking it personally?  And if I'm reading the last two sentences of your most recent post correctly, thoe only reason one should be posting on here is to second-guess BB?  I disagree with that assertion as well. 
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

hahaha

hey there 'fellow' your 'opinion' was a sarcastic comment that you'd 'be sure to e-mail bill what we talk about here'

if you want to post that garbage when we all enjoy talking here... its what a forum is for... then you might as well not show up

get off your high horse and show you know a d@mn about the sport while not insulting those here who do... or don't show up at all

tool

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I think we should resign Waters, Carter , Welker & Mayo. Offer Carter 2 years $8 MIL to $10Mil. Offer Waters 2 Years $6Mil to $9Mil. Wes 3 / $30Mil Mayo is trickier. How about 6 / $45-55Mil 20 Guarenteed. Williams is a nice dream but it Ain't going to happen. Unless he states that he wants out of Houston to play for a ring.
    Posted by looneyman[/QUOTE]

We have an option to bring Waters back at like 2-3 million I think.

All those other numbers look great to me.

Then add Roth (4/14)... either Finnegan at CB (5/30) or a FS like Goldon/Godfrey (5/20) and a WR.. I like Manningham but he will likely be too expensive (like 5/45) and/or stay in NY... so I'd go after Eddie Royal, super fast, of the Bronco's (5/20).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : Draft a WR high(NO first round pick).... try to get Mario Williams.. sign Carter for sure.  Extend Welker. Do everything within reason to get Cortalnd Finnegan to shore up the secondary.  Draft a safety(Third round). Draft a Pass-rusher with our Number 1. Trade down our 2nd, of 2nd round picks, to a possible 1st next year?  Just to add a BB touch to my ideas. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I am down with all those ideas... my plan exactly... except that Williams will be franchised and/or extended for more than we can afford.

Finnegan, Goldson, Roth and Eddie Royal in free agency.

WR Michael Floyd and DE/DT Devon Still in the 1st rd.

A pass rusher at OLB in rd 2  and a trade for a 1st rd in '13 is ok with me.

Safety and Center in rd 3 and 4.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : I am down with all those ideas... my plan exactly... except that Williams will be franchised and/or extended for more than we can afford. Finnegan, Goldson, Roth and Eddie Royal in free agency. WR Michael Floyd and DE/DT Devon Still in the 1st rd. A pass rusher at OLB in rd 2  and a trade for a 1st rd in '13 is ok with me. Safety and Center in rd 3 and 4.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Let's start a petition and send it to BB!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : Let's start a petition and send it to BB!
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

you got it Delonte

I'd be happy with one solid secondary starter signed in free agency and just using all 6 picks we have in the four rounds they are currently located in.

but what I really want is 3-4 starters in free agency, and move up and trade some future picks to get talent now and manage to draft 5 guys in the 25-85 range.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salary Cap Space : you got it Delonte I'd be happy with one solid secondary starter signed in free agency and just using all 6 picks we have in the four rounds they are currently located in. but what I really want is 3-4 starters in free agency, and move up and trade some future picks to get talent now and manage to draft 5 guys in the 25-85 range.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, but you know that won't happen... I'd be happy with 3 outa 4 from the draft.