Salary Cap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

Salary Cap

So where are we now that Sanders  and Whilite are gone.  Shouldn't we be over $10mil in cap space?  I can't see us signing to many more FA and we have to spend the $$ with new CBA right, so do we resign in house????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Salary Cap

one of the few threads with some kind of value and everyone passes it.

we have $12 million free according to profootballtalk

U would think we are getting a high priced safety soon.

the salary floor doesnt take effect until 2 years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

probably use it to extend contracts of players already on the team whos' contracts are comming up...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

We have the money and the DRAFT PICKS to get  a huge impact player or 2 good ones.

I don´t know about a safety, BB likes Merry, and he almost never gets hurt. i´m just saying...

Maybe a great RG or a LB ? i hope spikes is OK, he can be a beast.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

I would like to see Mayo locked up for another 4 years (extension) and have the signing bonus hit this year so the following years gives the Pats good flexibility.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from batou. Show batou's posts

In Response to Re: Salary Cap:
    [QUOTE]I would like to see Mayo locked up for another 4 years (extension) and have the signing bonus hit this year so the following years gives the Pats good flexibility.
    Posted by gln826[/QUOTE]

Wow, well reasoned long term thinking right there.  I'm putting you on ignore!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah, I don't put much stock in Salary cap numbers reported in the preseason.  My guess is they are wrong, somewhere around the trade deadline is when we'll see what the real numbers are.  For all we know the Pats have a half a dozen contract offers out right now and are negotiating with more of their own guys on extensions.  They have to account for offers. 

The Pats have been $0.07 under, and as far as 2.85mil under but that's it, so I don't think they will leave any money on the table here once the roster is filled out for good. 

The other issue would be who is there really to sign?  Gurode might be worth a look.  Overall I didn't think there was a ton of talent in free agency this year, less now.  I liked the CB Joseph and Nnamdi and a couple others. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]I would like to see Mayo locked up for another 4 years (extension) and have the signing bonus hit this year so the following years gives the Pats good flexibility.
    Posted by gln826[/QUOTE]

I think you mean spread the money over the following years, so it does not take up the remaing salary cap.

They have Welker to still re-sign  and probably BJGE

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salary Cap : I think you mean spread the money over the following years, so it does not take up the remaing salary cap. They have Welker to still re-sign  and probably BJGE
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    No, he means this year so they will have more room for the following years. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Salary Cap : No, he means this year so they will have more room for the following years. 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

My bad....pay the guaranteed now...more salary cap in following years....I was wrong

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

actually, i'm thinking we have a combination thats going to happen. 1st I am pretty sure with the numbers going right now still in camp, some larger amounts are to be freed up soon, with that said, i see an older (sharper type) safety coming in as  3rd safety slot type and extending both Mayo and Welker's contract.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michael02127. Show Michael02127's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I don't put much stock in Salary cap numbers reported in the preseason.  My guess is they are wrong, somewhere around the trade deadline is when we'll see what the real numbers are.  For all we know the Pats have a half a dozen contract offers out right now and are negotiating with more of their own guys on extensions.  They have to account for offers.  The Pats have been $0.07 under, and as far as 2.85mil under but that's it, so I don't think they will leave any money on the table here once the roster is filled out for good.  The other issue would be who is there really to sign?  Gurode might be worth a look.  Overall I didn't think there was a ton of talent in free agency this year, less now.  I liked the CB Joseph and Nnamdi and a couple others.

Good info, I figured as much since there really insn't real impact players left in FA but I guess that might change after the roster cuts, never know..
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

How often in the last 11 years has this team locked up a Teir 1 player early? 

Sections
Shortcuts