Sam Aiken

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: Sam Aiken

I would hope BB gives him a look...our STs are playing well but it never hurts to add a good STs player, plus he can play WR if needed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i wouldnt mind, but who gets cut? slater?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Is the Pats roster full at 53? I must admit I don't know from week to week with all the trades, IRs, practice squad moves.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

In Response to Re: Sam Aiken:
    Is the Pats roster full at 53? I must admit I don't know from week to week with all the trades, IRs, practice squad moves.
    Posted by harleyroadking

Plus Sam just played against the Ravens so he might have a little inside info perhaps.  I would think he would be more valuable than a few on the actives.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Why did they release him?  I don't think they'll bring him back, the ST's are doing just fine without him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If someone on ST gets injured I could see this signing, otherwise it won't happen. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They only have one available spot for him and that would be on the PS. They lost PSQB Ratliff last week and haven't replaced him to my knowledge,the other moves were trading Moss to Minnesota which they then re-signed Ojinnaka to take his place and then of course they acquired Branch and to make room for him they put Kaczur on the IR. As far as I know those would be all of the moves and thusly tells me that since they didn't replace Ratliff the only spot open is his on the PS.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

look, I know I run the risk of being called troll on this board, but you have to give Mangini credit. He knows his personnel. If he cut Aiken, he wasn't getting it done for the Browns. That makes BB and Mangini giving up on him. Dont think he makes Pats special teams any better   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Sam Aiken:
    They only have one available spot for him and that would be on the PS. They lost PSQB Ratliff last week and haven't replaced him to my knowledge,the other moves were trading Moss to Minnesota which they then re-signed Ojinnaka to take his place and then of course they acquired Branch and to make room for him they put Kaczur on the IR. As far as I know those would be all of the moves and thusly tells me that since they didn't replace Ratliff the only spot open is his on the PS.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

Is he still eligible to play on the P/S?  I liked him.  Wasn't he a special teams captain last year?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

pass

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I like Aiken as a special teams guy, but he doesn't offer much else because he was a lousy receiver.  I think Slater may be a little bit more versatile on special teams (pretty close to Aiken in coverage skills, but a better kick returner) which is why he ended up making the team over Aiken.  Not sure Slater is any good as a receiver either, but BB is starting to give him some snaps with the offense, so we'll see. What we do know from last year is that Aiken isn't very good as a back-up receiver.  I suspect BB will keep an eye on Aiken and bring him in if there's an injury or if he feels he needs another fast guy on special teams.  But I don't see this as a priority for BB at this point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

i doubt aiken has ps eligibilty... he was basically replaced by white(58) who leads the team in ST tackles..

Sections
Shortcuts