sam burns thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

sam burns thread

Kraft

gotta love this kid.  Patriots remember their "best " fan.

read the article written by Rick Reilly:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9834297/rick-reilly-special-patriots-fan

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: sam burns thread

Sad story, but inspiring at the same time. RIP Sam.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

That's a sad story.  Brave kid.  I like Bob Kraft more all the time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

What an incredibly brave young man and a true inspiration for all. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

thanks for the link.  what an amazing life; all the cliches apply here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Truly amazing how inspirational he chose to be understanding what his fate was. He made a lasting impression in his short life and should a be model for  all on how to live life.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: sam berns thread

I wanted to correct the spelling of his name... ( sorry, sam ) my name gets mis-spelled all the time too.  Oh well. 

Thanks to Bob Kraft and Sam Berns (with an e) for reminding us that  a lot of really interesting people come in all shapes and appearances... and just need to be appreciated in general but also for their uniqueness and their perspective . 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

RIP Sam, a true inspiration to many folks. God bless you and your family.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

All Patriot Nation is a sadder place with him gone...

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

our 12th man

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I was at a Progeria Research Foundation fundraiser event on the North Shore a while back and Sam spoke in person at the event -- not so much as an emcee but rather that he made his way around the room speaking to groups of people.  He was as articulate and gifted as any speaker as I've ever seen.  Never once did he say anything that could be construed as feeling sorry for himself.  It was always about how he was just trying to live his live and make a difference with the limited time he knew he had. I've never seen anyone have a perspective like that boy had.   

I was on the train to work the other day while live streaming the radio on my phone and I started weeping when I heard that he passed away.  Not ashamed to admit that.  I am sure Sam would have told me not to weep but to do something to help someone out instead of  shedding tears for him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

I was at a Progeria Research Foundation fundraiser event on the North Shore a while back and Sam spoke in person at the event -- not so much as an emcee but rather that he made his way around the room speaking to groups of people.  He was as articulate and gifted as any speaker as I've ever seen.  Never once did he say anything that could be construed as feeling sorry for himself.  It was always about how he was just trying to live his live and make a difference with the limited time he knew he had. I've never seen anyone have a perspective like that boy had.   

I was on the train to work the other day while live streaming the radio on my phone and I started weeping when I heard that he passed away.  Not ashamed to admit that.  I am sure Sam would have told me not to weep but to do something to help someone out instead of  shedding tears for him. 

Thanks for sharing those thoughts...  Trying to remember all the things he did.  Was he in the booth for a game doing commentary...?  Have to look it up.  Totally relate to wht you are saying about the kids spirit and his personality.  Truly amazing and you're not the only one shedding a tear or 2. 

Sam was  a big Bruins fan as well and he was in the booth for a visit with Dale arnold during a game this year. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

our 12th man

[/QUOTE]

great thought... 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

our 12th man

[/QUOTE]

+100

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Chara was buds with him too. Sad story.. i think using sam as our "12th man" is probably what is happening.

it is like MHK year. someone close to the boss has passed.

Win it for the kid boys

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

RIP Sam, a true inspiration to many folks. God bless you and your family.

[/QUOTE]

Agree 

Sections
Shortcuts