Same Old Story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Same Old Story

We've seen this act before. Next year the Pats will have the #1 offense,score the most points, go 13-3, maybe get a playoff bye.Then Brady & the Offense will piss down thier leg.I posted a couple weeks ago that the Patroits were 6-6 in there last 12 playoff games and got beatup, well they are now 7-7, Same old story,Same OLD ......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Re: Same Old Story

And in the 7-7 Brady has not put 2 good playoff games together in a row....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Agree

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

Agree

Bigger picture. Since 2007 the best offense has not put together two consecutive good games. The Patrios offense is basically a fantasy football team. The pile up stats (points and yards) in the regular seaon, but are not adapted to performing in the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to dwhite1220's comment:

Agree

Bigger picture. Since 2007 the best offense has not put together two consecutive good games. The Patrios offense is basically a fantasy football team. The pile up stats (points and yards) in the regular seaon, but are not adapted to performing in the playoffs.

Agree

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Well this is such a produtive thread I almost feel bad writing anything on it. Just for a few laughs though instead of just bashing the team and saying the sky is falling could one of you suggest a way in which to fix the problems?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

The Pats need two legit WR on both sides to stay at the top.  If not, I see a big dropoff.

This is silly while Brady and BB are still with this team there will be no drop off. The closest thing to a big drop off during their tenure is going all the way from 11-5 in 08 with all the old heads on defense to 10-6 in 09 when the defensive retooling began

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

And this year WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERENT with McDaniels running the show and excellent RUNNING GAME statistics  ...  Not.

This same old story points sadly to the OC having limited role in the offensive game plan..  it's all on BB and Brady.  Their combined brainpower hasn't enough creativity to outduel a defense that knows them.  They arrogantly and stubbornly force the same old stuff and get same old result in big games.  SAD.

PLUS this exposes the shortcomings of an offense with small receivers and a lead footed QB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Well this is such a produtive thread I almost feel bad writing anything on it. Just for a few laughs though instead of just bashing the team and saying the sky is falling could one of you suggest a way in which to fix the problems?

Trolls dont do that. Their job is only to stir the spot and hope their misreble lives become contagious to others.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

And this year WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERENT with McDaniels running the show and excellent RUNNING GAME statistics  ...  Not.

This same old story points sadly to the OC having limited role in the offensive game plan..  it's all on BB and Brady.  Their combined brainpower hasn't enough creativity to outduel a defense that knows them.  They arrogantly and stubbornly force the same old stuff and get same old result in big games.  SAD.

PLUS this exposes the shortcomings of an offense with small receivers and a lead footed QB.

Really?

Here's the perspective of an Actual player and not a serial Offense basher.

DTIB (Walpole)

Tedy: Much has been written about the Brady and BB era maybe being over what is your feeling on this?

Tedy   (11:14 AM)

I don't think the Brady/Belichick era is over, but if continues to be "just" the Brady/Belichick era, they will come up short year after year. Other names need to start to be associated when talking about this team. Too many just mention Brady and Belichick. It takes so much more than a quarterback and a head coach to win championships.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You have to agree with all of the other posters about their poor playoff performance in the past few years.  I  had this discussion with other Patriots fans before the playoffs began.  Why does a team who is so dominant in the regular season lose so many playoff games?  Not sure what the solution is to having more success in the future.  I do know that Brady has only a few good years left, barring any serious injuries.  If the Patriots want to win another Super Bowl while Brady is still with the Patriots, someone has to try to analyze why this team has been so disappointing in the playoffs. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we all agree Brady is over the hill. What's your solution bright boy? Regale us with your master plan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Really?

DTIB (Walpole)

Tedy: Much has been written about the Brady and BB era maybe being over what is your feeling on this?

I don't think the Brady/Belichick era is over, but if continues to be "just" the Brady/Belichick era, they will come up short year after year. Other names need to start to be associated when talking about this team. Too many just mention Brady and Belichick. It takes so much more than a quarterback and a head coach to win championships.

Agree 100%.  The bb/brady I'm talking about is the brainpower that runs this offense.   this years team had more pieces in place to use a more diverse offense.  WHY DID THAT NOT HAPPEN, PEZZ.... ?

why did the drives fail, time and again?  The offense failed to come up with plays that worked in the critical moments if the game (plus you had mistakes like phantom holding penalties , drops, bad throws, and turnovers .

You didn't get the sense they were forcing the ball through the air on a windy night where a more disciplined, conservative approach would have increased the chances of making first downs and sustaining drives  .?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

You have to agree with all of the other posters about their poor playoff performance in the past few years.  I  had this discussion with other Patriots fans before the playoffs began.  Why does a team who is so dominant in the regular season lose so many playoff games?  Not sure what the solution is to having more success in the future.  I do know that Brady has only a few good years left, barring any serious injuries.  If the Patriots want to win another Super Bowl while Brady is still with the Patriots, someone has to try to analyze why this team has been so disappointing in the playoffs. 

Its the same answer when the Colts were asking these questions for years. TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON YOUR QB TO PEFORM. When the Ravens finally got near the Redzone, they executed. We kept getting stopped or stopped ourselves with drops. Last year in the SB, if just ONE of Four passes are caught instead of dropped, we WIN!

With out a real shutdown Defense and a Real RB threat(Ridley was nice early on, but Ballerina was inconsistent 2nd half of season and scared noone) so its always BB and Brady and even BB is letting Brady down with consertative gameplans. The Ravens with their juggernaut D should be the one playing conservative, not us! We score 36 a game regular season by being agressive and now BB is punting from opponents 30 yard line!??!?!?  Wow... Brady cant do it alone and Manning proved that. U can put these gimmicky players on offense and wanna be all pros on defense but truth is THESE guys dont Show up in postseason and we got what we deserved! Ray Lewis Retirement Party countdown Bulletin!?!??!   Now this year, I finally see why other fans hate us! We are too Arrogant and I dont think THIS team will Ever win again. May as well trade both BB and Brady...j/k

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Really?

DTIB (Walpole)

Unlike SO MANY HERE Bruschi actually has a clue. LMAO

Mediocre team + Great QB + Great coach + amateur coordinators = close but no cigar - perpetually.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Susan I fully agree it's been poor but in that 7-7 record some years we just wern't good enough to win it all so that has to be taken into account, this to me counts for the losses in 05,09 and maybe even 10 although we should have won that jets game. You then have to take into account the bagjob in indy in 06. That leaves it as 7-3 in games we were good enough to win. Then the final factor and I feel it's a major one in the playoffs and one that you can't prepare for and that's luck. We didn't have any on Sunday, we lost Gronk which was bad enough but then we lost Talib and when was the last time you seen a turnover generated from a KO. Wilfork did nothing for the first game this season, don't really know why. To really get the full impact of these points you probably need to imagine the Ravens had lost some of their major players. First of all i'll compare Bolden to Gronk except Gronk is better, we had red zone problems Gronk fixes these and can you imagine how Balt would have played without Bolden. I'm going to compare Talib to Lewis simply because of their importance to either D, everyone saw how the Ravens were this year without Lewis. Finally if Ngata had had as bad a game as Wilfork, they would have been in trouble...the team ran freely enough with Ngata in there. Bearing all this is mind we were still in the game until the mid point of the 4th quarter. This is a good team and given the roll of the dice I think it'll win the superbowl next year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The bb/brady I'm talking about is the brainpower that runs this offense.   this years team had more pieces in place to use a more diverse offense.  WHY DID THAT NOT HAPPEN, PEZZ.... ?

Because Belichick clearly just doesn't understand this game as well as a guy like you and this team he built which is burgeoning with elite talent at every position was simply misused by the Hoodie.

A guy like Bruschi is also just not of your caliber when it comes to this analysis as he foolishly says the team just isn't that good when you know if a mastermind like yourself was at the wheel they would dazzle the league with brilliant strategy and win it all.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from paularnold. Show paularnold's posts

It sucks to watch your team lose in the playoffs so close to another Super Bowl, but only four teams got this close.  A couple of plays go a different way we're writing about how we're going to another Super Bowl.  Sure, this was not a performance I'm sure the Patriots are happy about, but I'm not willing to hop on board the bandwagon for writing Brady and Belichicks eulogy.

This is still a very young team that played without two big offensive weapons and two big defensive players as well.  Obviously Gronk affects the whole offense, and when he goes down other players have to step up.  The loss of Edelman is highly underrated for this reason. When the Pats spread it out they are forced to put Deion Branch in, who provides almost nothing.  Edelman is elusive and has the ability to turn a 5 yard catch into a big play.  Branch has the ability to turn a five yard catch into a five yard catch.

Defensively, Chandler Jones played two snaps.  His absensce was noticable.  The defensive left ends (Francis and Scott)  got no push in this game.  Also, the defensive landscape changed drastically when Talib was injured.  He was able to cover Boldin early in the game. Marquis Cole was not.

I know injuries happen to every team, and I am not using them as much for an excuse as much as to say that these guys should be back next year.  (I am aware that Edelman and Talib are free agents but I'd be surprised if they both weren't back.  Who's really going to offer Talib much?  He was suspended 4 games for violating the leagues drug policy, this after Tampa after an offseason where he may or may not have tried to shoot his sister's boyfriend.  Tampa traded him at the deadline.  He played well for NE but was injured twice in that stint).  I would think that the continued improvement of the young players (such as Jones, Dennard, Hightower, Wilson, Solder, Ridley, and Vereen) should make this team more formidible in the future.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The trend continues... dump, dump, dump....   but, what Bruschi said hits home.. an ENTIRE TEAM needs to step up, not just the Brady/BB guys!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Sure. Get better players. That starts with replacing the GM who has brought us this motley assortment of mediocrity mixed in with a very few top notch performers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Really?

DTIB (Walpole)

Agree 100%.  The bb/brady I'm talking about is the brainpower that runs this offense.   this years team had more pieces in place to use a more diverse offense.  WHY DID THAT NOT HAPPEN, PEZZ.... ?

why did the drives fail, time and again?  The offense failed to come up with plays that worked in the critical moments if the game (plus you had mistakes like phantom holding penalties , drops, bad throws, and turnovers .

You didn't get the sense they were forcing the ball through the air on a windy night where a more disciplined, conservative approach would have increased the chances of making first downs and sustaining drives  .?

Well they had equal trips to the RZ and equal possessions.

One team executed in the RZ and the other didn't.

One team stopped the other in the RZ and the other didn't.

One team scored 13 points and the other half allowed 28.

One team scored 28 pts and the other half allowed 13.

One team made difficult catches in traffic, the other dropped easy ones.

One team made bone crushing hits and the other made bone crushing whiffs.

You can't have one without the other, they both apply.

It's never the fault of a single player or coach.  The rest of the team has to step up.

One  team did and the other team didn't.

The only thing you can really dispute, is why?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

The trend continues... dump, dump, dump....   but, what Bruschi said hits home.. an ENTIRE TEAM needs to step up, not just the Brady/BB guys!!!

Bruschi didn't say the team needs to step up. He said the team surrounding BB + B isn't that good. And only one guy can be blamed for that. Bruschi just "dumped" on the talent level of the team.

It is facinating that so many people just want to deny this team isn't all that talented except for a precious few.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They are not the most talented team by any means. The Patriots are well coached and usually get good play from Brady. That can win against many of the teams but they need more talent to beat the best teams. The whole team played lousy on Sunday other than the o-line and special teams.  Without changes the same thing will happen next year, including a quick exit from the playoffs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Why does a team who is so dominant in the regular season lose so many playoff games? 

Because they beat up on poor to average teams but don't do so well against the good ones during the season.

Sections
Shortcuts