Same team as last year?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Same team as last year?

Looks like we can expect more of the same next season.  It's never a bad thing when you are 11-5, 12-4 year after year, but I expect that the Pats make it to the playoffs and win a game or two. 

Let's face it, we didn't sign anyone in FA, we can't expect rookies to come in and dominate from day one, our 2nd best WR may never be the same, and we are getting a year older. 

I think we are one season out from where we were a few years ago.  We will be dominant once again, but not this year.  It's great to be 11-5, but we really can't expect a SB this year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Same team as last year?

You share the same sentiment as a lot of other fans here but at least you don't think the sky is falling.

To me, there weren't too many free agent options that could fit within our system, our locker room and come at a price we can swing. Some fans say Kraft is a billionaire so money shouldn't be the object. Well, he didn't become a billionaire by being careless with his money. And if you swing and miss on a player, you hamper your team for a good while. See Adalius Thomas.

I think we can get a receiver via the draft and decent defensive help too. We're not that far off. I think with better play-calling, we'll be significantly better than last year. Our team will be more experienced, more battle-tested, and more cohesive.

As a fan, I expect a Super Bowl every year, especially from a team led by Belichick and Brady. Not too many people said New Orleans would win the Super Bowl this year. Or that the Giants would win it in 2007.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Same team as last year?:
    Looks like we can expect more of the same next season.  It's never a bad thing when you are 11-5, 12-4 year after year, but I expect that the Pats make it to the playoffs and win a game or two.  Let's face it, we didn't sign anyone in FA, we can't expect rookies to come in and dominate from day one, our 2nd best WR may never be the same, and we are getting a year older.  I think we are one season out from where we were a few years ago.  We will be dominant once again, but not this year.  It's great to be 11-5, but we really can't expect a SB this year. 
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

Does Free Agency only last 6 days in Germany without a Draft?  We usually have a longer Free Agency period and actually hold a draft before we start the season here......Maybe you just needed clarification.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Looks like we can expect more of the same next season.  It's never a bad thing when you are 11-5, 12-4 year after year, but I expect that the Pats make it to the playoffs and win a game or two.  Let's face it, we didn't sign anyone in FA, we can't expect rookies to come in and dominate from day one, our 2nd best WR may never be the same, and we are getting a year older.  I think we are one season out from where we were a few years ago.  We will be dominant once again, but not this year.  It's great to be 11-5, but we really can't expect a SB this year. 
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

I don't exactly agree with you.  Tom, Jarod, Ty and Vincent will be healthy again which will be a big improvement.  Also, Dean Pees our former DC is gone and I am pretty sure our Defense will play with more aggressive play calls.  I can also see Sebastian Vollmer getting playing time at RT which means Tom will have much more time to find the open receiver and I also expect to see the Offense use the TE more this year which can only mean good things.  I think we can be pretty darn good this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

In Response to Re: Same team as last year?:
    In Response to Same team as last year? : Does Free Agency only last 6 days in Germany without a Draft?  We usually have a longer Free Agency period and actually hold a draft before we start the season here......Maybe you just needed clarification.....
    Posted by m1021us

Ouch.

So who will be our big FA addition that makes a lock for the SB?  Do you expect the rookies to come in and dominate from day one?  Anything is possible, but I don't think it's very likely.  I'm just trying to be realistic here.   We will make the playoffs and win a game or two but I can't see us winning it all and I'm really okay with that. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i' think they'll be better and in the championship game at least. have faith

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I do have faith and I'm really not trying to bash them.

Imagine if we were rooting for the Lions or Raiders instead?  Those teams stunk and there's no hope in sight.  They will be miserable for the next 10 years.

I am truly okay with a 11-5 team.  I don't really think this will be the year.  They have a young core and will be set to go the year after and for many seasons after that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Anarchy99. Show Anarchy99's posts

How many games do they play in March?  A few years ago the Pats were in the same position and then ended up with Welker and Moss.  Let's revisit things in September when we can see the full rosters of all 32 teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

How many games do they play in March?  Posted by Anarchy99

That saying is waaaayyy over played and it's not even a year old yet.

I think the Pats are a top 5 team in the league, but are they gonna beat New Orleans?  I seriously doubt it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Eventhough the Pats signed their 'own' and haven't brought in a FA who will 'knock' all of our socks off, the one thing we have right now is 'Time'.   The Patriots haven't finished 'rounding' out this team yet for 2010-11. 

Every year is different, as none of us can predict injuries, how other teams will matchup vs the Pats this yr, the bounce of the balls, official calls, coaching decisions, etc etc...we can go on and on here....

Believe me, I know a lot of Pats fans were waiting for 'Julius Peppers' and or 'Anq. Bolin' but the Pats didn't get either of these guys.  This would have been their 'Splash' this yr.   After they didn't get these guys, everyone then turned to who's remaining out there...then we started looking at RFA's...(ex, Brandon Marshall)...

Lets see how thing shake out from here on in, we have the Draft coming up - which I'm totally excited about and want the Pats to get Brandon Graham from Michigan (OLB/DE) - who I think can be an IMPACT this year!...

Funny things happen on Draft day too, who knows - maybe no one has signed Brandon Marshall by then, and Denver all of sudden - their price drops for him (say a 2nd rounder now) and we own 3 second rounders.....Who knows!  My point is, crazy things happen, the Pats have the chips in the draft still to make moves...I don't think they are done yet - they know they need a player to put them over the top, I think when the TIME is right, they'll pounce. 

GO PATS! 2010 -

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Same team, but they aren't at the same level of talent as last year. I say 8-8.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

there are a few FA's left that could help this team. Whether the team wants to take a chance on them, or is really in the mindset of "getting younger and rebuilding", is yet to be seen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Expect great things out of this draft.

Chung, Brace, Tate, and Volmer were not drafted to be immediate impact players.

Volmer just happened to be an impact player right away.

It is highly possible we will get 4 immediate impact players in the first 2 rounds of this draft, especially if BB drafts for immediate need, which he most definitely did not draft for in 2009.

There are so many studs in the first two rounds this year. I'm so happy that we should be getting 4 of them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The Pats had a lot of new players last year, as well as rookies.  They will all be better and contribute more this year.  Wilfork and others on defense, now that they have contracts, will step up and be leaders.  That was missing last year. The Pats will get very good players in what is a very deep draft, and they probably will pick up some good role players to fill some needs, which has worked well for them in the past.  Brady also will have a year of recuperation behind him.  Could be a very good year.  We will see soon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

Chung, Brace, Tate, and Volmer were not drafted to be immediate impact players. This is true and don't forget Mackenzie (and who know Crable may play sometime too). These players could all be factors... I am wishing they had traded Seymour for this year's draft, though. I'd like to have seen them make a play for Ryan Clark... I was surprised that the Patriots didn't try to pick him up.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I'd like add a question. What team is everyone scared of? The saints? Are you kidding? How many players are they going to lose? Didn't they have 29 free agents? At their best they are a flawed team because they can't stop the run. Are people scared of the Jets? With dirty sanchez? If he doesn't develop, then they'll only be average. As it stands now that offense has no punch. The dolphins and chad henne/pennington? They are losing Porter and Taylor. Adding a good ILB won't help their pathetic pass rush. 

I thought Germans fought hard and never gave up? Come on Patsfan from Germany, have faith. The Pats have a hall of fame QB and a hall of fame coach, and you're already waving the white flag? That's just weak. Here's some optimism:
    a) Brady will be in full rhythm
    b) Their locker room will be strong after last year's crap. No way that repeats itself. Bad seeds will be gone.
    c) Their sophomores will likely improve. They have many that should play a bigger role. 
    d) This year's draft is stocked, and the Pats have 4 prime picks. 
    e) FA's not over! Those big ticket signings usually don't work (AD, Stallworth (he was passed by Gaffney)). Their best FA pickups have been later on in FA, so just be patient. It hasn't even been a week and everyone's going nuts. Just crazy.
    f) Smart people are managing this club. Signing their FA's is an underrated and great move. Think of this team without Wilfork and Bodden? If they lost Wilfork and signed Peppers the team would've taken a huge step back. No way they stop the run well. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'd like add a question. What team is everyone scared of? The saints? Are you kidding? How many players are they going to lose? Didn't they have 29 free agents? At their best they are a flawed team because they can't stop the run. Are people scared of the Jets? With dirty sanchez? If he doesn't develop, then they'll only be average. As it stands now that offense has no punch. The dolphins and chad henne/pennington? They are losing Porter and Taylor. Adding a good ILB won't help their pathetic pass rush.  I thought Germans fought hard and never gave up? Come on Patsfan from Germany, have faith. The Pats have a hall of fame QB and a hall of fame coach, and you're already waving the white flag? That's just weak. Here's some optimism: a) Brady will be in full rhythm b) Their locker room will be strong after last year's crap. No way that repeats itself. Bad seeds will be gone. c) Their sophomores will likely improve. They have many that should play a bigger role.  d) This year's draft is stocked, and the Pats have 4 prime picks.  e) FA's not over! Those big ticket signings usually don't work (AD, Stallworth (he was passed by Gaffney)). Their best FA pickups have been later on in FA, so just be patient. It hasn't even been a week and everyone's going nuts. Just crazy. f) Smart people are managing this club. Signing their FA's is an underrated and great move. Think of this team without Wilfork and Bodden? If they lost Wilfork and signed Peppers the team would've taken a huge step back. No way they stop the run well. 
    Posted by Rockdog1293000

Good stuff. Thank you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from clarkeyj1. Show clarkeyj1's posts

You share the same sentiment as a lot of other fans here but at least you don't think the sky is falling. To me, there weren't too many free agent options that could fit within our system, our locker room and come at a price we can swing. Some fans say Kraft is a billionaire so money shouldn't be the object. Well, he didn't become a billionaire by being careless with his money. And if you swing and miss on a player, you hamper your team for a good while. See Adalius Thomas. I think we can get a receiver via the draft and decent defensive help too. We're not that far off. I think with better play-calling, we'll be significantly better than last year. Our team will be more experienced, more battle-tested, and more cohesive. As a fan, I expect a Super Bowl every year, especially from a team led by Belichick and Brady. Not too many people said New Orleans would win the Super Bowl this year. Or that the Giants would win it in 2007.
    Posted by apdynasty23

How do you get MORE EXPERIENCE WITH rookies from the DRAFT? and LOSING players via FA and not signing any NEW FA?  You make no sense...Granted SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR gains more experience but once again SAME TEAM is hardly going to make it significantly better.

Youre a fan do not be so NIAVE, Kraft Won a few superbowls and taking the winnings to build to gain profit around as ATTRACTIONS, while the HYPE IS still THERE. OFCOURSE hes not going to throw his money around carelessly hes trying to invest in it with real estate, not players.  With the sold out games for years now he is cashing in during the season but losing out on the offseason.

Soon it is going to backfire, unless we either win a superbowl or atleast make a damn effort.  This offseason was a showing of we are content with a mediocre team that can make it to the playoffs, if real fans start seeing this then its going to be trouble. Because I aint buying into this. 

If you think we have a shot to make the superbowl this year with the team we have and you think SIGNING DAVID PATTEN AND GOING AFTER JOSH REED AND ALGE CRUMPLER is good for this team... then you obviously do not know football and should pick up Football for dummies my friend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Same team as last year? : How do you get MORE EXPERIENCE WITH rookies from the DRAFT? and LOSING players via FA and not signing any NEW FA?  You make no sense...Granted SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR gains more experience but once again SAME TEAM is hardly going to make it significantly better. Youre a fan do not be so NIAVE, Kraft Won a few superbowls and taking the winnings to build to gain profit around as ATTRACTIONS, while the HYPE IS still THERE. OFCOURSE hes not going to throw his money around carelessly hes trying to invest in it with real estate, not players.  With the sold out games for years now he is cashing in during the season but losing out on the offseason. Soon it is going to backfire, unless we either win a superbowl or atleast make a damn effort.  This offseason was a showing of we are content with a mediocre team that can make it to the playoffs, if real fans start seeing this then its going to be trouble. Because I aint buying into this.  If you think we have a shot to make the superbowl this year with the team we have and you think SIGNING DAVID PATTEN AND GOING AFTER JOSH REED AND ALGE CRUMPLER is good for this team... then you obviously do not know football and should pick up Football for dummies my friend.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

Tsk tsk.

Experience is a bit overrated, my friend. Sometimes, it's good to just be naive and have raw ability so you can pin your ears back and just play. When you draft, you can draft for immediate impact or you can draft for development. Mayo was drafted for immediate impact and he did just that. Edelman was drafted as a developmental project. With a stacked draft and a slew of picks, I suspect the Patriots will draft for immediate impact knowing the free agent crop isn't looking too great. March 11, 2007, we did not have Randy Moss or Wes Welker on our roster but we did by the time the season started. That's another point I'd like to make: you don't give the final verdict on a team's offseason based on ONE WEEK. I did not say I was fine with bringing back last year's team granted we did not win the Super Bowl. I am, however, elated with the fact that we MAINTAINED that in a sport where economics don't allow you to keep all your best players and now we're going into the draft with great early picks at a good value.

I will state it again: Robert Kraft did not become a billionaire by being stupid. I will always support the guy because he put a winning product on the field and also kept the team in New England when they were this close to being ousted. Just because he's a billionaire doesn't mean he should spend stupid and sign Boldin, Dansby, Peppers, and trade for Marshall and sign him up too. Ask Redskins fans how that type of ownership fares. The past season was not an admission of "we're ok with being average." It was a necessary evil. Either you keep Vrabel and force Bruschi into the lineup or you take a step back now to take two steps forward. We were clearly rebuilding with a young, inexperienced team and yet we won our division. We blew at least 3 games that a more experienced team and a healthy Brady would have won easily.

If you're a real Patriots fan, I pity you because it's March 11th and you're already throwing in the towel. Have some hope, kiddo. Big Ben's being labeled a rapist. Peyton will undoubetdly choke again. The Saints are losing half their good players. The Patriots will be a title contender.

By the way, being intelligent and patient is not the same as being naive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Apdynasty you shouldn't have dignified that with a response. 

Clarkey, I don't get it. If the Pats are such a lost cause, why are you writing on a Pats message board? 

Who have they lost via FA? Jarvis Green? Give me a break. WEAK argument. They signed the best NT on the market, and the best corner. 

You don't win by signing Josh Reed and Alge Crumpler? Yes you do, idiot. You don't win by signing big ticket FA's like Peppers and Adalius Thomas. How many super bowls has Daniel Snyder bought? 0 

Mike Vrabel, David Patten, Phifer, Otis Smith, and Anthony Pleasant were also 'boring' signings. They happened to win the super bowl with them. You probably weren't a fan then, so it's cool that you gloss over this fact. Idiot. Go become a Jets fan if you think the Pats don't have a shot, but don't come on here spewing anti Kraft rhetoric and call people stupid for supporting a football team.

In Response to Re: Same team as last year? : How do you get MORE EXPERIENCE WITH rookies from the DRAFT? and LOSING players via FA and not signing any NEW FA?  You make no sense...Granted SAME TEAM AS LAST YEAR gains more experience but once again SAME TEAM is hardly going to make it significantly better. Youre a fan do not be so NIAVE, Kraft Won a few superbowls and taking the winnings to build to gain profit around as ATTRACTIONS, while the HYPE IS still THERE. OFCOURSE hes not going to throw his money around carelessly hes trying to invest in it with real estate, not players.  With the sold out games for years now he is cashing in during the season but losing out on the offseason. Soon it is going to backfire, unless we either win a superbowl or atleast make a damn effort.  This offseason was a showing of we are content with a mediocre team that can make it to the playoffs, if real fans start seeing this then its going to be trouble. Because I aint buying into this.  If you think we have a shot to make the superbowl this year with the team we have and you think SIGNING DAVID PATTEN AND GOING AFTER JOSH REED AND ALGE CRUMPLER is good for this team... then you obviously do not know football and should pick up Football for dummies my friend.
    Posted by clarkeyj1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

And you CANNOT use the argument that Kraft doesn't pay after he shelled out an extreme amount of money for Bodden, Wilfork, and Neal. Please, evaluate that statement. Think it over. It makes no sense! It's an incredibly dumb argument! Stop using tired rhetoric. 

I'll give you a clue, since you don't have one. Here are some points to attack the Pats if you want to continue to be a negative douch e:

a) Belichick hasn't delegated authority
    b) Tom brady's gone soft. Giselle made him a wuss.
    c) Belichick's gone crazy.
    d) Kraft is a cheap owner who only cares about his bottom line.

oops, d) is actually your sole argument and it makes no sense given his actions of the past 12 years. Please leave this forum to real fans who care about the team you tool.

Posted by clarkeyj1

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

SPREAD OUT!!!!!!!!!!......... Look, no ones gonna know anything until the draft. Theres no use guessing because BB always throws us for a loop. We have to wait and see who the Patriots get and then we can bash each others brains out over who is what. I wanna see who we get this year as new cheerleaders.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I wonder what the "patient" fans will say if Belichick pulls a "trade for value" draft? People act like Belichick is this master of player personell, but he's drafted more duds than studs.

The fact that Rockdogg wants to say that the Pats signed the best NT and CB available in FA, even though Casey Hampton and Duanta Robinson are both better at their positions, is a bogus argument. All the Pats did was re-sign their FA. This is basically the same team that was outed in the first round by the Ravens. What did the other teams in the AFC do that didn't make the SB? They went out and fixed thier holes. The Jets got another CB because all Peyton Manning did in the AFCC was pick on not Reevis, even though the media would have you believe he destroyed Reevis, The Ravens landed a bunch of WRs because they lacked a passing game against the Colts. What did we do? NOTHING! Someone pissed in the Kool-aid, people, stop drinking!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Posted by PatsFanGermany

It's too early to tell.

Here's what to look for...

- an addition of a workhorse back
    - a fullback
    - an influx of in-line blocking TEs

If at least 2/3 of the changes occur, you'll see a different team in 2010.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

What are you a [ fool, idiot, fair-weather, bandwagon, know nothing about football, dumb, stupid ]?  It's only day [ fill in # ] of free agency. 

There is plenty of unwanted Free Agent garbage left to sift through.  We have 4 top draft picks that will come in an immediately produce at a high level just like Brace, Chung and Butler did last year.

Now in the future don't ever have a different opinion then mine even if your absolutely correct, like in this case.  If you do me and my cronies will mercilessly attach you.Laughing