Samual on trading block

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Samual on trading block

Do the Pats bring him in again?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: Samual on trading block

No. Ship has sailed.  I don't know anyone who would trade for that deal. This is the 3rd year he's been shopped.  He'll probably be cut.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I would allow him back if he took a major pay cut.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

nope, i'm sure he wants a boatload of $ as well.  If the Pats want another corner it's Janoris Jenkins who intruiges me.  If he can keep his head on straight, granted that's a real question mark, but he can flat out cover.  His work against AJ Green was tremendous.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yeah, Jenkins is as good a cover corner that I've seen in a while. He was all over AJ Green and everyone else that I saw him up against. The Patriots haven't had a guy like him in a long time.  He will have his act together, especially if he were to play here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Speaking of AJ Green it cracks me up that the Bengals have all that money and don't try to get Wallace from Pitt to hurt a rival and put AJ Green and Wallace on the same team. Then again is the Bungles. At least throw an offer out there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No. He is evil.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Samual on trading block:
    [QUOTE]No. He is evil.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    That was a Brett Favre type retirement you had Babe.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Bring him to camp for a minimal price. If he pans out, keep him. If he finds a better offer elsewhere, let him go.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsHc2hr6nPo

They had him in alot of man looks against Green, and he more than held his own.  Not a huge player either, but he clings.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Janoris Jenkins has definitely got talent.... but I was listing to ESPN radio the other day when theywere speaking about his family life.... 4 children, 3 baby mommas, 2 pit bulls and a Patridge family bus..... 

OOPS got carried away... 4 children from 3 mommas, and some minor deomestic items....   Although I love that talent.... I am not sure that the other stuff is a risk worth taking.  I wish him well... and if he convinced the brass at the combine that he was not a head case.... then by all means I love the talent...  If he is stilll immature I would rather not give up a 1st round pick for him.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I wouldn't mind seeing Samuel back but he would have to re-structure that contract which he probably won't do. No thx on Jenkins, he is a mess off the field.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I want a corner that does more then just jump routes. One that can cover is preferred. Asante can go somewhere else.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Only if he can go back in time with Michael J. Fox and catch that Super Bowl interception. Otherwise, no thanks. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

the Dude spoke a lot of s**t about the organization.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

No.....left on bad terms

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I wouldn't bring him back unless he is cut and they got him on a cheap one year prove it type deal. Jenkins, on the other hand is interesting for the right price.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

not even ashes are left, those bridges were so burnt...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 15315k. Show 15315k's posts

Don't think so, the dude burnt too many bridges for that. He's another guy that Bill Belichick lets go and doesn't pan out for the next team. He did okay his first year there but in the end the Eagles don't want him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Depends on the price, I think.  If he's cheap enough, BB could bring him in.  I don't see BB giving up much if anything in draft picks for him, though.  Samuel has his flaws (which is why BB didn't sign him to a big deal), but he's also a better corner than some of the guys we have now. BB doesn't seem to hold grudges--he'll bring someone in if the price is right and he thinks the guy can help the team. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Despite all the thoughts on burnt bridges, Samuel did play out his final year on the tag and didn't hold out.  Plus, is a lot of what he said really wrong?  The Pats rarely overpay to keep their own talent and they leverage their player to the maximum extent possible.  Look at Wilfork.  Look at Mankins.  Look at Welker.  Look at any player that requires a big investment. 

Samuel outplayed his initial contract and deserved a big payday.  It's business for the team when they try to keep costs down, and we usually side with the team in personnel matters in the BB era. But it's business as well for the players and they need to maximize their earnings in a a very short career.  I can understand Samuel trying to get paid.  Plus, it took the Pats years and many dollars and draft picks to find a replacement.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Couldn't care less about what he said, why he left or that he didn't make the pick in the SB.  From a pure football perspective, Samuel's prinicpal skill is jumping routes.  He's inconsistent in coverage and not particularly good against the run.  My opinion - NFW.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

id be willing to give up an 8th round draft pick for him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Nah.   

Like someone else said, he burned a lot of bridges after he left.

Besides he only had 3 INT's last year for the "Dream Team" (some tipped).  

2011 Pats had Arrington with 7 (a lot tipped), Moore with 2 and even McGourty had 2 while having a horrible year.  

Sections
Shortcuts