Sanchez compares jets defense to '85 Bears

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Sanchez compares jets defense to '85 Bears

"Sanchez got more than a little carried away yesterday morning, comparing this year's Jets defense to the famed 1985 Bears unit that rampaged its way to a 15-1 regular season and a Super Bowl crown" (Hubbuch, 2011).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Re: Sanchez compares jets defense to '85 Bears

Well, they did both used to be good...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

False.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Even Revis is laughing at Bart Hubbuch...

Go to fullsize image

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Sanchez compares jets defense to '85 Bears:
    [QUOTE]Well, they did both used to be good...
    Posted by Cyberknot[/QUOTE]

Nice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

With Ryan claiming that he is so comfortable with his current lineup and Sanchez making crazy comparisons, do you get the feeling that gang-green is a bit worried?  I get the feeling that they are playing make believe..that they didn't lose any important players.  In addition, they are talking about the Super Bowl as though New England is a non-factor.  (I hope the Bills beat them up- twice!)

On one side they are going against Brady & Co.; the other side it's Wilfork, Haynesworth, Ellis, Carter, and some.  Having that second CB (i.e. Bodden) and a hungry Arrington with this cast should pose well against the passing game.

I believe the jests have a few holes and "a few thousand left."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I believe little Marky Mark was born well after '85.  I doubt he knows sh*t about that defense.  And, he dosen't strike me as the football historian type when most of his time outside of football is taken up with going to broadway shows and what-not.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hey until the first loss of the season he will be right. Then after the second loss he will be wrong. With his defense dragging their feet in the mud after loss #3..losses 4,5,and 6 will demoralize any thoughts he might have had at having a defense capable of bailing him out. Conversely I don't hear Brady proclaiming the second coming of the NYG's of the 90's defense in New England...But after the first 12 wins he might start crowing a bit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]I believe little Marky Mark was born well after '85.  I doubt he knows sh*t about that defense.  And, he dosen't strike me as the football historian type when most of his time outside of football is taken up with going to broadway shows and what-not.
    Posted by Salcon[/QUOTE]
    The Patriots lost in the Super Bowl to the Bears on January 26, 1986.
    Mark Sanchez was born, November 11, 1986.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

In honor Sanchez going to extremes, I'd like to state that Moses couldn't run through the Patriots defensive line.  And I think that trumps the '85 Bears.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I see being an NFL QB isn't the only thing Sanchez is bad at.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! My freakin stomach hurts!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LMAO. he should worry about the offense

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey he could be right.

I mean 2 rooks starting on a 34 line with a backup who just recently had surgery to repair a torn Achilles and has yet to test it. A LB core that has a pro-bowler, a LB on the backside of his career and 2 other JAGS. But their secondary does look good. All the starters are back. It's to bad though that the O has down graded with RT now becoming a turn style a #2 WR with glass ankles that has been in a game for 2 yrs and another aging WR on the back side of their career. But maybe Sanchez will throw over 55% completion this year?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Sanchez should be deported for making such a dumb statement.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Sanchez must have een recovering from a bad hit prior to making that silly statement.  Jets D is good, but jeez, 85 Bears were all-world and then some.  Typical trash talk from the Jets - let's see them back it up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Sanchez is no Wonder-licker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

does anybody have that laughing clinton picture handy?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

My wife said that the reason Sanchez is sayng his team's defense is like the '85 Bears is because he can't get anything past them in practice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]It just goes to show you how ignorant most of you are.  The reason why the 2009 Jets D was historically great was becasue it gave up 14.8 points a game...with a slew of new starters and in Rex's first year as a HC.  This is relatviely close to the 12.2 ppg that the "85 Bears gave up. I know math is not the strong point of most Patriot fans, so I'll break it down for you... that's less than a FG difference, each and every game.  The 2011 Jets have veteran CB and safty that are now in their second years, 2010s top pick in his second year, a couple of the best DL in this years draft and other additions that have made the D more athletic than last years. Cutting a FG off of Rex's D from his first year as a HC is out of the question? I think not.
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

I am sure if Brady was on here this would be his reaction!

">Go to fullsize image

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmcma. Show mmcma's posts

It just goes to show you how ignorant most of you are.  The reason why the 2009 Jets D was historically great was becasue it gave up 14.8 points a game...with a slew of new starters and in Rex's first year as a HC. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mmcma. Show mmcma's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Sanchez compares jets defense to '85 Bears : It just goes to show you how ignorant most of you are.  The reason why the 2009 Jets D was historically great was becasue it gave up 14.8 points a game...with a slew of new starters and in Rex's first year as a HC. 
    Posted by mmcma[/QUOTE]

Who said the Jet's 2009 D was "historically great"?  Have you looked at strength of schedule, at all?  Playing the 3rd place teams in 2 divisions along the way to historical greatness? Really?  

Look, I know I never post... but I'm an oldtimer who loves the game and loves the pats...even when I was young and they were in the "basement" they were my team.  I read this forum like it's my job...so i know what I am talking about.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

To paraphrase Lloyd Benston, I saw the '85 Bears defense, and the Jets' defense is no '85 Bears' defense.

The '85 Bears D was the most aggressive, intimidating, smothering, and punishing defense I have ever seen. It was #1 in 8 defensive categories. 

The 2010 Jets D was first in nothing.  How is the 2011 version going to be better, especially with the loss of Ellis and Taylor?

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts