Sanchez for Rothlesberger?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from couldntthinkofone. Show couldntthinkofone's posts

Sanchez for Rothlesberger?

Would the Jets do this, would they be scary good?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Sanchez for Rothlesberger?

In Response to Sanchez for Rothlesberger?:
    Would the Jets do this, would they be scary good?
    Posted by couldntthinkofone

no and no....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Would they trade a guy who successfully overhyped himself and made millions, for a guy who can't stop sexually assaulting women?  You're asking a Patriots fan this funny question?  True, the Jets just grabbed some real nuts, but maybe (or maybe not) they have their moral limits.

They would be scary.  Off the field.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FranklynDR. Show FranklynDR's posts

They are collecting head cases... but even the Jets wouldn't do this.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

The question is, why would the Steelers and/or the Jets do this? The suspension seems to take away any possibility for this, but I could 'possibly' see this argued if Big Ben was not suspended... Point is, once he got suspended, this will never happen. He still has to command 'Cutler-like' compensation, and I think a few teams are more desperate than the Jets in this area.

OTOH, I think you could see a team like the Raiders or Buffalo making a move for Big Ben... that is, a team that probably would not care about 6 missing games this year and that knows that they need a QB (and probably cannot make another mistake drafting one).. Think of it this way, if Buffalo got Big Ben, don't they immediately become re-competative again with NE/Miami/NYJ? ... if Oakland got him, don't they immediately have the best QB in that division and they have a solid enough team to compete for that AFC West title? Maybe a team like Seattle that has multiple first rounders could also consider it since he is young enough...

Less likely teams like the Rams think about parting with #1 (Bradford) for a known QB in Big Ben, e.g., you'd have to sell your fan base on that one. I'm sure some would rather Big Ben than the unknown if one thinks that he'll bring winning and winning brings people not caring about his past behavior. 

Sections
Shortcuts