Sanchez may be traded with Revis to TB??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Sanchez may be traded with Revis to TB??

If Sanchez does go to TB with Revis, I will miss seeing this kind of stuff

You read right, according to a report from Pro Football Talk, a deal sending Revis to Tampa prior to the draft could include AssFumble Sanchez:

While poking around the question of whether the Jets could be trying to include quarterback-of-all-trades Tim Tebow in the package (which would keep the Jets from cutting Tebow and seeing him sign with the Patriots), we tripped over a previously unknown nugget. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the discussions between the Jets and Bucs have included the possibility of the Buccaneers assuming the contract of quarterback Mark Sanchez.

Interesting Tebow to the Patriots reference in there as well, but I strongly doubt there is any validity to that. But being able to unload Sanchez and his absurdly high contract ($8.25 million guaranteed for this season) is something the Jets would undoubtedly be interested in. I would be shocked if the Bucs did it. That is a big financial hit to take for a terrible quarterback who will not compete with Josh Freeman for the starting job, especially when there is no guarantee of a long-term deal with Revis.

This may be a case of the Jets telling the Bucs they can only have Revis if they take Sanchez too. This deal would have to be done prior to the draft, so we will see sometime in the next couple of weeks whether or not there is any truth to these rumors.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Sanchez may be traded with Revis to TB??

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Darelle Revis (and Mark Sanchez) may be traded to the Bucs

You read right, according to a report from Pro Football Talk, a deal sending Revis to Tampa prior to the draft could include AssFumble Sanchez:

While poking around the question of whether the Jets could be trying to include quarterback-of-all-trades Tim Tebow in the package (which would keep the Jets from cutting Tebow and seeing him sign with the Patriots), we tripped over a previously unknown nugget. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the discussions between the Jets and Bucs have included the possibility of the Buccaneers assuming the contract of quarterback Mark Sanchez.

Interesting Tebow to the Patriots reference in there as well, but I strongly doubt there is any validity to that. But being able to unload Sanchez and his absurdly high contract ($8.25 million guaranteed for this season) is something the Jets would undoubtedly be interested in. I would be shocked if the Bucs did it. That is a big financial hit to take for a terrible quarterback who will not compete with Josh Freeman for the starting job, especially when there is no guarantee of a long-term deal with Revis.

This may be a case of the Jets telling the Bucs they can only have Revis if they take Sanchez too. This deal would have to be done prior to the draft, so we will see sometime in the next couple of weeks whether or not there is any truth to these rumors.

heard this also this afternoon on ny sports radio-what u said was also said to be true: good chance the jets are giving the bucs an all-or-nothing deal for both

one thing though: the bucs are not sold on freeman and if sanchez goes there he will be given every opportunity to win the job, at least according to what i heard...freeman has had moments but is no way irreplaceable and bucs may be thinking change of scenery and less intense fanbase/media will benefit sanchez

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

heard this also this afternoon on ny sports radio-what u said was also said to be true: good chance the jets are giving the bucs an all-or-nothing deal for both

one thing though: the bucs are not sold on freeman and if sanchez goes there he will be given every opportunity to win the job, at least according to what i heard...freeman has had moments but is no way irreplaceable and bucs may be thinking change of scenery and less intense fanbase/media will benefit sanchez

Will they go with Tebow or draft a QB?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Will they go with Tebow or draft a QB?

they may bring tebow back but i guess it's an open competition between gerrard mcelroy and the other qb i forget

not exactly murderer's row!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wouldn't Sanchez's money still count against the Jets cap? And what use would the Bucs have  with Sanchez with Freeman on the roster? 

Freeman > Sanchez...any day of the week. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Wouldn't Sanchez's money still count against the Jets cap? And what use would the Bucs have  with Sanchez with Freeman on the roster? 

i believe part of the deal is bucs picking up his 8.2 million salary for 2013

and i hear bucs aren't sold on freeman and may make camp an open competition

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

But there must still be a cap hit for the Jets. Maybe it's worth it to just get him off the roster and draft another QB?

I don't see how it helps Tampa unless the price for Revis goes down based on taking Sanchez off the Jets' hands.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to stegall85's comment:

But there must still be a cap hit for the Jets. Maybe it's worth it to just get him off the roster and draft another QB?

I don't see how it helps Tampa unless the price for Revis goes down based on taking Sanchez off the Jets' hands.

Cap hit is same on the roster or not.  8 mil, I believe.

If that's the case then I'm not sure the Jets have enough cap space to make the trade. Isn't it a 12 mil cap hit if they trade Revis? and then another 8 mil for Sanchez?

They would need to cut more guys just to trade these two away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

Sorry, I guess in that case it's no net cap increase then for trading Sanchez if those numbers are correct.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Phat Rex!  Oh Phat Rex...Come out, come out wherever you are!

Tears!

He's busy at his standing desk!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I said it before and I'll say it again.... Thank God I am not a Jets fan.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

I'm not sure Bills fans have much cause for optimism either.

It might actually be in the Pats interests if the Dolphins are at least competitive. It's nice in some ways to pretty much win the division by default and helps with conference positioning but a little more fight from some of the divisional teams might actually force the Pats to raise their game a little.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to stegall85's comment:

I'm not sure Bills fans have much cause for optimism either.

It might actually be in the Pats interests if the Dolphins are at least competitive. It's nice in some ways to pretty much win the division by default and helps with conference positioning but a little more fight from some of the divisional teams might actually force the Pats to raise their game a little.

At the end of the day those teams usually give the Pats their best, and most times the Pats loses over years have been within the division.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Yes, but Phat Rex at his standing desk has told us repeatedly that Mark Sanchez singlehandedly led them to the "final four" two years in a row!

Honestly.... you got him...  He always praised dirty sanchez and Green.... Look at them now... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

i've said it before too...though friends are so i try to be sympathetic

Sections
Shortcuts