Sanchez released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Sanchez released

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Sanchez released

no surprise, what took so long? Saving a ton of dough. No brainer. If anything, they did the guy a disservice not releasing him sooner so he could have had a shot at the Raider slot

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The culmination of a poor jets choice that should have been addressed long ago. Unfortunately for them, their subsequent choices appear to be along the same lines.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Not unexpected.

For all his limitations his line was 16/25 195 3 TDs in the 2010 28-21 playoff loss in Foxboro.

Still hurts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Vet min... pick him up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Looks like they may have a good chance at Vick. But Vick wants to start . May not happen with smith there though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to stinkman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Looks like they may have a good chance at Vick. But Vick wants to start . May not happen with smith there though.

[/QUOTE]

Jets signed QB Michael Vick to a one-year, $5 million contract.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Anyone seen the mile high moron?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I  just got back from work didn't have time to check the sports news. If Vick can stay healthy big if he's a better QB then smith. He won't make it past week 6 though. IMO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    I  just got back from work didn't have time to check the sports news. If Vick can stay healthy big if he's a better QB then smith. He won't make it past week 6 though. IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Does he start over Geno?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I'd sign the guy if I were the Pats...the Jets got this guy killed the last two years with a hideous O Line....he has skills...give him a line and some weaspons he can be good again...TB won't last forever, get this guy ready...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I said this will be great practice for the Pats defense before they face Wilson of Kaep in the Superbowl...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does he start over Geno?

[/QUOTE]

They will compete . My money is on Vick beating him out if healthy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd sign the guy if I were the Pats...the Jets got this guy killed the last two years with a hideous O Line....he has skills...give him a line and some weaspons he can be good again...TB won't last forever, get this guy ready...

[/QUOTE]

I say it's worth a try the pats throw a lot of short routes. That's sanchez's game his arm strength is average though. What do you ask for mallet though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Does he start over Geno?

[/QUOTE]

They will compete . My money is on Vick beating him out if healthy.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, jets wr are not really a threat.  I think Vick can out run Geno for the starting job.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I say it's worth a try the pats throw a lot of short routes. That's sanchez's game his arm strength is average though. What do you ask for mallet though.

[/QUOTE]

I'd get what I could for him...anything over a 3rd is overpaying for the guy...he's done BUPKIS since he's been here, and if a team wants him, they haven't shown it, we'd have heard a rumor or two...I think teams are pulling a "BB" and waiting for him to play out his contract and not have him cost anything other than the contract....that tells me other teams don't think he's that good...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I'm wondering if Rex is going have his Mark Sanchez tattoo removed,or just done over with one of Micheal Vick. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

One of the worst top 5 picks in NFL history.  That's my lone thought. Couldn't have happened to a better team.

[/QUOTE]

i dont think one of the five worst picks.. there are alot of busts. what makes the whole situation bad is the contract they gave him. thats an all-time bad

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Nooooo! I was hoping they would never cut him. In my opinion this guy ruined that team - there were times where they had a good defense...a running game...and this guy just ruined it for them. I don't care that he played well in a couple playoff games, he was the reason they weren't in the playoffs as well.

I can't believe a starting quaterback could be drafted so high, paid so much...when all he could do was throw a slant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

I cannot just blame him..Ryan doesn't have a clue about offense...he's proven that...his O line stunk for most of the time he played there...he got murdered.....we had a guy named Eason who also played soft because one side of the O line stunk, lol, among OTHER known reasons....Sanchez might just make a decent pro QB if he gets behind a decent line...he needs to learn how to play in a pro offense.....Ryan has no clue how to do it...he's a great Def. coach...he's NOT a pro Off. Coach...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dude, they traded up for him. He may not quite be Leaf, Akili Smith or Jamarcus Russell, but he's also not far off from that level of bust.

Only the Jets would do that.  

[/QUOTE]

true true true and only the jets would pay $$$ to a guy who couldnt rope a ball past 15 yards lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Also...NYC can be either a boon or a complete millstone to your career..it's NOT a place to not be great...he's NOT great and he suffered for it in NYC...so will Geno Smith...he's NOT great either...

He needs to play somewhere where NOT great can survive....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

Also...NYC can be either a boon or a complete millstone to your career..it's NOT a place to not be great...he's NOT great and he suffered for it in NYC...so will Geno Smith...he's NOT great either...

He needs to play somewhere where NOT great can survive....

[/QUOTE]

CORRECT 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

This was one that Pete Carroll got right for sure.  He made it clear he didn't think Sanchez was ready for the NFL. 

If the Pats want to bring him in as a camp arm I'm fine with that.  Make the 53 man?  Now on that score I don't really think so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This was one that Pete Carroll got right for sure.  He made it clear he didn't think Sanchez was ready for the NFL. 

If the Pats want to bring him in as a camp arm I'm fine with that.  Make the 53 man?  Now on that score I don't really think so.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, for the right price I'd think he's better than Mallet....he'd bring back more in a trade than Mallet...