Sanders and Chung will Be Starting Safeties this Week - Bet on it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Sanders and Chung will Be Starting Safeties this Week - Bet on it

In Reiss's chat, he said the brandons were the ones laughing it up after the Miami game. Don't think that BB won't use that against them this week. I, for one, am glad to see Sanders back if it happens. He may not be a playmaker like Merriweather, but he is a leader.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

Re: Sanders and Chung will Be Starting Safeties this Week - Bet on it

I hope youre right. I think Chung will bring a physical presence to the safetey position that has been missing all year, and I think Sanders is just flat out better than Meriweather.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

And Thomas will be a healthy scratch.  His comments today about BB "did what he thought was best for him" and not "did what he thought was best for the team" are sure to rile BB up.  Not that we have a ton of LB's hanging around, but a negative person in an organization is like a cancer.  He needs to stay home.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Also, maybe the possibility of Springs in some fashion?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Boy this is surprising.  When I touted Indy's secondary in the offseason, I was met with a barrage of "Brandon Merriweather is a probowl caliber safety" responses, and here you are suggesting the team would be better off sitting him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Sanders and Chung will Be Starting Safeties this Week - Bet on it:
    [QUOTE]Boy this is surprising.  When I touted Indy's secondary in the offseason, I was met with a barrage of "Brandon Merriweather is a probowl caliber safety" responses, and here you are suggesting the team would be better off sitting him.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

He is. They don't take into account locker room presence in pro bowl voting. However, they do take it into account for team building. As such, bench him until he gets it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

This is stupid, i know they were laughing in the locker room but McGowen and Meriwether are the best two safetys we got. And up until 3 weeks ago you were all swinging from their nut sacks and now of a sudden they are not even good enough to start? you all bashed James Sanders for the years and now of a sudden he is a leader and better then the guys we got? give me a break. you have hit the panic switch guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I didn't know three guys agreeing on a chat board was a "barrage." How about one troll insisently inserting his agenda into other people's threads; isn't that a barrage?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: Sanders and Chung will Be Starting Safeties this Week - Bet on it:
    [QUOTE]This is stupid, i know they were laughing in the locker room but McGowen and Meriwether are the best two safetys we got. And up until 3 weeks ago you were all swinging from their nut sacks and now of a sudden they are not even good enough to start? you all bashed James Sanders for the years and now of a sudden he is a leader and better then the guys we got? give me a break. you have hit the panic switch guy.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

It's a big enough deal for guys like Ted Johnson, Artrell Hawkins and Christian Fauria to say its a big deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I'd love to see Chung get some more playing time but as for Merriweather, I want him on the field period.  By far the best player in the secondary. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If those guys were laughing in the locker room than the punishment should fit the crime. The rest of the team should gang up on them and make them cry. Pin them down with their kness on their shoulders and drool spit down on their faces until they cry or say uncle. When that is done we can finally move on.

I don't think BB will bench those 2 unless we have someone better. At this point I can't tell you if the backups are any better or worse because no matter what we do the "D" s@UCKs. I'd rather see the Team leaders give the 2 DipShhiits what For and move on. Willie or Tedy would have been in those guys faces straight up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

It might be a big deal but its not a "bench them both" big deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

"It might be a big deal but its not a "bench them both" big deal"
    "
    I concur, we can't chuck a game away just cause they were laughing but they deserve some serious shiittt from their team mates.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

If we had anyone like Bruschi on this team this stuff wouldnt happen but we dont and so its going to happen. Sorry to break it to you gys but we dont have the veterans to police the locker room anymore so this kind thing might happen. You cant react like a Jets fan and bench both your starting safetys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

"If we had anyone like Bruschi on this team this stuff wouldnt happen but we dont and so its going to happen. Sorry to break it to you gys but we dont have the veterans to police the locker room anymore so this kind thing might happen. You cant react like a Jets fan and bench both your starting safetys."

Last time I checked Tom Brady and Junior Seau are still on this team.  You don't think Brady will get in their faces because they play defense?  I'm sure somebody said something to these guys.  This kind of nonsense will happen anyways, even if they have Bruschis and Troy Browns on the team.  Terry Glenn for example.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yea but a few players have come out and said that in the past, in the championship years you would never see players laughing after a loss. So clearly Brady and Seau arent getting the point across.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

You really think that if they were laughing about how they just gave up a 14 point lead to the div rivals dolphins that it would be a big deal? So they just give up their lead in the afc east and have put themselves in a must win situation and they are joking around about it in the locker room and thats not a big deal? and you say you play ball? well I coach and if any of my player ever started laughing after losing to our rivals and giving up our lead in the div they wouldnt ever do it again when i was done with them. I agree its not a big enough deal that you bench them but to say its not a big deal at all is just wrong of course its a big deal. It shows you exactly what kind of players they are right now, not mature enough to take this seriously and they just "get it" and thats a problem.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

[QUOTE] I hope youre right. I think Chung will bring a physical presence to the safetey position that has been missing all year, and I think Sanders is just flat out better than Meriweather.
    Posted by dshort3333[/QUOTE]

Hey Man I love Chung

but regarding sanders and Merriweather....

I want what you are smoking. 

That was hilarious lol 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

[QUOTE]And Thomas will be a healthy scratch.  His comments today about BB "did what he thought was best for him " and not "did what he thought was best for the team " are sure to rile BB up.  Not that we have a ton of LB's hanging around, but a negative person in an organization is like a cancer.  He needs to stay home.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

it actually was worse... he was saying "I'm done with all that" and Get that (bleep) out of here."

I'd bench him.... but not the two safeties.... that's over the top.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

Do you know how to use periods? Or commas, for that matter? I understand you have something to say, and you're making good points, but your credibility really takes a hit when you write like a second grader. Seriously, I'm just trying to look out for you, patsfan76. But you're right, this story is not very important.
    I mean, weren't we just calling out guys for not having enough fun on the field?!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

patsfan from what I know it was in the locker room after the game during the media time in the locker room. Members of the media came out after the lose and said it weird seeing some of the players laughing it up after the game like they didnt just lose the game and how weird that was since in the past you would never see that after a lose in the Pats locker room. So that is where it came from. I dont have a link but thats what happened. Why they were laughing doesnt really matter.

Sections
Shortcuts