Sanders Deadline Sunday 11:59 P.M. ... Post your Prediction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Sanders Deadline Sunday 11:59 P.M. ... Post your Prediction

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Steelers Match

Correct....again.........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

Told ya..Steelers have little itty bitty ballz...wr in round 3 looks like now

LMAO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

Really surprised that the Steeler matched and will get nothing if Sanders walked after next season.

They could sign him to a longer term contract still--or may have decided that 2.5 isn't too much to pay for an experienced receiver.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

They find a FAX machine somewhere in Pittsburgh and Pitt resigns Sanders by today...325 pm

Yeah, didn't think the steelers could afford to lose both Wallace and Sanders In same offseason.  Had a feeling Pitt would make sure they kept Sanders....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Reported on Rotoworld at 6:18.

Cyberknot had Steelers at 5:30

Aytee had Steelers at 5:30

Rocky had Steelers at 7:05

we agreedto go by rotoworld. I had Steelers matching at 7:19 !!!! Dammit Rocky! Good job beat me by 14 mins!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Steelers will not make the playoffs for the second season in a row and this will be one move why.

Correct.

Again.

I'm loving it.

Thanks BB.

I dont understand this reply? Whats to love? Why thank BB? Missed on Lloyd, and paid him decent money. Havent drafted well/developed well enough WR's over the years. Made Sanders a "we kind of want you" offer...

IMO that is 3 mistakes made by Pats management...this situation should have been fixed LAST year when they had cap money.   

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Steelers will not make the playoffs for the second season in a row and this will be one move why.

Correct.

Again.

I'm loving it.

Thanks BB.

I dont understand this reply? Whats to love? Why thank BB? Missed on Lloyd, and paid him decent money. Havent drafted well/developed well enough WR's over the years. Made Sanders a "we kind of want you" offer...

IMO that is 3 mistakes made by Pats management...this situation should have been fixed LAST year when they had cap money.   

"Missed on LLoyd"? How so?

They have plenty of cap money and many options. Amendola replaces Lloyd if they want, Hernandez into the slot, Edelman a back up across the roster, camp invites for two veterans in Jones and Jenkins, and BB is not done.

Pitt, meanwhile, just got the screws put to them because they couldn;t resign Wallace ahead of market and then they just overpaid on their budget by 1.3 million in 2013, to rent Sanders.

Yes, I like my GM to have leverage, not the other way around.

Thanks, BB.

Wasn't it 700k, not 1.3M?  Is this another exaggeration to prove your agenda?

Who says they are renting Sanders?  They have the same option to extend him that BB would have and at least Big Ben isn't COMPLETELY starting over like TB.  Isn't that what they wanted to prevent?  

How do you know that Sanders wasn't using BB to stay with Pits at more money?

Don't see the leverage.  Now they either have to draft a WR (scary thought) or settle for more dung heap.  AWESOME!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

The 3rd rounder tender was about 1.3 million.  The Pats offered 2.5 so it was about a 1.2 million increase.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Ed: Steelers Blew it on Both Sanders, Harrison MONDAY, 15 APRIL 2013 08:39 WRITTEN BY ED BOUCHETTE E-mail 

Good morning,

Well, the Steelers blew it. No, not necessarily by matching the $2.5 million contract Emmanuel  Sanders signed as a restricted free agent wit the New England Patriots – although my opinion against matching was written here last week – but by not tendering him a larger one-year contract in the first place.
         Had the Steelers tendered Sanders a $2 million offer as an RFA, a team would have had to give up a second-round draft pick to get him, and that was much less likely to happen. By tendering him a $1.3 million deal, the Steelers not only let everyone know that’s what they thought Sanders was worth, but also that they would be willing to take a third-round pick for him.
     In the end, they got neither.
         Now that they’ve matched, let’s look where they stand:
        ---  Their wide receiving group is not decimated and they actually could go into the 2013 season with what they have – Sanders, Antonio Brown, Jerricho Cotchery and Plaxico Burress. They also have a few youngsters, headed by David Gilreath. Offensive coordinator Todd Haley does not use many four-wide formations, so that could be enough. Nevertheless, they still no doubt will draft someone. 
    --- They have to draft someone because Burress is old and he, Cotchery and Sanders all will have their contracts expire at the end of the 2013 season.
     --- The Steelers are left with roughly $800,000 in salary cap room. That’s not enough to sign someone like Ahmad Bradshaw. If they want to do that, they’ll have to create more room by pushing yet more cap accounting into the future, such as reworking the deal of Troy Polamalu, who turns 32 on Friday.
    --- Now, the Steelers can try to protect their investment in Emmanuel Sanders, which cost them the 91st pick in this draft, by keeping him longer than the one season in which he is now under contract. They can negotiate now, and sign the deal after June, when they get the $5.5 million cap space from Willie Colon’s contract. They signed Antonio Brown last August to a six-year, $43 million contact with an $8.5 million signing bonus after Mike Wallace turned them down. Must they offer Sanders that much in order for him not to enter free agency in 2014? Probably. Brown was two years from becoming a UFA when he signed, Sanders is only one year away. Plus, he saw how it worked out for Wallace and he could be just as willing to roll the dice. 
    --- Sanders comes out of this the big winner. There was little gamble for him by signing with the Patriots. He nearly doubled his salary for 2013 and would either catch passes from Ben Roethlisberger or Tom Brady. 
    --- In the end, the Steelers matched Sanders contract because had they not it would have again appeared they were giving up on the 2013 season, an opinion that already is popular among their fans. This at least temporarily stops the talent drain that has been going on since the beginning of March.
    Onto some stuff:

--- Onto your questions:
    --- YOU: I'm worried that Sanders has a bit of a breakout year (a la Keenan Lewis) and the Steelers wind up losing him anyway. Do you think the Steelers try to sign him to - say - a 4-year deal to guard against this? Also, how much longer until we find out about Bradshaw's foot? 
    ME: I’m sure they will try to sign him before the 2013 season to a longer term. Ahmad Bradshaw reportedly will visit the Steelers a second time before the draft.
    --- YOU: How much if any impact do you think B.R. had in the Steelers’ decision to keep Sanders. 
    ME: I’m sure they took Ben Roethlisberger’s opinion into account, but his coaches may have had the most influence on keeping him. Ben was probably preaching to the choir if he made his pitch to Mike Tomlin. It was the front office they needed to convince to match. 
    --- YOU: Ed, now that they have signed Sanders to the offer sheet, does this indicate he may have a long term deal coming before the season and if so, does that help or hurt them on the salary cap? Last question....does this pretty much squash a WR in the first round? 
    ME: I wrote the pros and cons to getting a long-term deal done above, but no it does not squash the idea they could still draft a receiver in the first round.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

The 3rd rounder tender was about 1.3 million.  The Pats offered 2.5 so it was about a 1.2 million increase.

Thanks.  Thought the tender was 1.8, MY BAD!

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Correct.

Again.

I'm loving it.

Thanks BB.

"Missed on LLoyd"? How so?

They have plenty of cap money and many options. Amendola replaces Lloyd if they want, Hernandez into the slot, Edelman a back up across the roster, camp invites for two veterans in Jones and Jenkins, and BB is not done.

Pitt, meanwhile, just got the screws put to them because they couldn;t resign Wallace ahead of market and then they just overpaid on their budget by 1.3 million in 2013, to rent Sanders.

Yes, I like my GM to have leverage, not the other way around.

Thanks, BB.

Who says they are renting Sanders?  They have the same option to extend him that BB would have and at least Big Ben isn't COMPLETELY starting over like TB.  Isn't that what they wanted to prevent?  

How do you know that Sanders wasn't using BB to stay with Pits at more money?

Don't see the leverage.  Now they either have to draft a WR (scary thought) or settle for more dung heap.  AWESOME!

Me stating facts and understanding situations is my "having an 'agenda'"? My "agenda" is to accruately analyze situations and be a fan.

YOURS is to have horrendous reading comprehension in a pair of Brady panties and/or be dumb.

Pitt is in a cap hell, which means with a flat cap through 2014, it's going to be very difficult for them to extend Sanders before he hits FA next year.

Sanders has the leverage. If Colbert had the leverage, you'd be correct. But, as usual, you're wrong.

He'll be 27 after 2013, entering his prime and you just saw what Mike Wallace and Jennings got in a thin WR market. They each were overpaid.

This means Sanders can play 1 year in Pitt and CHOOSE to become a FA, never signing any unattractive offer from Pitt to play past 2013 there.

Get it?

So, yes, it's very likely they will be renting him for 1 year.  His agent will tell him to have a strong 2013 and for them to test FA.   Pitt's extension will not be better than the one BB had drawn up for Sanders.

Please learn the game, basic economics and markets before mouthing off.

Doesn't mean he won't sign with Pits or he would extend with the Pats.  He obviously likes money and some team will over pay him if he's good.  Pretty sure Pits can clear more cap next year.  Can the Pats?  Don't they have 24 FA's to replace or resign next year?

Where's that $$$$ coming from?  Brady?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

BAsed on what Sanders has shown so far, I would only want to "rent" him for 1 year anyways. Lets see him have a big season if he wants a longer more lucrative contract.

If the Pats didnt miss on Lloyd, would he now be on the team?

I love the Edleman signing, think he is poised for a big year with out Wes on the team. Jones needs to show he is healthy, if he is he is a good 3/4 WR imo. Jenkins I dont think makes the team

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Yes, your bad.  Try learning from others who know more than you instead of mocking them, child.

Actually have learned from knowledgeable posters like Pro and Zeb. 

Sorry, can't consider a TB bashing troll and BB jewel polisher as one of them.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Yes, your bad.  Try learning from others who know more than you instead of mocking them, child.

Ironic I outdebated each of them during the lockout debates. lol

Their premise was that the union won.  Nope.  Owners had the leverage the whole time and used it.

Like I said, learn from others who might have a deeper knowledge on a topic and maybe you won't look so foolish with yourself tucked up under Brady's scrotum all the time.

The only person I've ever seen you out debate is LEON.  And that's because he just repeats the same thing, over and over,  no matter what is said.  Congrats!

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Ironic I outdebated each of them during the lockout debates. lol

Their premise was that the union won.  Nope.  Owners had the leverage the whole time and used it.

Like I said, learn from others who might have a deeper knowledge on a topic and maybe you won't look so foolish with yourself tucked up under Brady's scrotum all the time.

The only person I've ever seen you out debate is LEON.  And that's because he just repeats the same thing, over and over,  no matter what is said.  Congrats!

Yes, I haven't bludgeoned Phat Rex, Gunty, Hurlie or RKrap before. lol

It's done on almost a daily basis here. 

Christ, I am 2-0 in bets on the board with that RKrap.  I don't really bother with Leon because his schtick is boring for trollwork.  "Horribly accented neighbors", etc, etc. 

Also, yes, I won the lockout debates because both Pro and Z took the union side, reiterating how the union was winning and won.

They didn't.

Z is a teacher, so he let his union stance get in the way of proper analysis. Not sure what Prolate does for a living, but he clearly misread it as well.

All I can say to that is: "DELUSIONAL"

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts