SANDERS deal is classic genius move GOODY will b reviewing, bb already has multiyear deal on the BACKEND!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

Re: SANDERS deal is classic genius move GOODY will b reviewing, bb already has multiyear deal on the BACKEND!

I've got to look at this sanders guy again. I have to be honest, He didn't impress me in the Steeler games that I watched but I only watched 3 or 4 games so I could be way off. Everyone here seems to like him so it sounds good .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: SANDERS deal is classic genius move GOODY will b reviewing, bb already has multiyear deal on the BACKEND!

"this by far is his bEST off-season i can recall. touched on every erogeneous zone on the body of free agency! classic"

Umm, no. No pass rusher. Bunch of injury plagued wide receivers, lost the durable one. 

It's been a good offseason perhaps, retained some good talent. Still a couple of moves that could be made. For now I have it at C+ but trending towards B-. I'm grading tough because we onlyi have maybe two good years of Brady left. I see strategy but not urgency.

Obtaining Welker and Moss in 2007 was by far the better offeason. We went undefeated and to the Super Bowl as you'll recall.  Both those guys were top level talents still in their prime. 

So would that not mean that unless we win the Super Bowl this year, the 2007 offseason was superior?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"this by far is his bEST off-season i can recall. touched on every erogeneous zone on the body of free agency! classic"

Umm, no. No pass rusher. Bunch of injury plagued wide receivers, lost the durable one. 

It's been a good offseason perhaps, retained some good talent. Still a couple of moves that could be made. For now I have it at C+ but trending towards B-. I'm grading tough because we onlyi have maybe two good years of Brady left. I see strategy but not urgency.

Obtaining Welker and Moss in 2007 was by far the better offeason. We went undefeated and to the Super Bowl as you'll recall.  Both those guys were top level talents still in their prime. 

So would that not mean that unless we win the Super Bowl this year, the 2007 offseason was superior?

I thought 2007 was their best offseason too. Not that he played well but didn't they get Thomas that offseason too? They also signed Stallworth, that was their best IMO. I would still like them to sign a proven pass rusher, looking to see what Armstead can do, he could be the wild card in this. I don't see that the offense has improved, they have a few guys that are injury prone. I think they have improved on the defensive side of the ball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

BB needs two experienced wide receivers.  BB knows that explosive wideouts with 6.60 3-cone times are far more useful in the modern NFL than guys who can run a 4.3 40. 

The first problem with the 4.3 guys is that you need a quarterback who can put the football on a dime 40 yards downfield, and that's not Tom Brady.  Brady puts the football on a dime 8 yards downfield, thank you.  For that matter, Peyton Manning can't hit the 40 yarders these days.

The second problem is that the QB has to hold the ball until the 4.3 guy gets way downfield, and bad things happen to QBs while they wait.  Brady's success hinges on him hitting guys on fast in-out routes, on fast slants.  He gets rid of the football faster than any other quarterback in the NFL. 

I hope that Jonathan Kraft just slightly overbid what Pittsburgh is prepared to pay, and that Sanders lines up wide in Foxboro ten Sundays a year or so.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

if they end up getting sanders, i wont be too upset with them going into camp with sanders, amendola, jones, edelman, jenkins, slater, and maybe a draft pick at wide receiver. I think people are really going to like what amendola can do on the field.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

if they end up getting sanders, i wont be too upset with them going into camp with sanders, amendola, jones, edelman, jenkins, slater, and maybe a draft pick at wide receiver. I think people are really going to like what amendola can do on the field.

I have to agree 100% . . . they also have Holmes, Ebert and Akens in the mix plus they will use Hernandez as a wide out now they have four other TE's: Ballard, Fells, Gronk and Herman.   I would not be surprise to see them start lining Vereen outside in a spread as he looked good catching the ball at the end of last season and both Washington and Demp can catch and run out of the backfield!

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts