Sanders- So now what?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Sanders- So now what?

Report:ESPN is reporting the Patriots have cut veteran safety James Sanders as they begin the process of getting down to the 53-player limit.

The Patriots have also released three other players: Wide receiver Darnell Jenkins, fullback Eric Kettani, and defensive lineman Clay Nurse.

So is Meriweather safe??? Do we sign Sharper???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

Re: Sanders- So now what?

Let Sanders test the market, and make him a new offer in a few days?
    I mean, I can understand not wanting him to be in the top ten on the team against the cap, but other than that, I have nothing against Sanders.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ben-umass. Show ben-umass's posts

wasnt the safety position thin to begin with? if Sanders wasnt healthy itd be one thing but he seems ready to go. doesnt look good from here but BB knows what he's doing

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Sanders is just another stiff on that D that and has hung on only because it is a shadow of its former self. He never would have stuck this long on the better Ds of the past. We have some new guys to try to turn this D around. No point in putting on the field guys we know can't get it done.

As far as Meriweather, it's his last year of the contract, so I expect he will stick around to finish that, and be jettisoned after that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think injuries and money caught up with Sanders.  They have 6 safeties on the roster and will only keep 4.  It is a numbers and potential thing.  Barrett and brown are young and have more upside.  It was nice of the Patriots to at least release him early to allow him to catch on with another team

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

There's definitely something up BB's cutoff sleeves...whether that be a veteran signing, re-signing Sanders at a cheaper salary, or confidence in one of the other kids (Brown?) I was surprised they cut Stroud, then they came up with Ellis et al....in BB I trust

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

They signed Ross Vetrone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Yup they re-signed Ventrone but for how long? They also signed Dearth as the new long snapper and brought in Underwood to see what he might be able to do as a bu WR/KR. Tomorrow should bring a whole new crop of cuts,and maybe a few newbies...