Satire article by Texans fan in response to Dan Shaughnessy article

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

Re: Satire article by Texans fan in response to Dan Shaughnessy article

Its good to see someone with a sence a humor. The game is played on the field and the rest of us just talk. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

"Um, have you forgotten Week 3?

Texans 31, Broncos 25, IN DENVER.

There's now way that kind of regular season dominance doesn't transfer into the playoffs. It always does! The Texans will show up at Mile High and pick up right we're they left off."

LOL!!! Well done, Mr. ShaughnDaniels.  Well done.

except for his little miscue "pick up right we're they left off" hehe

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Nice find TFB12 ...tanks for sharing

( beats the h*ll out of the usual predictable X's and O's drivel )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yikes and slam. funny? well the writer does try to be part poet, part comic.  i get and appreciate a fan's loyalty to their team. And Texan fans must be getting really sick of every and any one NOT connected to the Texan franchise picking Pats to win. Yeah, if I was a Texan fan I'd be a tad testy too. Not so sure Texan fans and players see the piece as satire.

There's certainly been a lot of fuel thrown on the fire for Sunday's rematch. If it lives up to a portion of the hype - should be memorable.  GO PATS!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

hmmmmm! kinda reminds me of when coach cowchin from the squeelers told his team to make flight arrangements before the pats played them in their own house.......and we remember how that turned out didn't we.

I only got one thing to say to wade philips................................snot bubbles!

lots and lots of snot bubbles........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My reading of the Dan Shaughnessy article is that it's supposed to be over the top.  by stretching reality to beyond its stretching point, it promotes an awakening that yes, the Patriots aren't perfect. 

If Houston players are trying to react to what some random columnist writes, that's not much of a focus on the upcoming game.  They didn't even get the columnist's original point  What can the Houston Texans as a team really do to the columnist, tackle his laptop?  Houston fans encouraging their team to go tackle a columnist are, again, another circus distraction for the team.

Some other examples of misfocus include Sarah Palin the Vice Presidential Candidate getting in a spat with David Letterman, the professional fool, and Vice President Dan Quayle attacking Murphy Brown, who was a made-up TV show character. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

"There's now way that kind of regular season dominance doesn't transfer into the playoffs. It always does! The Texans will show up at Mile High and pick up right we're they left off. "

I know he's being comical here, and he succeeded, but is he suggesting that he thinks the Texans will lose? I mean, is he hinting that the Patriots dominant performance in the regular season match will carry over to this game? If so, that's a pretty grim outlook for a Texans columnist. Just saying.

Sections
Shortcuts