Saw some players in Indy this evening!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Saw some players in Indy this evening!

While checking out the Super Bowl festivities this afternoon I ran into a few of our boys in downtown Indy!

At the corner of Illinois and Maryland (right in front of the movie sign) around five, I spotted Edelman, Slater, Arrington, and Ventrone trying to hail a cab. Individually I might not have been able to pick them out, but standing together was a dead giveaway. I'm not much on autographs, so I just shook hands, thanked them for their hard work, and wished them good luck. They looked like they were enjoying their (relative) anonymity, so I tried to be subtle and not blow their cover.

Only other famous person I saw up close was Colin Cowherd. Pretty cool, though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Saw some players in Indy this evening!

well done!  I'm sure that was appreciated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I was put off a ride once at Disneyland (in 84, i think) for Sylvester Stallone and Bridget Nielson and about 20 flunkies.  And I watched Charles Bronson film some scene in a pickup truck with some teen aged girl on a side street in Hollywood.  (Off vine, i think.)  That one would have been November of 85.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think it was a red Dodge Ram.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

How cool must this be for Ventrone, rewarded for all his patience this season with a chance at a SB ring! 

Cool for them all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Just looked it up.  It was called Murphy's Law.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

The players yes, but I could do without Cowherd. He gives every Patriots fan a black eye.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

RT: @ESPNBoston: Patriots WR Deion Branch, sitting courtside at Nets-Pacers tonight, booed heavily as he's shown on big screen

F that!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I once stood in line at a deli behind Jerry The Dentist.  Huge honker.

Tried to talk to Dustin Hoffman while waiting in line at a Del's cart, and he merely grunted, which rightly made me feel two inches tall.

Tried to quickly thank Robert Fripp in a NYC guitar store for a great show he had with King Krimson in Atlanta few weeks prior, a show for which I drove six hours each way alone, because nobody I knew at UF had ever heard of King Krimson.  He replied, with a tell tale British accent that he was not Robert Fripp.  That was a butt-hole play on his part, I thought.

Dick Smothers shopped for a bike in a shop at which I worked in Fla. during a nearby UF game.  But I didn't recognize him.

But I had a great conservation over beers with an endearing Peter Fonda at the time he was promoting Ulee's Gold.  He radiated cooooooool.  Genuinely came off like a guy you would want as a close friend.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

indy fans are a joke, plain and simple....they never deserved a player like peyton

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Understandable......If Peyton was at a Bruins game and he was shown on the big screen, are people going to cheer?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Saw some players in Indy this evening!:
    I once stood in line at a deli behind Jerry The Dentist.  Huge honker. Tried to talk to Dustin Hoffman while waiting in line at a Del's cart, and he merely grunted, which rightly made me feel two inches tall. Tried to quickly thank Robert Fripp in a NYC guitar store for a great show he had with King Krimson in Atlanta few weeks prior, a show for which I drove six hours each way alone, because nobody I knew at UF had ever heard of King Krimson.  He replied, with a tell tale British accent that he was not Robert Fripp.  That was a butt-hole play on his part, I thought. Dick Smothers shopped for a bike in a shop at which I worked in Fla. during a nearby UF game.  But I didn't recognize him. But I had a great conservation over beers with an endearing Peter Fonda at the time he was promoting Ulee's Gold .  He radiated cooooooool.  Genuinely came off like a guy you would want as a close friend.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Where I grew up Don Mclean "American Pie" lives there (My great-grandfather was  a caretaker for the previous owner of Mclean's house)....I have see Don with his kids, but I just said hello!  I did contact his publicist because I had some great
    pictures of his house in the 40's

John Travolta has a home on an island near my hometown....He hired a lot of locals to work at his Christmas party this past Christmas.  Years ago I saw him at the local drug store, but I just said hello....Small town politeness

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Very cool to meet some of the players.

Some of the best sports stars I've met, almost any Bruins player past or present. Not sure why but hockey players are extremely nice to the fans and just people you'd want to have a beer with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Yeah, I think it's usually best just to say hi to those people and go on, if you do anything at all. They get buried with publicity so much they'd probably appreciate a little normalcy. We once waited beneath Riverfront Stadium to watch the players come out after the game, to see what cars they got in and etc. You could do that back in the 90's. Eddie Taubensee was super nice, came out and signed a ton of autographs. We kept looking for Deon, and never saw him. Just figured he weaseled out some back way to avoid the fans. We started back to the car, and we were literally the only car left in the parking lot. On the way out of the lot, the driver of the van I was in looked in his rearview mirror and said "well, there's Deon right behind us". Sure enough, there he was. He was driving a ghetto'd out white Suburban. LOL....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Ended up getting a Tweet from Arrington after sending him one this evening (about running into them)!

Yes, simple minds are easily amused.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

indy fans are a joke, plain and simple....they never deserved a player like peyton
    Posted by redsoxfan94

You have acted very 66like lately.  What the hell is your problem?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Ended up getting a Tweet from Arrington after sending him one this evening (about running into them)! Yes, simple minds are easily amused.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan

Very cool. what did he have to say?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yeah, I think it's usually best just to say hi to those people and go on, if you do anything at all. They get buried with publicity so much they'd probably appreciate a little normalcy. We once waited beneath Riverfront Stadium to watch the players come out after the game, to see what cars they got in and etc. You could do that back in the 90's. Eddie Taubensee was super nice, came out and signed a ton of autographs. We kept looking for Deon, and never saw him. Just figured he weaseled out some back way to avoid the fans. We started back to the car, and we were literally the only car left in the parking lot. On the way out of the lot, the driver of the van I was in looked in his rearview mirror and said "well, there's Deon right behind us". Sure enough, there he was. He was driving a ghetto'd out white Suburban. LOL....
    Posted by TheExaminer
    I agree, in normal situations they appreciate knowing they are just like everyone else unless they are jerks which some are.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Saw some players in Indy this evening!:
    While checking out the Super Bowl festivities this afternoon I ran into a few of our boys in downtown Indy! At the corner of Illinois and Maryland (right in front of the movie sign) around five, I spotted Edelman, Slater, Arrington, and Ventrone trying to hail a cab. Individually I might not have been able to pick them out, but standing together was a dead giveaway. I'm not much on autographs, so I just shook hands, thanked them for their hard work, and wished them good luck. They looked like they were enjoying their (relative) anonymity, so I tried to be subtle and not blow their cover. Only other famous person I saw up close was Colin Cowherd. Pretty cool, though.
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan

If you see any of the Giants players,it would be much appreciated if you pulled a Tonya Harding and went after their knees.Thank you.
    J/K
      The 2 most famous people I met (at separate times) was the 2000 Miss America Heather French and Ray Manzarek,the organist from the Doors. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

UD6, you may be an exception, but from experience watching games with indy fans, they just arent good fans...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I have read nothing but positive things about the city....colts fans....that is a different story

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Saw some players in Indy this evening! : If you see any of the Giants players,it would be much appreciated if you pulled a Tonya Harding and went after their knees.Thank you. J/K   The 2 most famous people I met (at separate times) was the 2000 Miss America Heather French and Ray Manzarek,the organist from the Doors. 
    Posted by mrmojo1120

And  they were together?

Man, musicians get all the hot chicks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

UD6, you may be an exception, but from experience watching games with indy fans, they just arent good fans...
    Posted by redsoxfan94

What does that mean?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In Response to Re: Saw some players in Indy this evening! : And  they were together? Man, musicians get all the hot chicks.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Honestly,I didn't think she was all the hot.I also met them at different times.
      I had dinner with Miss French at a fundraiser for homeless Vets at the White River Junction VA here in Vermont when I was representing a shelter I volunteered at.
        I met Ray at a Marlboro Mass antique/collectible show that I was set up at.He,along with Tracy Lords,the actor who played Don from "Lost in Space"
    and a few other minor celeberties were selling autographs.Ray came outside and bummed a cigarette from me.I pretty much babbled to him like a 12 year old schoolgirl while we smoked.He ended up signing a photo for me later,free of charge.Very cool dude.

Sections
Shortcuts