say it aint so Willie Mac

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

say it aint so Willie Mac

Willie McGinest on @NFLNetwork tonight predicted an 11-5 record for #Patriots this year, including losses to #Bengals, #Falcons & #Broncos

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Re: say it aint so Willie Mac

Who cares? That's his opinion and he  is entitled to it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm not sure what's going to happen this year.  The passing game is the biggest question mark I can remember for New England. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The offense really worries me at this point and honestly the defense is still so young you don't know if they are going to take a step forward or a step back from last year. And last year, statistically, they provided less QB pressures than the previous year which is not a good trend

11-5 is a bit conservative but about right. I'm thinking somewhere between 11-13 wins this year too

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

The offense really worries me at this point and honestly the defense is still so young you don't know if they are going to take a step forward or a step back from last year. And last year, statistically, they provided less QB pressures than the previous year which is not a good trend

11-5 is a bit conservative but about right. I'm thinking somewhere between 11-13 wins this year too

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

I can understand concerns about the offense with AH, Gronk, Wes, Lloyd, and even Woodhead lost or unsure about time of return. But I think it will end up being a top 5 offense in the league. 

I think we have reason to believe the D will be at least a little better which was good enough to get deep into the payoffs. But I think it will be a bit better than that. 

It is likely that health will be the single greatest factor as to whether the Pats return to the SB this season. Especially if they have home field advantage in a conference championship game against a warm weather team or Denver (Manning is just not historically as good a player in bad winter weather).

I think you are right about record: 11-13 wins barring critial injuries. THat does mean we have to lose 3-5 games and so there will be some eggs layed during the regular season. It happens.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

I can understand concerns about the offense with AH, Gronk, Wes, Lloyd, and even Woodhead lost or unsure about time of return. But I think it will end up being a top 5 offense in the league. 

I think we have reason to believe the D will be at least a little better which was good enough to get deep into the payoffs. But I think it will be a bit better than that. 

It is likely that health will be the single greatest factor as to whether the Pats return to the SB this season. Especially if they have home field advantage in a conference championship game against a warm weather team or Denver (Manning is just not historically as good a player in bad winter weather).

I think you are right about record: 11-13 wins barring critial injuries. THat does mean we have to lose 3-5 games and so there will be some eggs layed during the regular season. It happens.

[/QUOTE]

In my heart I want to believe the O will just chug along but with this team based around a 2 TE set passing offense and none of the players who started those positions in the playoffs last year will start the year brings concern. I'll feel better once preseason game 3 comes around and we see what chemistry Brady has with his new guys.

As for the D, I'm with you I think they will improve. But, historically sophmore slumps exists and with Dennard being a question mark and Ras an injury concern along with the lack of pass rush up front does raise concerns. I'm hoping they improve but they could just as easily take a step back as a step forward. Should be an interesting year either way with hopefully some exciting games that come down to the wire in the Pats favor of course

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

it kind of hurts more when one of your own makes a prediction like this...Willie, Tedy B, Ty Law, Wiggins, Rodney....seems when they honestly critique, it goes a little deeper than when some one else critiques.

While I agree the offense is going to takle some time to find its niche, I feel the defense WILL step up and out perform last years defense....Pats get noting for amount of wins...#1-secure the division, #2-get home field in the playoffs, #3-be playing your best game come playoff time...

imo it is still Denver and the Pats that will fight it out for home field in the playoffs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

11-5 may get the number 2 seed in the conference, bye week and a home playoff game. Can't see Denver having much trouble in the AFC West, they will most likely get the number 1 seed and home field advantage. I don't see anyone from the Central being outstanding this year. Pittsburgh has had a lot of turnover, as has Baltimore, and both Cleveland and Cinci are good enough to be competitive. Hopefully Houston and Indy can cause problems for each other, and the AFC South has to play the NFC West this year, which should be a couple losses for each of them as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I don't see them losing to the Bengals...we'll see if Dalton makes strides this year, but I don't see him outplaying Brady this year....AJ Green is an absolute stud though.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

What I care more about is the team winning another SB. So long as they get in the playoffs, I don't really care if they win 11 or 13 or 15. The only time I will care about the number of reg season wins is if they go 16-0, which I don't believe is probably this year.

I'd be very happy with 11 wins if they show that they can move the chains and score > 21, without having to resort to hurry up practically every drive or passing the ball >30 times versus a good D.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I can't even guess how many wins the Pats will get. There are just too many variables.

No one really knows how the team is going to react to the impact of the murder, upcoming trial and continual media presence regarding this. How will the team process the murders? AH's imprisonment? The national media attention regarding all this?

Honestly, I don't know how you block all this out. No matter how much BB says "we're here to focus on football" or "AH is not on the team and we don't comment on players not the team" it doesn't mean the team won't be thinking about it some unconscious way. I think the only way the Pats get thru it if there is some real, authentic dialogue. The Pats as a team will need to come to grips with grisly reality of the murder(s). They will need to huddle up amonst themselves and talk about it, their shock, their anger, their sadness. And someone will need to communicate something honest to the media to get the media to abate.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"What I care more about is the team winning another SB."

You may want to take a break this year then. Seems very unlikely this is a Super Bowl caliber team. 

Stranger things have happened but I think you may want to lower your expectations a notch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"What I care more about is the team winning another SB."

You may want to take a break this year then. Seems very unlikely this is a Super Bowl caliber team. 

Stranger things have happened but I think you may want to lower your expectations a notch.

Of the five teams the Pats sent to the SB, how many did folks think was SB caliber?  A couple?  It is not the caliber but the results of how they play that counts.  They're in the hunt as with any other high echelon team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Willie McGinest on @NFLNetwork tonight predicted an 11-5 record for #Patriots this year, including losses to #Bengals, #Falcons & #Broncos

ill take 11-5, rkarp, this O lost big time players on it, they wont be rolling over teams offensively like they use too....i think thats about right based on a prediction in july....if they can pick up a guy like john abraham, id be more confident to bump up one more win ....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Barring any major long term injuries, I think this is the deepest Pats team in recent memory. If Gronk comes back and maintains his health, I think this team goes 14-2 and wins the Super Bowl.

Ballard will make us forget about A-Hern.  Wes's hands continue to fail him in Denver and Danny makes us forget about him.  Ras i comes out of the gates like the high pick he was and makes us forget about Dennard.  

Chandler blossums into the pass rusher we never had.  Collins provides the flexibility we never had at LB. Hightower emerges.  We're deep and good on D after 2 years of focus.

the running game is better than it has ever been with Ridley and Shane killin it.

Dobson comes through providing the deep threat.  Our O and D lines are solid. 

But what matters most, is that with Hern, Wes and Dennard out with questionable WRs, we finally have something to prove and will be playing with a chip on our shoulders instead of the expectation that we will waltz through the season. We'll be playing harder and better. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Barring any major long term injuries, I think this is the deepest Pats team in recent memory. If Gronk comes back and maintains his health, I think this team goes 14-2 and wins the Super Bowl.

Ballard will make us forget about A-Hern.  Wes's hands continue to fail him in Denver and Danny makes us forget about him.  Ras i comes out of the gates like the high pick he was and makes us forget about Dennard.  

Chandler blossums into the pass rusher we never had.  Collins provides the flexibility we never had at LB. Hightower emerges.  We're deep and good on D after 2 years of focus.

the running game is better than it has ever been with Ridley and Shane killin it.

Dobson comes through providing the deep threat.  Our O and D lines are solid. 

But what matters most, is that with Hern, Wes and Dennard out with questionable WRs, we finally have something to prove and will be playing with a chip on our shoulders instead of the expectation that we will waltz through the season. We'll be playing harder and better. 

BB got you sipping the Kool-aid early this year..lol..hope your right on some of these though!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

2001....11-5.....Super Bowl Champions.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

2012 Ravens.....10-6......Super Bowl Champions

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

2011 Giants.....9-7.....Super Bowl Champions

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

tcal2-, you hit it on the head!  The Pats may very well start 3-3 or even 2-4, but could finish up with a 8-2 or 9-1 with momentum and like a well-oiled machine for a very deep run into the playoffs all the way to SB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Be concerned all you want! Defense finishes in the top 10, Offense finishes in the top 5 overall respectively this year. In the end, the PATS finish from 14-2 to 12-4 and win the AFC East again, and play Denver in the AFC Championship. The homefield team in that game goes to the Superbowl. And there's my 7/21/2013 prediction......CAN'T WAIT!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

Actually, an 11-5 record wouldn't be half bad, considering the off-season that the Pats have had, and their brutal 2013 schedule. An 11-5 record should be good enough to win the AFC East again...and have a shot at the second seed in the AFC tournament. That said...I'd hate to see the Pats lose at home to The Horseface & Wes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

11-5 would be fine with me if it gets us into the playoffs........based on history ..it should

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Not sure how 11-5 is a slight. Most years that gets you into the playoffs, some years, it still gets you a bye.

Sections
Shortcuts