Say it Aint So!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Say it Aint So!

In Response to Re: Say it Aint So!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say it Aint So! : Antonin Artaud?
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Hah!  Quite like that, actually!  Can we prescribe laudanum?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Well it sure looks like it.  

The last time this happened, I said that as abraisive as Rusty can be, he does post a lot of good stuff and his contributions are greater than his distractions.  I still feel this way.

Unfortunately, I could see on a couple of threads today where emotions were heating up and I wanted to yell at him to cool it a little but I didn't.  (Not that he would listen to me)  

Back in my wild and crazy days, I had a good friend that while we were drinking at a bar, he would go up to some big guy and ask him "hey is that your nose or are you eating a bananna" and it was off to the races.   As many times, I would tell him to not do this kind of sh----it anymore, he would do it over and over again.  

So I guess "it is what it is" but in any event, I hope he's not gone for long.    :) 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He is a raging knucklehead considering he is not stupid but just holds stupid notions. And he is a Brady basher and a closet BB basher. But I would never call for his banning.

But on any board many magnitudes of people read the posts compared to the actual numbers who post. I don't think you can keep bashing the greatest Pats' player ever and say the greatest Pats' coach ever doesn't know what he's doing without making some people angry. And calling posters who appreciate Brady and BB trolls is so absurd it probably rankles people as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I haven't seen all of his posts but have never seen where he has said BB is a bad coach, only praise for him. I've read his comments about how Brady tends to take matters into his own hands and forces the ball into too many turnovers but not that he's a bad qb... He questions the run vs pass play selection but in his opinion most of that was due to Obrien and Brady, not BB.  

He's actually started a few threads, even just recently about how good a coach and GM BB is. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't seen all of his posts but have never seen where he has said BB is a bad coach, only praise for him. I've read his comments about how Brady tends to take matters into his own hands and forces the ball into too many turnovers but not that he's a bad qb... He questions the run vs pass play selection but in his opinion most of that was due to Obrien and Brady, not BB.   He's actually started a few threads, even just recently about how good a coach and GM BB is. 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

You can say BB is a great coach all you want. But when 99% of your posts question how he runs the team people see through that pretty easily. And to try to say Brady or OB are just out of BB's control is ridiculous. Nobody is buying that nonsense. If anything, BB is in control.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say it Aint So! : You can say BB is a great coach all you want. But when 99% of your posts question how he runs the team people see through that pretty easily. And to try to say Brady or OB are just out of BB's control is ridiculous. Nobody is buying that nonsense. If anything, BB is in control.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

BB is a great coach but no coach can control everything that happens on the field. He couldn't have prepared the team any better than what they were for the super bowl. Guys throw picks, miss tackles, jump offsides, kick poorly, all of that is out of BB's control. 

Many times the most talented team doesn't win either, its all about execution and only the players can do that. They will all say the same thing too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say it Aint So! : BB is a great coach but no coach can control everything that happens on the field. He couldn't have prepared the team any better than what they were for the super bowl. Guys throw picks, miss tackles, jump offsides, kick poorly, all of that is out of BB's control.  Many times the most talented team doesn't win either, its all about execution and only the players can do that. They will all say the same thing too. 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Trying to use that excuse is an empty ploy.

It is easy enough for BB to tell OB and Brady not to pass so much. BB has admitted he is aware of every play call on both sides of the ball and can overrule if he doesn't like what's going down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

We all have the right to freedom of speech until you disagree with some one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Wonder what he did that got him banned today? He didn't seem any different. What specifically do they ban guys for?

Just wondering.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The thing about Rusty is that his opinion on Brady is way off base, I love outside of the box thinking, but this stuff is absurd. I don't think he could get banned despite his opinion on Brady, it's the way he talks down to people and insults them. The funny thing is the two people that argue with him most is Babe and I...yet neither one of us complained about him. That just tells me that he must of really went off on rants this week with people.

He'll be back next week or try to make a point and come back a couple of weeks from now, I just wish some of his posts would be spared the banning because some of the things he says - he denies later on and there no longer is proof of it. Like Brady could go on to have another record breaking season next year (win the Super Bowl) and he'll be on here telling everyone that he never said a bad thing about the guy. He did the same thing with Merriweather - he called him the third best safety in the afc and he was cut the following year. He called Smith (49ers) a better QB than Brady this year and he said Revis was no better than McCourty (before McCourty crapped the bed this year). Therre's no proof of any of that or many more ridiculous posts.

The whole thing cracks me up anyways though. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]The thing about Rusty is that his opinion on Brady is way off base, I love outside of the box thinking, but this stuff is absurd. I don't think he could get banned despite his opinion on Brady, it's the way he talks down to people and insults them. The funny thing is the two people that argue with him most is Babe and I...yet neither one of us complained about him. That just tells me that he must of really went off on rants this week with people.   He'll be back next week or try to make a point and come back a couple of weeks from now, I just wish some of his posts would be spared the banning because some of the things he says - he denies later on and there no longer is proof of it. Like Brady could go on to have another record breaking season next year (win the Super Bowl) and he'll be on here telling everyone that he never said a bad thing about the guy. He did the same thing with Merriweather - he called him the third best safety in the afc and he was cut the following year. He called Smith (49ers) a better QB than Brady this year and he said Revis was no better than McCourty (before McCourty crapped the bed this year). Therre's no proof of any of that or many more ridiculous posts. The whole thing cracks me up anyways though. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

When I commented that McCourty has looked very good so far before the season he was all over me that it was a slam dunk the guy was a perennial all-pro. Oddly, he never mentioned that again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In response to "Re: Say it Aint So!": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say it Aint So! : ...Or maybe they feel they have to ban him because clowns like you report him 5 times a day. My goodness gracious people, it'd be one thing if this guy was a troll from another team spamming the board constantly. Just because he enjoys talking Patriots and may debate intensely doesn't mean you have to go taddle like a 6 year old who didn't get picked for the recess kickball team. Grow up. Posted by IrishMob7[/QUOTE] How many times have a reported him? Please tell me because that's news to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Well it sure looks like it.   The last time this happened, I said that as abraisive as Rusty can be, he does post a lot of good stuff and his contributions are greater than his distractions.  I still feel this way. Unfortunately, I could see on a couple of threads today where emotions were heating up and I wanted to yell at him to cool it a little but I didn't.  (Not that he would listen to me)   Back in my wild and crazy days, I had a good friend that while we were drinking at a bar, he would go up to some big guy and ask him "hey is that your nose or are you eating a bananna" and it was off to the races.   As many times, I would tell him to not do this kind of sh----it anymore, he would do it over and over again.   So I guess "it is what it is" but in any event, I hope he's not gone for long.    :) 
    Posted by NCPatsFan1971[/QUOTE]

I agree, Rus often has thought provoking post that make me go into research mode to either negate or agree with some of his thoughts.  That's a good thing as it helps people to learn. At least it does me.
    But on the other hand, I watched the Mods delete some of his more abrasive posts earlier today, that should have been his first hint that they were watching him.  Instead of cooling it, he insulted the Mods. LOL!   Shortly after, he was deleted.
    That being said, I'd love for him to return but knowing that the insults are what get you banned, not the rats, it might be a good time to cool it.

I've held my breath a few times, knowing  that something I said might have crossed the line, as I'm sure some others here have too.  I think it's more to do with the frequency of it, which is why some people are allowed to stay and others are deleted.  We all can get emotional and passionate.  That's what makes us fans.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Good riddance. How many times has he been banned over the years? Four or five times if I recall correctly.

His arrogant style of argument, and his talking down to others while throwing in childish insults is what has done him in. The fact that he chooses not to learn from his previous bans, and adjust how he talks people shows how arrogant and immature he really is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In response to "Re: Say it Aint So!": [QUOTE]Good riddance. How many times has he been banned over the years? Four or five times if I recall correctly. His arrogant style of argument, and his talking down to others while throwing in childish insults is what has done him in. The fact that he chooses not to learn from his previous bans, and adjust how he talks people shows how arrogant and immature he really is. Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE] ^^^ This.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Say it Aint So! : I agree, Rus often has thought provoking post that make me go into research mode to either negate or agree with some of his thoughts.  That's a good thing as it helps people to learn. At least it does me. But on the other hand, I watched the Mods delete some of his more abrasive posts earlier today, that should have been his first hint that they were watching him.  Instead of cooling it, he insulted the Mods. LOL!   Shortly after, he was deleted. That being said, I'd love for him to return but knowing that the insults are what get you banned, not the rats, it might be a good time to cool it. I've held my breath a few times, knowing  that something I said might have crossed the line, as I'm sure some others here have too.  I think it's more to do with the frequency of it, which is why some people are allowed to stay and others are deleted.  We all can get emotional and passionate.  That's what makes us fans.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Plenty of folks call each other stupid or clueless all the time around here. That doesn't seem to be a capitol offense. Calling anybody who doesn't agree with you a troll incessantly might not sit well though. And slamming the mods all the time is probably not a bright idea either.

Comapring certain posters who think Brady is a great QB to one of the most demented serial killers of all time might be a little excessive as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

There have been much worse than Rusty on here and they come back a lot and insult other posters even worse.  He does have his "soapbox" and preaches until the cows come home to sway you to his side.  At the minimum, he is consistent with his views and opinions.  Let him post, there is no rule you have to read them or respond.  Let us be the judges, not the mods, by ignoring him, besides I have never known him to exceed decency bounds.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

what does he get banned for? hurting people's feelings? i dont see any vulgar in his writing....yes he is arrogant, but he knows football and i enjoy his posts for the most part....if you dont like him then ignore him, its as simple as that

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I have no problem with Rusty.  He's knowledgeable and insightful in his analysis and he's offered perspectives that have not otherwise occurred to me.  I think that from time to time he dillutes his discussion with the personal but all in all he brings a great deal to the table here.  Banning him strikes me as unnecessary.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Say it Aint So! : ...[incessant New York blather and bravado].... PERMANENT BAN NOW!! 

Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

You're a dumb a$$. It would be a great world if we could just banish anybody who ever offended us in any way. For example, I'm all for permanently banning fans of any New York teams from any chat boards I may ever visit. Generally speaking, they are vulgar, insulting and add nothing useful to the discussion. 

However, life doesn't work that way. People who you don't like have a right to express their opinion. So I have to put up with the likes of you and other self-important clowns, who while they appear brave and self assured in their postings, really don't add anything substantive to any discussion they are a part of. All you bring are snide comments and attempts at humor that fall completely flat.

So while I question why you (and frankly any fans of teams other than the one that is the subject of this board) are here, and fail to see one shred of value added by your presence, I don't think you should be banned. I may "ignore" you at some point (actually, I can feel that coming...), but I wouldn't act like a schoolgirl and report you to the mods or call for your permanent banning, however pleasing that thought may be.   

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

JINTS FAN,NYFAN111,FAT REX, ALL PIGS without any redeeming qualities. The thing that will become them the most in this world is their leaving it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Once you spend enough time on the site, you realize that Rusty is just BDC's version of the argument guy from Monty Python. 

Then you stop taking him seriously and just laugh at the endless stream of absurdity, illogic, misinformation, and error that flows from his keyboard--all interspersed with ridiculous assertions of his own intellectual superiority and everyone else's mental, and sometimes moral, deficiency. 

It's all just comedy.  A great way to waste time.  And you don't just get the argument guy . . . you get the abuse guy too.  "Heap of parrot droppings . . ." and all . . . Two for the price of one.  And better yet, someone else is paying for it all.  Not sure what company he works for, but boy do we ever get their money's worth from our Rusty . . .