Say NO to Randy Moss.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Say NO to Randy Moss.

This ship has sailed. I will honestly be thouroughly upset if Randy is brought back to the team. The identity of the Patriots offensively has changed. Do we have a real deep threat? Maybe not. Do we have situational guys who can get deep and gouge defenses for big gains? HELL YES. If I am a defensive coordinator I would rather plan for Randy Moss than what our offense offers at this point in time. Brady had one bad game last year, but prior to that we all saw that this O was UNSTOPPABLE.

To me resigning Moss is a step backwards for this team.

Let the dissent begin...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Re: Say NO to Randy Moss.

I think once we see Taylor Price we will forget about the idea of bringing back Moss...  While I enjoyed 2007 I think it's time to give Price a chance to show he is the NEW DEEP THREAT...

The kid is a Baller.... reminds me of Hernandez.... 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

But he was a *BEAST in 2007!?!

*DISCLAIMER:  I despise the use of this word as it relates to describing an athlete and/or his performance on the field/court/ice etc., however it works well when used sarcastically.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

50 TDs in 51 starts for the Pats. Beat that, and maybe you will have a case.

If you would rather plan for Moss than what our offense offers at this point, how would you like to have to plan for Moss AND what our offense offers at this point?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Price and Slater are not Moss.  Bring him in for this Championship run!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

NO! Im a Moss fan, I can't get over it!  Ocho is not the answer, neither is Price or Slater.  As good as last night was, we still need a deep threat who can catch the ball!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

In Response to Re: Say NO to Randy Moss.:
    NO! Im a Moss fan, I can't get over it!  Ocho is not the answer, neither is Price or Slater.  As good as last night was, we still need a deep threat who can catch the ball!!
    Posted by BradyMossFan

Moss isn't the answer either! He talked his way out of here and he can grovel all he wants, but HE DOES NOT DESERVE A SPOT ON THIS ROSTER! He had it, and gave it up. Good riddance. The offense has been as potent without him (minus 1 game last season) and even in that game, the offense was coming back towards the end! Stop calling for Moss when the real answer is an improvement on D. An improvement I think we will see with time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Beyond the fact that this is not even a remote possibility, what, exactly, has Randy done since he left that makes you think he can accomplish anything at all on an NFL gridiron?

Don't get me wrong . . .   Randy was awesome when he was here, but there's a reason he's not in the league, and it ain't because he don't wanna be.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

Beyond the fact that this is not even a remote possibility, what, exactly, has Randy done since he left that makes you think he can accomplish anything at all on an NFL gridiron. Don't get me wrong . . .   Randy was awesome when he was here, but there's a reason he's not in the league, and it ain't because he don't wanna be.
    Posted by p-mike

Truth. I am just sick of all these people calling for Randy. It is over people.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

No Mas Moss....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mirage123. Show Mirage123's posts

I think we cut cut Ocho after next game and sign Moss. Moss is far better than Ocho. If agrees to play 18-20 snaps a game. he will be a much better decoy for Branch and Welker to get open. Also, if the defense didn't cover Moss well, Brady throw a bomb to him. He is a legitimate deep threat and could spread out offense for receivers and tightend to get open. Think about Moss played the 18 snaps that Ocho played, it would open up defense. 

When Moss was playing in NE last year, the only other threat Welker and possibly Hernandez. Gronk has not started in run at that time, he did well only after Moss left NE. 

BB should cut the losses and cut Ocho after next game. He can possibly see 15 snaps a game and might even reduce if Price comes back. 

Moss has seen other pastures and he publicly shown his willingness to play for NE, in fact he was almost begging. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I think we cut cut Ocho after next game and sign Moss. Moss is far better than Ocho. If agrees to play 18-20 snaps a game. he will be a much better decoy for Branch and Welker to get open. Also, if the defense didn't cover Moss well, Brady throw a bomb to him. He is a legitimate deep threat and could spread out offense for receivers and tightend to get open. Think about Moss played the 18 snaps that Ocho played, it would open up defense.  When Moss was playing in NE last year, the only other threat Welker and possibly Hernandez. Gronk has not started in run at that time, he did well only after Moss left NE.  BB should cut the losses and cut Ocho after next game. He can possibly see 15 snaps a game and might even reduce if Price comes back.  Moss has seen other pastures and he publicly shown his willingness to play for NE, in fact he was almost begging. 
    Posted by Mirage123

Are you aware that there's a naked cat in your avatar?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Price and Slater are not Moss.  Bring him in for this Championship run!!
    Posted by BradyMossFan

The problem is that Moss is not Moss anymore....  even he would admit that he was a bit of a slacker when it came to training and he mostly relied on his naturally gifted ability to just show up and dazzle us with amazing feats.... but not even Moss can do that forever....

Especially since he has taken some time off and it's likey that his physical conditioning has suffered even since last year...

...and Brady hit 8 different receivers last night....  and Price, Ridley and Vereen will become targets soon....  that's plenty....

Not to mention that Brady already has one distraction brewing with Ocho looking like a little boy who lost his dog crying on his shoulder.... I'm not sure having Moss hovering around Brady too would be a healthy situation at all....

Seems like Brady is excited and confident with his new TE's and "Money" receivers Branch and Welker...

The chemistry seems fine... no need to mess it up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Beyond the fact that this is not even a remote possibility, what, exactly, has Randy done since he left that makes you think he can accomplish anything at all on an NFL gridiron. Don't get me wrong . . .   Randy was awesome when he was here, but there's a reason he's not in the league, and it ain't because he don't wanna be.
    Posted by p-mike

Name me somebody on the Pats that had a higher ratio of starts/TDs than Moss last year.

Four guys had more receiving TDs for the Pats than Randy, and he only started THREE games for them (and Brady led the league in TD passes).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

If Bill wants him back, bring him back.  Life will go on with him or without him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

In Response to Say NO to Randy Moss.:
    To me resigning Moss is a step backwards for this team. Let the dissent begin...
    Posted by oh-my-beard

I am with you on this one. We have Welker to "stretch the field"! Pats played with 1 or 2 WR most of the night and I am not convinced that we would have done better with Randy out there as one of the receivers. Besides, I've never seen Moss chasing and tackling a defensive lineman.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Sigh, the funny thing about sports is that coaches think about the current while fans think about the past.

Go back to 10' and ask what did Moss do that year? He was single covered a majority of the games, had trouble getting separation, gave up on plays, shot himself out of 2 teams and was benched on his third

Go back to 09' and you see he had a good season but towards the end of the year was having trouble getting separation on deep routes and teams with top end cb's played more zone S to provide help then rolling a S over to specifically cover Moss. He become a much more effective redzone threat then deep threat. (Proof comes in that the 1st 2 months he had 43 rec with 9 20+ catches over 7 games and last 2 months he had 17 rec with 3 20+ catches over 5 games)

From 07-08 Moss was unstoppable

If you look at that and then look at his play last year Moss is on the downside of his career. As a 1 dimensional WR on the downside he might not provide more then what a combo of Hernandez and Gronk provide right now. Essentially they are performing the same duty just in a different way while also being very effective. With Moss it was taking the top off forcing the S to roll over to his side leaving the underneath middle of the field (3-7 yrd range) open for Welker yielding to high yac. With Hernandez and Gronk it forces a LB or S to come up in the box spying for a release which opens up the mid sidelines of the field open for 1 on 1 covering (7-15 yrd area) an area that Branch exploited last night and Welker took advantage of on the 99.5 yrd TD yac.

We don't need Moss, we just need Hernandez and Gronk to stay healthy all season which at the end of last season Gronk was dinged up and Hernandez was injured.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

In Response to Re: Say NO to Randy Moss. : Name me somebody on the Pats that had a higher ratio of starts/TDs than Moss last year. Four guys had more receiving TDs for the Pats than Randy, and he only started THREE games for them (and Brady led the league in TD passes).
    Posted by BabeParilli

You aren't making the point that you think you are. Four players having more TDs than him is plenty for me... This isn't a valid argument, and you need to work on your rationale.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Say NO to Randy Moss. : Name me somebody on the Pats that had a higher ratio of starts/TDs than Moss last year. Four guys had more receiving TDs for the Pats than Randy, and he only started THREE games for them (and Brady led the league in TD passes).
    Posted by BabeParilli

The idea that the Pats spread the ball around is nothing new, and the fact that they went 12-1 without him kind of blows a giant hole in your theory, there, junior.

Are you actually developmentally challenged . . .   or do you really believe that cherry-picking obtuse statistics makes for a sound argument?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Say NO to Randy Moss. : Are you aware that there's a naked cat in your avatar?
    Posted by p-mike

What cat?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

He talked his way out of here and he can grovel all he wants, but HE DOES NOT DESERVE A SPOT ON THIS ROSTER! He had it, and gave it up. Good riddance.
    Posted by oh-my-beard

Have a heart.  We all deserve second chances.  The man basically went on air and said he was sorry and admitted he made a mistake.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In Response to Re: Say NO to Randy Moss. : Have a heart.  We all deserve second chances.  The man basically went on air and said he was sorry and admitted he made a mistake.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

This guy has made a career out of talking/playing his was out of town, he doesn't deserve a "second chance".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I really believe Moss could come back and immediately help this team.  I'm patient with Chad Johnson, and I really think he will help, but Moss know this offense cold.  What would really scare me is his penchant for losing it when he's not the focal point of the offense.  I don't think he'd be ok coming back and catching 30-40 balls for 500 yards. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I really believe Moss could come back and immediately help this team.  I'm patient with Chad Johnson, and I really think he will help, but Moss know this offense cold.  What would really scare me is his penchant for losing it when he's not the focal point of the offense.  I don't think he'd be ok coming back and catching 30-40 balls for 500 yards. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

Part of me wants to say that this^ is exactly it, CWB. It looked very much to me last  year as if Randy shot his way out of town because he believed he needed bigger numbers to make a run at one more fat contract, and he couldn't see it happening with Brady spreading the ball around the way he does. Well . . .  we all know what happened, and while I'm tempted to think that Randy might have that out of his system, having seen the reality of the end of his career . . .   I'm also a firm believer that the leopard cannot change his spots.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I honestly think Randy knows the situation here.  He knows he would not be the main receiver here or anywhere else as proven last year when he left the Pats. I think by doing what he did last year he learned his lesson, he knows he isn't the super star he once was.  I believe he knows he wouldn't get a bunch of looks every game and probably would be off the field for many plays and I think he is okay with all that.

With that said, I really don"t see Moss coming back unless a receiver went down and I think that is even stretching it.  I think we need a deep threat, I still think Moss would provide that, not all game every game but enough to keep D's honest.  I'm a Moss fan, would like to see him back but don't see him coming back.... ever.  I can still wish tho.

Sections
Shortcuts