Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism

Sayers was right on the money who cares what his motivation was for saying it it's the truth that is what should matter!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism:
         I'm getting sick and tired of the talking heads discussing whether Gayle Sayers' recent criticisms of Jay Cutler and the Chicago Bears were motivated by "frustration at having  a shortened career", or because "he missed out on the big money being paid to current players". The truth of the matter is that Sayers, like so many folks living in the Chicago area, is a frustrated Bears fan.       Furthermore, his criticisms were right on the money. Jay Cutler has not produced (and never will). Brian Urlacher is old, tired, and beaten up. Julius Peppers alone cannot turn the Bears' "D" around. The Bears are going nowhere.      Here's a whine by Urlacher over Sayers' comments: http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=5204392 . Listen to the commentary.       Recently, Dick Butkus has joined in the fray, backing up is ex-teammate, Sayers: http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/butkus-backs-sayers-in-rift-with-urlacher.html      For those who don't like the criticism like Urlacher, my advice is simple. Shut your mouth, and start winning. You're organization shelled out a king's ransom in draft choices for an immature, vastly overrated QB. Sorry...but 26 picks in one season isn't exactly getting it done. Is the addition of Julius Peppers going to make Cutler a better QB?       Thoughts?     
    Posted by TexasPat3

Interesting - I remember last year when Rodney Harrison and Teddy Bruschi said some critical things about the pats and this board burst a collective blood vessel in damnation of the criticism. 

I guess it depends on your perspective, but lets not suggest that there is any objectivity involved.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I'm gonna side with Tex here -- and underdogg(g) should know that I actually enjoy his contributions to our board -- but all actual football and football fan analysis aside, and without extrapolating on the relative accuracy of the statement . . .

" . . .  burst a collective blood vessel . . . " is pretty solid imagery.

I wish I had come up with that.

And those of you who have been around for a while might recognize that as the highest praise you're likely to get from me.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

He picks his spots, Tex.

You know that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism:
    In Response to Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism :      As usual, you have a warped and selective memory. Some fans complained, but to say that "this board burst a collective blood vessel" is a bit much...even by your standards.       Incidently, conspicuous by your absence was your commentary regarding Bill Polian throwing his OL under the bus for the SB loss...and the recent response of players Jeff Saturday and Ryan Diem, contradicting him. From what I've read, most Colts' fans seem to agree with Saturday and Diem.      Do you agree with Polian, or the players? Why do you suppose that Polian singled out his own OL? Was he attempting to protect the legacy and/or fragile ego of a certain QB?  
    Posted by TexasPat3

We can debate who has the selective memory all day.  I'll stand by my comment because it is true.  This board goes nuts when any public criticism is laid on it.  Now maybe going forward some of that will diminish because the pats have not enjoyed too much success over the past 2 years, but it absolutely was the case during the season last year. 

As for the polian thing, since you seem to be disinterested in starting a thread about it, I'll answer after you provide your opinion of it.  No one here cares what I think, but I'll share with you.  First you tell me what you think since you brought it up and your words are angling toward the negative.  I am listening.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism :      Mike...notice how the Dog(gg) has not weighed in on the Indy situation? I wonder why...LOL!!
    Posted by TexasPat3

Pmike in response to you through TP's comment - I don't wait around for TP to post just so that I may provide my response.  As much as he would like to believe it, he doesn't have that much cache.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

In Response to Re: Sayers Hits Mark With Cutler/Bears Criticism :      As usual, you have a warped and selective memory. Some fans complained, but to say that "this board burst a collective blood vessel" is a bit much...even by your standards.       Incidently, conspicuous by your absence was your commentary regarding Bill Polian throwing his OL under the bus for the SB loss...and the recent response of players Jeff Saturday and Ryan Diem, contradicting him. From what I've read, most Colts' fans seem to agree with Saturday and Diem.      Do you agree with Polian, or the players? Why do you suppose that Polian singled out his own OL? Was he attempting to protect the legacy and/or fragile ego of a certain QB?  
    Posted by TexasPat3

Further what do you know or have read or seen that leads you to believe a certain QB has a fragile ego or is someone simply applying "a bit much"?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I agree with you Tex either start winning or shut your mouth. We as Pats fans can laugh at Jets fans who say we are washed up cause they say that every year and every year we still have double digit wins and a playoff berth so we can laugh at them for being stupid but how can any Bears fan or player be mad about what was said? They s*ck! Cutler was a giant mistake and everyone knows it. Now this is where Underdogg comes in and trys to make McDanials a bad guy for being smarter then most people for getting rid of the moron Jay Cutler....
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Tas - I am willling to admit that McDaniels got his money's worth for Cutler.  I still believe that his approach was incredibly short sighted and wrong.  Regardless of what you think of Cutler (and the book is starting to look worse, I'll admit) he is still better than everything McDaniels has in Denver. 

IF McDaniels manages to stick around long enough for his mad stew to take shape then maybe he will be able to accomplish something, but right now the moves he is making feel like he's simply throwing sh*t against the wall to see what sticks. 

Cutler, on the other hand, needs to step up.  Its time.  He doesn't need to be Philip Rivers, but he needs to be close. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

TP - you first, please.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.