SB 46 on NFLN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: SB 46 on NFLN

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

How true. We all know only Brady is impervious to heat.

Yes.  The defense is allowed to fail because it was hot.

Brady, however, shouldn't have called the shotgun so much.  That 99 yard TD drive was clearly a major error.

The heat can't be used as a reason for him to fail because his wife is from Brazil.

And you didn't go to college.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

After reading so many posts about SB 46 from Rusty, I still cannot believe he only watched it one time before today. 

What a fraud.

Freaking truth right here!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

The Safety is way worse than I remember. Brady had all day, at least 5 seconds before Linval Joseph broke outside on Waters, to "contain" Brady and the weakside pressure got to him. Many here acted like the line broke down and that's absolutely false.  Every single OL did a nice job for 5 seconds and then pocket broke down, but Brady had many options prior to that. 

But, what stopped him from running to the right in the end zone?  Why does he always need 5+ seconds and a pefect pocket?

Brady had 4 seconds to allow 3 receivers covered by 7 defenders to get free. Meanwhile his 7 blockers couldn't manage more than 4 seconds protection blocking 4 rushers. Watch the playclock dimwit. Then, Vollmer launches the rusher with a block to the back right into Brady.

Learn the game, and get glasses dumbkoff.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/sty_zpsbc5fddf4.jpg

Another day, another bludgeoning of the VI.

How dare you provide facts when debating with Rusty.  He doesn't know what to do with those things.

btw, well done! Rusty ownage never gets boring!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I've only watched the highlight 30 minute presentation once.  This is the first time I've actually re-watched the game from start to finish.  So far, though half 1...

The Safety is way worse than I remember. Brady had all day, at least 5 seconds before Linval Joseph broke outside on Waters, to "contain" Brady and the weakside pressure got to him. Many here acted like the line broke down and that's absolutely false.  Every single OL did a nice job for 5 seconds and then pocket broke down, but Brady had many options prior to that. 

But, what stopped him from running to the right in the end zone?  Why does he always need 5+ seconds and a pefect pocket?  This only started in 2007 when the O Line would routinely provide perfect pockets where he would bob up and down in the pocket holding it for 5+ seconds if he needed to.  Now, it seems like when he doesn't get it and teams cut off the predictable mid field targets, he still waits on those routes to break open, before using his legs to scurry to the side or forward if need be.  

I don't care if the BBWs come whipping in here, as I know they will, and act like this wasn't all on Brady his refusal to move and decision making.  It's just so unacceptable. The formation itself was actually fantastic.  BJGE, lone setback, in line TE, play action, etc.  The idea should have been to get rid of the ball, not stand in the pocket in the end zone to look for some perfect seam.

If this one decision by Brady doesn't occur, we win the SB.  And that's just the one decision poorly made by our best player on the day.

Obviously, there are other errors by both teams, but overall the D played quite well under the circumstances in lack of offensive support in the latter part of the 3rd and all of the 4th.

The main flaw I am seeing so far is Brady is in the shotgun on 2nd down a lot, which then makes the 3rd down shotguns less productive.   On this second drive, they move the ball well, but they never try to establish the run with BJGE. They run draws with him and Brady is in the shotgun on downs like 2nd and 8.  That right there is a problem. I watched the Packers/Steelers SB 45 last week and ROdgers was really only ever in the shotgun on 3rd downs. This is the difference between Rodgers>Brady right now.  Rodgers only uses the shotgun when he needs it, like most all QBs do.

They were imbalanced in the second half because they never committed to BJGE in the right way.

Down 9-0 or 9-3 shouldn't be a situation where you abandon how you create more depth to your playbook.    I am still shocked at how uneven Brady's game was, but in the end, it's his preferred style of play.  He has to be held accountable in these postseasons for it.

As halftime approaches, they work their 2 minute with Woodhead on the field and most of the time, the execution or their 2 minute is good, but Brady is still in the shotgun with plenty of time, like 2 minutes.  Obviously, they scored a TD, but they never established a run due to the Safety and the CHOICE to do it from draws exclusively.

That is the problem and why we lose close games.  All we have to do is establish some variation of a run in the first half against the better Ds, but with Brady under Center.

It cannot be done by using draws or subbing the RBs on and off, mixing and matching with obligatory, obvious runs.

Overall, the O Line has been OUTSTANDING in the first half, giving Brady time, and doing it without a run game established.

They almost didn't score the TD before half, in fact, because they tried to get cute from 2 and 2 from the shotgun and a draw to Woodhead?

It's so maddening. Just get to the line, stack the TEs, use a FB if you want it, and run the freaking thing in the end zone.

They took momentum away by halftime, kept it to start the 3rd and then offense just vanished the rest of the 3rd and into the 4th.

Great job by the D to hold to only the 1 TD after a poor start by the offense.  The sacks and pressures, getting to Eli was good stuff even if the RUn D wasn't there yet. 

3rd qtr....

1st play? Pure run formation, play action, Ochocinco, 21 yard sideline play. UGH.

1st and 10? Shotgun.  For the life of me, I don't get why they want to race back into a shotgun...As I type the 2nd and 1.....BJGE lone setback, Brady under Center, toss sweep.....20 yard run for BJGE.

1st and 10, Woodhead subbed in for BJGE....Shotgun.  Welker for 4 yards instead of us running it.

Draw to Woodhead, 3 yards.  3rd and inches, nice play call here....BJGE behind Pollite, 3 yards.

Solid drive, but it was really because they focused the most on showing more power formations to draw the Giants D in to playing more run.  Too much subbing for Woodhead for me, but their best traditional drive of the game, one we'd never see again the rest of the game.

Sad. It really is.  The quest for shotgun spreads has destroyed our sustainablity through 4 qtrs.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

3rd qtr...Giants drive for a FG, but because of two great plays. One by Chung on Nicks and then a fantastic stick by defensive MVP candidate, Sterling Moore on 3rd down underneath.

NFLN apparently skipped our crappy offense's next drive because their back to showing NY on O.

Mayo with a nice strip on this drive, but recovered by the Giants.  One of two, actually 3 strips on the day.

Gerard Warren showing up with inside pressure.  3rd and 8 from the 10....Nink and Anderson converge of a huge SACK on Eli. Another. The D had 4.5 on the day, I believe. Excellent 3rd down pressure again to hold.

"They're not scoring TDs in the red zone so far, and that has been the story." - Chris Collinsworth

"Keep everything in front of you, no big plays." - Matt Patricia.

Translation? NE's D executing the gameplan superbly so far.   Bad luck with at least one of the fumbles dancing into a NE player's arms.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Hey Ray Ray. What is the square root of 126,794,344? 'About a dollar'. 'About a dollar'. My sister has a true photographic memory and from her reading assignments only, never studied for a test and graduated first of class at the University she attended. That is a real god given memory.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Speaking of Mankins. He allowed the Tuck sack and roll over on TB which may have affected his shoulder. Don't recall which. You're right to say that M is a much better run blocker, especially when facing teams with decent inside/outside QB pressure. It's a lot to ask an OL to remain in pass blocking when facing a plethora of Gents' defensive fronts. Run the ball. I know with more physical teams in the PSs that it's more difficult, but show some semblance of a running attack to keep the D side honest and guessing.

During the season, the Pats were 2nd in rush attempts and 7th in rush offense. I stood corrected from a previous post.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Speaking of Mankins.

Rusty backed off criticizing him and his contract when he was reminded that Belichick was behind it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I do have recollection of that. I'm movin' on. These posts are a trip and very entertaining.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

My point is, no team is winning a SB by scoring 17 points unless it's the Giants in SB 42 with our own offense yet again being pathetic and eeking out 14. This isn't 1971. That's my point. 13, 14, 17 points ain't winning title games or SBs in today's game. It wouldn't even be the norm 20 or 25 years ago!

Would have been enough points to win had the defense been able to make 1 more stop in each game.  Thats what matters.  Both games the Patriots took the lead to win the game and with only a few minutes left, the D collapsed and gave up 83 and 88 yard game winning Giant drives.  The amount of points don't matter, the Patriots took the lead in the final minutes to win the game and the defense blew it!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brady, however, shouldn't have called the shotgun so much.  That 99 yard TD drive was clearly a major error.

The heat can't be used as a reason for him to fail because his wife is from Brazil.

Oh, I went to college. University of NC.  Where did you go? Did you answer my question yet? lol

The board knows why you haven't, troll. What a loser.

Why does this even matter so much to you?  I couldn't care less if anyone here did or didn't go to college.  And who cares where you went to college to become a telephone customer care representative for a pharmaceutical drug company.   None of that has anything to do with football!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

re: why does he always need 5 seconds and a perfect pocket.

According Pro Football Focus:  no QB in the league holds the ball less time than Brady.  His average release time is 2.49 seconds.  

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I shouldn't be suggesting to a HOF QB what the steps should have been on that play for him.

Correct!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Can people stop telling all these spoilers... I DVR'd it and have not seen the ending.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Our little VI Rusty has articulated the deficiencies of our team thoroughly in this thread and unwittingly pointed the finger of blame exactly where it belongs. That is, with the one whom he calls, "the greatest GM of the cap era". Obviously the team on the field that failed was created, paid for and played by one guy. The buck stops at BB.

Three cheers for Rusty, for finally seeing the light, you dum bass! LMAO@U

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Goal line D gave up a Td ,so is that on brady? So wheres the great D on that drive?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Wow Brady looks o bad moving the ball 98 yds before half for a td.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

begining of second half Pats drive agian and score td 17-9 ,giants have the ball driving,now this is the giants 1st possion of the second half and the D is giving up yards they cant be tired yet like were told right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Oh, I went to college. University of NC.  Where did you go? Did you answer my question yet? lol

The board knows why you haven't, troll. What a loser.

Why does this even matter so much to you?  I couldn't care less if anyone here did or didn't go to college.  And who cares where you went to college to become a telephone customer care representative for a pharmaceutical drug company.   None of that has anything to do with football!

LOL

Yeah, a sales consultant for clinical research companies or medical device companies is a "customer care rep".  bawhaha

Conversing as an adult on one of these boards has a lot do with pointing out the arrogance of the intimidated or insecure in conversation. Yes, yes it is. Not only is it ironic people like you are too insecure to be wrong or to learn from others, it's a sign of weakness.

I'll take you not answering a simple question of where you attended college as a sign you didn't, which is what I suspected.

Let me know when I talk down to a rocket scientist. It'll never happene because I would never pretend that would make sense, you know, because I am not arrogant enough to pretend to do so like you and your troll ilk are here.

They should have an IQ test and age limit to post on these boards. Would eliminate a lot of the riff raff and allow the adults to converse with other rational adults.

Oh dude, you have guessed many things about me and you have never been correct.  Proved you wrong on every single one of them.  Once again you are wrong, I went to college, a very good college for my field I must say.

You are a sales rep?  Hahahaha!  You went to college for that??  You might want to get your money back!!  Bwahahahaha!!

Sections
Shortcuts