SB 46

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: SB 46

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:

IF I get a time machine I will go back and tell Wes right before that play that the ball is going high and to the outside and he better catch it.

Maybe I need to also go back farther and tell Assante Samual he needs to punch it off the helmet!

You could just tell Wes to catch balls that hit him smack dab in both hands. That seems to be the only info he was lacking.

And I don't think Samuel was very near the helmet. That was Harrison. But you might tell Asante the same thing you tell Wes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to RockScully's comment:

"Ball was high and to the outside. It turned him to the outside." - Analyst, Scott Zolak

ROFLMFAO!!!   STILL!!!!!

Babe, this play was NOT in the end zone. Yet, you keep devining that IF he caught the ball they WOULD have scored a TD. Just admitt that teh GMen played teh entire 60 minutes BETTER than the Pats did, AGAIN. But, if this Welker "drop" issue is true, then we'll put blame on the SF loss right where it needs to be... Vern Davis. Do you recall the wide pass he dropped inside the 30 yd line? Most assuredly, THAT drive would have ended up as a TD and the ultimate game winner, lights out or not.  And, the timing of the play in regards to the game clock is inconsequential, could be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Qtr, or in the final minute of play. A drop is a drop, is a drop.....

Just let it go...... 

I've let it go. Welker dropped the Lombardi (most likely). I ASSURE you, Giants fans were screaming with glee when he did. They and anybody else watching with a modicum of objectivity knew if he makes that catch the Giants hopes of a win go down exponentially.

Tools like Rusty keep bringing it up. So I correct them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I believe he said '99/100', but who's counting. I truly believe that when TB saw the safety going to cover, primarily because of the blown coverage by the up man who went to cover Hernandes instead of Welk who was running free and wide open. That forced Tom to throw to his left shoulder, which in turn, had WW to contort his body and compromised his ability to make the catch. Of course he'll say that he should have caught it. He's a proud and disappointed professional and a good guy to boot. The blown coverage and the Gents fortunate abililty to have a safety surveying the field and probably watching TB's eyes made that play much more difficult to execute than people think. My 2 sense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

"Ball was high and to the outside. It turned him to the outside." - Analyst, Scott Zolak

ROFLMFAO!!!   STILL!!!!!

Babe, this play was NOT in the end zone. Yet, you keep devining that IF he caught the ball they WOULD have scored a TD. Just admitt that teh GMen played teh entire 60 minutes BETTER than the Pats did, AGAIN. But, if this Welker "drop" issue is true, then we'll put blame on the SF loss right where it needs to be... Vern Davis. Do you recall the wide pass he dropped inside the 30 yd line? Most assuredly, THAT drive would have ended up as a TD and the ultimate game winner, lights out or not.  And, the timing of the play in regards to the game clock is inconsequential, could be 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Qtr, or in the final minute of play. A drop is a drop, is a drop.....

Just let it go...... 

Well let's say he catches the thing - it's a first down around the 20? 30? I can't remember. Now let's say we get the ball at the 25 and drive down to the 5 before not getting in (could happen, I know), but what definetely would of happened at that point is we would of taken more time off the clock. The Giants ended up getting the ball back on their twelve yard line with 3:46 and one timeout. Now let's say they get the ball at the twenty yard line with 1:46 seconds and no timeouts...do they still beat us? With our defense the answer is probably, but I like our chances a little better with less time and less timeouts. And who's to say that we don't score when WE get into that redzone after Welker catches the ball (that he dropped)? 

Ah, if only wishes were fishes, we'd be up to our arses in haddock. Sorry, can't devine a "possibility" of what COULD have happened. Facts is before and after that drive, only twice did they score TD's on drives. Look at official stats. You'll find "points for" and "points against", but no "Gee, if this hadn't of happened..." category. Why stop with what you'd PROBABKY think the Pats would have done, and add if the Giants defense all got leg cramps withina  3 play sequence,a nd they ended up with their punter playing DB? Or, if a lineman, two LB's, and a safety blew out their knees on the same play? You know, as long as we're playing that Could Possibly Happen Game. Who's to say that Brady was NOT going to toss an INT on an ill conceived pass into strong coverage? or a tipped ball? or a pass the bounced off a receiver? What about a good catch, a step, and then a fumble by the receiver? Where does that figure into your dream like wish?  Naw! That would NEVER happen! Impossible! Couldn't! Right? 

So what you are saying is IF Welker caught that ball - despite it not being in the endzone - we still lose that game? I'm just trying to clarify, because that drop (at least to me) was along the lines of Bill Buckner, in terms of effect. This wasn't some meaningless dropped 2nd and ten throw in the first quarter, this is something that people are talking about two years later...and with good reason.

Yeah, you, me and the rest of the world, but apparently not AZ, realize that catch would have pretty much sealed the game. AT THE LEAST we would have likely (assuming no Ghost choke) gotten a FG making it 20-15 and likely leaving the Giants with less than 2 minutes and no timeouts. Then even if the Giants did score their TD in the less time we would have only needed a FG to win not a TD if there was any time left.

What you going to do. If somebody can't see that Welker catching that VASTLY improves our chances to win then you just can't help them. They clearly have an agenda that could care less about the facts and common sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

I believe he said '99/100', but who's counting. I truly believe that when TB saw the safety going to cover, primarily because of the blown coverage by the up man who went to cover Hernandes instead of Welk who was running free and wide open. That forced Tom to throw to his left shoulder, which in turn, had WW to contort his body and compromised his ability to make the catch. Of course he'll say that he should have caught it. He's a proud and disappointed professional and a good guy to boot. The blown coverage and the Gents fortunate abililty to have a safety surveying the field and probably watching TB's eyes made that play much more difficult to execute than people think. My 2 sense.

Funny how people pick and choose what quotes are really meant by a player and those  that aren't. LMAO

Welker dropped the Lombardi. Just live with it. Brady placed the ball perfectly between 3 defenders and Wes simply...

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/patriots1-articleLarge.jpg

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2012/02/07/welkerx-large.jpg

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES's comment:

No, it was a perfectly thrown ball that hit him squarely in the hands. It was an opitcal illusion, when you claim to have seen Welker contort his body and try to make a miracle catch behind him, against his momentium while running the OPEN route.  

So says Babe.... and Thus it shall be. (PLus, as an added bonus, they would haev scored on teh drive, guarandamnteed it, he did.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I believe he said '99/100', but who's counting.

I believe Welker said 99/100 and Collinsworth 100/100.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES's comment:

No, it was a perfectly thrown ball that hit him squarely in the hands. It was an opitcal illusion, when you claim to have seen Welker contort his body and try to make a miracle catch behind him, against his momentium while running the OPEN route.  

So says Babe.... and Thus it shall be. (PLus, as an added bonus, they would haev scored on teh drive, guarandamnteed it, he did.)

That would not have been any "miracle" catch. Ridiculous. Learn the game. LMAO@U

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/butterfinger.jpg

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I believe he said '99/100', but who's counting.

I believe Welker said 99/100 and Collinsworth 100/100.

The board believes you very well may be Giselle.

Don't let "the voices" win dumbkoff. Fight it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Hurl, it's going to get worse. SF have 14 picks this year and they are already deep and stacked. This could be a 3 to 4 year run and I can't really see anyone stopping them except themselves. Let's just hand them 4 Lombardi's and watch their wrath in the near future.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

ROFLMFAO!!!   STILL!!!!!

Just let it go...... 

I've let it go. Welker dropped the Lombardi (most likely). I ASSURE you, Giants fans were screaming with glee when he did. They and anybody else watching with a modicum of objectivity knew if he makes that catch the Giants hopes of a win go down exponentially.

And we correct YOU and the fact it was a poorly thrown ball by Brady, one of MANY that day.

Right genius.

Guys who set SB records for passing and have a 100 PR going into the desperation drive the D collapse forced on him have "many" poorly thrown balls. Learn the game dumbkoff.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The people on this board challenging you in front of Magnolia Manor's public computer station, aren't "voices".

Those are actually different people mocking you for having an unhealthy man lust for Brady.

Take it up with the Butterfingers people junior.

If that doesn't work, take it up with Collinsworth, or Welker himself.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

Just watched SB 46 highlights:

To think this D allowed  1 TD in the first half and 2 FGs total in the 2nd half, with the offense not doing anything else after the Hernandez TD, it's stunning that some here still think what we saw yesterday in the SB was better from either D than our own.

Wilfork just up and down the sideline "saying make em kick FGs, fellas".  Yep.

NE had the momentum until the Brady INT, and finally the Welker drop.

"How about a 7 minute drive and end it on out terms." - Tom Brady

This is absolute BS Rusty, you may be right but it doesn't matter it's been too long ago for you to bring it up now. Put simply putting this up is the behaviour of a troll by definition. I can't believe you put this up over a year after the game. And Rusty what is the purpose of this thread....it's to prove you were right, this is why I think you take more joy in Brady underperforming than the Patriots winning because while everyone here wants them to win including yourself you don't get to say your piece unless they lose and Brady plays bad. See there you win it was all Brady's fault, is that what you want from the forum. Do you want Rusty ball washers?? Man you're so much a troll you don't even realise it anymore, you think you're an avid fan well i'll tell you something, avid fans don't bash the best player on the team at any oppourtunity and avid fans don't hope their team will lose so they can have fun on their forums 

I'm a realist. I knew why we wouldn't win a SB as soon as Week 3 in Buffalo last year. And yes, I was right. I am still right.

Me admitting what needs to happen is nothing more than me seeing something you can't see for yourself or don't want to admit.

Is it possible that you're a little immature, a little too googly eyed over Brady, and don't want to admit that he's actually a huge part of the problem these last 2-3 years in the postseason?

How many more AFC title games do you need to see?  1? 2?

Only Brady can make Tom Brady play better in the postseason.

Rusty...I opened the post with you may be right as in my admittance to you being right, I don't want to lose another as I said last week i wouldn't care if Brady was told what to do on every play of every series for the rest of career as long as we win. It doesn't change the fact that you're trolling this board coming out with nonsense like this a full calender year later and taking the exact same pleasure in bringing up. Look Rusty if you're an intelligent man ( I don't know you however you constantly commend yourself on your intelligence i've noticed)  then you would have realised long ago that your attempts to change everyones opinions to yours is futile and yet you've continued to do it for 3-4 years. That's called being a troll Rusty, do some reading as you would say and you'd realise what you really are on this forum

Me having a consistent opinion that proves to be right, is not me trying to change yours. You have the right to lesser opinion that isn't right.

Personally, I can't believe we're watching this same kind of finesse, lacking offense 5 years removed from its failures in SB 42.

This we agree on, it's been long enough. We need a better defensive backfield though whether you care to believe it or not. When Talib went out this year they were well below par and Flacco carved them up, no other way to put it really. Even if Brady was playin well it would have been tight no doubt in my mind. At the end of the day there has to be a certain level of talent and that back end needs an upgrade.

Have you ever noticed by the way that it seems to be the non-BB types who make the best WR and CBs you know what i mean the really loud braggy generally bad character guys, makes me wonder if he should take a gamble on someone like that this year against his own theories. Obviously I know next to nothing about football compared to BB but I think he needs to realise that the locker room will do the hard work in bringing guys like that round.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

ROFLMFAO!!!   STILL!!!!!

Just let it go...... 

And we correct YOU and the fact it was a poorly thrown ball by Brady, one of MANY that day.

Right genius.

Guys who set SB records for passing and have a 100 PR going into the desperation drive the D collapse forced on him have "many" poorly thrown balls. Learn the game dumbkoff.

"sets records"?

For what? Throwing god awful INTs on first down in the postseason in the 4th qtr with a lead?

What was it? Consecutive completions in a SB I think. Tied it junior I believe. But you wouldn't notice anything Brady does great. You fixate on his very few miscues. Because you have yet to.... Learn the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Funny how people pick and choose what quotes are really meant by a player and those  that aren't. LMAO

Welker dropped the Lombardi. Just live with it. Brady placed the ball perfectly between 3 defenders and Wes simply...

http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/patriots1-articleLarge.jpg

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2012/02/07/welkerx-large.jpg

Why cant people admit that Welkers hands has always failed him in the clutch?  He is a chest catcher who clamps on to the ball and he catches 80 % of his balls this way, only when he cant jump high enough to catch with his chest, does he drop these balls with his suspect hands but the proof is there. Go watch a highlight reel and you will see almost no catches with his hands. He is like the kid in the BK commercial who couldnt eat the whopper cuz his hands were too small. God love him but the guy is limited.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The people on this board challenging you in front of Magnolia Manor's public computer station, aren't "voices".

Those are actually different people mocking you for having an unhealthy man lust for Brady.

Junior body slammed all day with facts resorts to his desperation 12 year old accusations of man lust.

Junior surrenders a whipped dog again today. LMAO@U

And tomorrow you will be bludgeoned senseless again!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Personally, I can't believe we're watching this same kind of finesse, lacking offense 5 years removed from its failures in SB 42.

You can't believe BB the greatest genius of all-time could allow this travesty to happen for half a decade junior?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Babe. You have to get a close up of where the ball is, and it's obvious he would have to be Wilt to catch it. Please Google. Neither Welk nor Samuel have catchable balls. These dead horses have been beaten so badly, the buzzards won't come near them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

ROFLMFAO!!!   STILL!!!!!

Just let it go...... 

Well let's say he catches the thing - it's a first down around the 20? 30? I can't remember. Now let's say we get the ball at the 25 and drive down to the 5 before not getting in (could happen, I know), but what definetely would of happened at that point is we would of taken more time off the clock. The Giants ended up getting the ball back on their twelve yard line with 3:46 and one timeout. Now let's say they get the ball at the twenty yard line with 1:46 seconds and no timeouts...do they still beat us? With our defense the answer is probably, but I like our chances a little better with less time and less timeouts. And who's to say that we don't score when WE get into that redzone after Welker catches the ball (that he dropped)? 

Ah, if only wishes were fishes, we'd be up to our arses in haddock. Sorry, can't devine a "possibility" of what COULD have happened. Facts is before and after that drive, only twice did they score TD's on drives. Look at official stats. You'll find "points for" and "points against", but no "Gee, if this hadn't of happened..." category. Why stop with what you'd PROBABKY think the Pats would have done, and add if the Giants defense all got leg cramps withina  3 play sequence,a nd they ended up with their punter playing DB? Or, if a lineman, two LB's, and a safety blew out their knees on the same play? You know, as long as we're playing that Could Possibly Happen Game. Who's to say that Brady was NOT going to toss an INT on an ill conceived pass into strong coverage? or a tipped ball? or a pass the bounced off a receiver? What about a good catch, a step, and then a fumble by the receiver? Where does that figure into your dream like wish?  Naw! That would NEVER happen! Impossible! Couldn't! Right? 

So what you are saying is IF Welker caught that ball - despite it not being in the endzone - we still lose that game? I'm just trying to clarify, because that drop (at least to me) was along the lines of Bill Buckner, in terms of effect. This wasn't some meaningless dropped 2nd and ten throw in the first quarter, this is something that people are talking about two years later...and with good reason.

Yeah, you, me and the rest of the world, but apparently not AZ, realize that catch would have pretty much sealed the game. AT THE LEAST we would have likely (assuming no Ghost choke) gotten a FG making it 20-15 and likely leaving the Giants with less than 2 minutes and no timeouts. Then even if the Giants did score their TD in the less time we would have only needed a FG to win not a TD if there was any time left.

What you going to do. If somebody can't see that Welker catching that VASTLY improves our chances to win then you just can't help them. They clearly have an agenda that could care less about the facts and common sense.

I like playing this What If Game....  What if they converted the drive into a FG for a 20-15 lead. The Giants had all 3 TO's left (ah, those pesky TO's), which they would have probably/more than likely used at least 2 of them, plus the 2 minute warning, to leave them some decent time on the game clock for when they got the ball back. Their winning TD drive went 9 plays for 88 yds. If they were at or under the 2 minute mark, it would have been all passes against a Pats defense that couldn't stop a fly stuck on flypaper. Each pass on that drive went for avg 15 yds. Now, if the Pats couldn't stop the drive that really/actually happened, what makes you so convinced that they could have, or would have stopped a similar drive with a slightly larger lead, knowing a TD beats them? Before answering, remember, in your scenario, the Pats never would have seen the ball again, instead of the as in final 57 seconds, when the vaunted Brady led offense "drove" 29 yards in 9 plays, a brilliant ans stellar 3 YPP.

This ought to be interesting.....  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

'In the numbers'? How many Jacks did you have that day? Just told Babe to see an up close shot of where the ball was. I said Wilt may have had a chance to catch it. Enough said. This is five years ago. This must have ruined your life. I honestly feel sorry for you.